Author Topic: New Wacky Packages Retail Set Nov,2022  (Read 5749 times)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: New Wacky Packages Retail Set Nov,2022
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2022, 04:48:30 PM »
... but what I want to know is if there's any "STUCKEY'S" left on those cross-country highways anymore.  Seem to remember seeing Wackys at a few on family road trips, along with those disgusting but somehow tasty grilled-cheese sandwiches.

There's only a handful of Stuckey's left right now, with quite a number of affiliate roadsides hosting Stuckey's merch and whatnot. Stephanie Stuckey, the founder's granddaughter, re-aquired the brand/company a few years back from the folks who had let it fall into disrepair and she has been on the slow-but-steady revival mission since. She's been making progress, but it's been measured in steady steps rather than giant strides.  Even so, she's come a long way.  She's a friend and also one heck of a smart, passionate CEO. She's also a fun follow on her social media channels.  Always on the road and talking her mission and love of roadside America. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Online JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2022, 04:52:47 PM »
We ate a LOT of bad pecan log rolls and peanut brittle growing up, but stopping at Stuckeys was always a treat. True story, there is an old Stuckeys building on I -80 in Illinois that has been turned into an “Adult Novelty Store” called the Lion’s Den….Boo…

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »
Someone had leaked the info by mistake which was the only reason we made a post about it otherwise it would have been planned/ scrapped without anyone knowing.

Problems with getting any retail sets out the past year just pushed this completely off the table along with the sale of Topps. They are making decisions on a lot of stuff soon.

That's too bad.  Would have been cool if it came out in time for Halloween this year.  Nothing better than getting Wacky packs instead of candy (or a rock).

Offline Swiski

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2022, 10:31:33 AM »
So...can anyone here with Topps intel give us hope that there is a Wacky Packages project or two in 2023?

This retail set never happened, so I guess it's just business as usual with the monthly sets, plus occasional Old School or Mars Attacky Packages in the new year?

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2022, 04:44:37 PM »
What do you mean?  Target in L.A. has them.  I couldn't find them at Walmart.  But Target has a ton right here on the shelf.  They're next to these newspapers dated 2027.  Hey wait... why is there literally no one else in this Target?  Helloooo?  Anyone here?  Hmm.  Guess they're free.  Come to think of it, I didn't see a single sole on the way in.  And all the cars were parked.  Well, more for me!

<...If no one got that reference, it will just make me sound like a jerk for getting everyone's hopes up.  If you got the reference, hopefully it was worth a chuckle as it probably will be 2027 before we see them>