Author Topic: World Of Wackies...  (Read 39478 times)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: World Of Wackies...
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
I think he closed out shop because (based on some of his last posts) that there was hypocrisy to all of the controversy. And he is right to that point. Maybe he is not gone and is just taking a breather.

Dave, that's the impression I got based on his last posts too.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
I think he closed out shop because (based on some of his last posts) that there was hypocrisy to all of the controversy. And he is right to that point. Maybe he is not gone and is just taking a breather.

Is the hypocrisy you mention the response to looting images from someone else's site vs. the response to someone making unlicensed T-shirts? If the guy who made the unlicensed T-shirts vigorously denied that he was doing anything wrong in any way, I think he may have received more lively responses.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:46:46 AM by Gurgle »

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
Let's see here,  where to begin lol

(1) W.O.W. is not as it was before as you all know by now

(2) I gave the domain name to my buddy who wanted to have a site like lolcats, icanhazcheeburger and peopleofwalmart I set him up with the design and the wordpress install and I hope he does well with it,  the other sites do very well, and hell Peopleofwalmart has gotten tons of news coverage in the first months of being open, so hopefully W.O.W. does great in it's new format.

(3) I shut down W.O.W. due to all the dumb ass drama I got when I launched the site,  and the continued drama I got after I apologized and removed all of the offending images,  as I've stated many times,  I have a full time job, as well as running multiple companies, I could not justify spending what little free time I have (even less now that Eliza was born) rebuilding a site that would most likely encounter more drama when I added stuff back up,   it was already very clear to me that ANY content I put up on the site that was also on Greg's site would just be called "Greg's stuff"  (like he tried to pull with the ANS stuff I put up,  he claimed those were his as well and they were 100% NOT)

(4) I NEVER claimed, not thought Topps would 'Buy' W.O.W. and I never implied that to anyone, what I DID say however is that once ALL the features were in place on W.O.W. the site would be used as a demo of the features that would be shown to companies Like Topps,  and if those companies wanted to hire my company to recreate one of more of those features great.

As for if I am done posting on the Wacky forums, I really don't know just yet,  I was met with an awful lot of hostility that I personally feel was unjustified, and as I mentioned in the past there was also a shit load of hypocrisy as well.  and at the end of the day I don't have time for that kind of stuff,   now there are people here who say I was 'stinky' before I launched the site,  that's great lol,  kudos for being all high and mighty and judgmental.

I wasn't going to post this,  but between Greg's post on his board I was emailed about where he's claiming I am out stealing images again,  and all the comments here about me and the site I figured I'd chime in at least one more time and give my side of the story.

until next time.......

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
Bummer.   It would have been nice to have a new site devoted to Wackys.

Oh well...  I guess it wasn't really around long enough to be missed, but W.O.W. showed us some ambitious, if somewhat unrealistic, optimism for a moment or two. 

At least the product coming out from Topps looks great and they're doing some fun new things like the binders, too.  Exciting stuff! 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
Let's see here,  where to begin lol

(1) W.O.W. is not as it was before as you all know by now

(2) I gave the domain name to my buddy who wanted to have a site like lolcats, icanhazcheeburger and peopleofwalmart I set him up with the design and the wordpress install and I hope he does well with it,  the other sites do very well, and hell Peopleofwalmart has gotten tons of news coverage in the first months of being open, so hopefully W.O.W. does great in it's new format.

(3) I shut down W.O.W. due to all the dumb ass drama I got when I launched the site,  and the continued drama I got after I apologized and removed all of the offending images,  as I've stated many times,  I have a full time job, as well as running multiple companies, I could not justify spending what little free time I have (even less now that Eliza was born) rebuilding a site that would most likely encounter more drama when I added stuff back up,   it was already very clear to me that ANY content I put up on the site that was also on Greg's site would just be called "Greg's stuff"  (like he tried to pull with the ANS stuff I put up,  he claimed those were his as well and they were 100% NOT)

(4) I NEVER claimed, not thought Topps would 'Buy' W.O.W. and I never implied that to anyone, what I DID say however is that once ALL the features were in place on W.O.W. the site would be used as a demo of the features that would be shown to companies Like Topps,  and if those companies wanted to hire my company to recreate one of more of those features great.

As for if I am done posting on the Wacky forums, I really don't know just yet,  I was met with an awful lot of hostility that I personally feel was unjustified, and as I mentioned in the past there was also a shit load of hypocrisy as well.  and at the end of the day I don't have time for that kind of stuff,   now there are people here who say I was 'stinky' before I launched the site,  that's great lol,  kudos for being all high and mighty and judgmental.

I wasn't going to post this,  but between Greg's post on his board I was emailed about where he's claiming I am out stealing images again,  and all the comments here about me and the site I figured I'd chime in at least one more time and give my side of the story.

until next time.......
Bummer that you gave up so quickly, it requires very thick skin, some levels of humility and the ability to ignore the hypocrits who give free rides based on personal relationships in this hobby.  It is a shame you allowed yourself to get lulled into arguing your case in greg's backyard as he is a control freak and hence he controls the postings and hence can make any discussion go the way he wants it to. 

I don't recall seeing anything posted here by greg about your ANS stuff being his so to some degree, you were going out of your way to find criticism by chasing the rat into his hole.  Stay outside the hole and that might give you the strength to carry forward with any future missions.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/