Author Topic: Don't Miss this Amazing Celestial Event this Week!  (Read 2944 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Don't Miss this Amazing Celestial Event this Week!
« on: December 12, 2021, 06:31:15 PM »
Tonight and into part of the rest of the week, 3 planets (Saturn, Venus and Jupiter) will align with the Moon! Viewable from most everywhere, it should be a real visual treat!  And to make things even more interesting, there are going to be a couple of meteor showers to keep us entertained! Don't miss this very rare event!

And speaking of rare celestial events this week, could there be something special from Mars? Keep those eyes peeled...

UPDATE! New "Attacky Packages" set drops Tuesday 12/14/21 on Topps.com!!!
In addition to the base cards, there's lots of martian goodies: Sketch cards, Sci-Fi Cereals and more!
https://www.topps.com/2021-topps-mars-attacks-wacky-packages-series-5.html

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:35:18 AM by koduck »

Offline drono

Re: Don't Miss this Amazing Celestial Event this Week!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »
And speaking of rare celestial events this week, could there be something special from Mars? Keep those eyes peeled...

My grandkids would tell you that it sounds painful to peel your eyes.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 12:28:02 AM »
Tonight and into part of the rest of the week, 3 planets (Saturn, Venus and Jupiter) will align with the Moon! Viewable from most everywhere, it should be a real visual treat!  And to make things even more interesting, there are going to be a couple of meteor showers to keep us entertained! Don't miss this very rare event!

OOOOooooohhh....do tell!!!
A

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 05:48:14 AM »
My grandkids would tell you that it sounds painful to peel your eyes.

Ha! Very insightful!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 05:57:27 AM »
Ha! Very insightful!

An astute pupil!  Maybe the lid has come off?  40 lashes!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 11:54:38 AM »
An astute pupil!  Maybe the lid has come off?  40 lashes!!

That's cornea you, but iris I'd have come up with those!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 05:35:54 PM »
That's cornea you, but iris I'd have come up with those!

I see what you mean!

UPDATE! New "Attacky Packages" set drops Tuesday 12/14/21 on Topps.com!!!
In addition to the base cards, there's lots of martian goodies: Sketch cards, Sci-Fi Cereals and more!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 07:33:56 AM »
Attacky series 5 now available!

With sketches
And variation versions too

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 12:42:14 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 08:35:16 AM »
I definitely want all 3 of those cereal box parodies. But I worry if I buy 3 sets, I might get doubles or triples on 1 of them. Not worth taking the chance on a $60.00 investment.

I know others have posted a similar request in the past, but if Topps offered a multi-pack to guarantee one of each of the exclusive parodies, they would sell a lot more packs. In this case, a 3-pack where you get all 3 cereal parodies. Then it's worth the $60 to me personally. I'm not interested in the variant art cards or the coupon backs.

So I'll probably wait to buy a set from someone here with the base cards and all the cereal cards, probably for even less than $60.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:08:41 AM by Swiski »

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 12:09:58 PM »
Hey Neil!

For the variation set. Are stickers inserted at random or is there a chance to get a whole variation set instead of the base set? Looks like another home run of a set.

Take care!

Mike

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you like the new set! As for the variations, unfortunately, I'm not really sure about the distribution on these. I would guess they're inserted randomly, but that's just a hunch.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »
Attacky series 5 now available!

With sketches
And variation versions too

Anyone else having trouble logging in right now?  I've tried multiple times, both to this link and just www.topps.com and haven't had any luck.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you like the new set! As for the variations, unfortunately, I'm not really sure about the distribution on these. I would guess they're inserted randomly, but that's just a hunch.

Thanks Neil! Hoping they aren’t too hard to get! Would be nice if they did have entire sets inserted. Will be fun to see the variations. You may have to help us out!!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 09:15:21 PM »
I am really looking forward to getting these, After the one week are they then printing or is there a cap and they are already printed? 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 09:06:41 AM »
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, I don't have any info about the print schedule. But if past sets are any indication, it may be a print-on-demand thing.

Online roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 06:26:01 AM »
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, I don't have any info about the print schedule. But if past sets are any indication, it may be a print-on-demand thing.

Yup! Everyone needs to BUY NOW, OR REGRET IT LATER! The prices won't get much better on the secondary market, and the limited supply means even that will dry up quickly. The one GUARANTEED way to get yours is to order directly NOW!

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 06:53:49 AM »
Hi Joe,

I would add though, that as there are sketch cards, that means that there is a limit cap to the print run and the set will be SOLD OUT once that number of sales have been reached.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 08:47:33 AM »
I would add though, that as there are sketch cards, that means that there is a limit cap to the print run and the set will be SOLD OUT once that number of sales have been reached.

I agree, and believe that Topps should note that.

Offline View-Monster

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 11:19:44 AM »
For those of you that have picked up multiples of the Attacky Packages before (I've typically waited for the secondary market)...

If a sketch card is 'randomly inserted', does the 12 stickers per pack rule remain in effect? i.e. Does a sketch card bump another card to keep the count at 12, or do you end up with a 13-card pack when blessed with Neil's sketchiness? (Hmmm...that didn't come out right... 🤔)

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
For those of you that have picked up multiples of the Attacky Packages before (I've typically waited for the secondary market)...

If a sketch card is 'randomly inserted', does the 12 stickers per pack rule remain in effect? i.e. Does a sketch card bump another card to keep the count at 12, or do you end up with a 13-card pack when blessed with Neil's sketchiness? (Hmmm...that didn't come out right... 🤔)
From what I’ve noted in the Master List, in the Series 4 set the sketch was an additional card, making the pack 29 vs 28.
On Series 3 though, the sketch replaced the red Ludlow, keeping the pack the same at 6 cards either way.

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=6073.0

Offline View-Monster

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2021, 12:08:35 PM »
From what I’ve noted in the Master List, in the Series 4 set the sketch was an additional card, making the pack 29 vs 28.
On Series 3 though, the sketch replaced the red Ludlow, keeping the pack the same at 6 cards either way.

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=6073.0

Ha...looks like a dice roll, then. Good to know, though. Thanks!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »
Yup! Everyone needs to BUY NOW, OR REGRET IT LATER! The prices won't get much better on the secondary market, and the limited supply means even that will dry up quickly. The one GUARANTEED way to get yours is to order directly NOW!

Well, I dunno if people will regret it who just want the simple base set of 10. Someone is pre-selling base sets on eBay now for $10 shipped.

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
Ha...looks like a dice roll, then. Good to know, though. Thanks!
My guess is that it’ll be like series 4 and the current monthly sets, where the sketch is an additional card in the pack, with nothing is lost.