Author Topic: Wacky Packages NFTs  (Read 7924 times)

Offline Dr.M

Re: Wacky Packages NFTs
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »
I guess companies are exploring the cost benefit of NFTs vs physical cards/product. Seems like our entire society is going digital. Soon everything will be virtual and saved on your computer. At least it solves the issue of finding storage for the stuff in your house  ;D

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2021, 10:14:45 PM »
I guess companies are exploring the cost benefit of NFTs vs physical cards/product. Seems like our entire society is going digital. Soon everything will be virtual and saved on your computer. At least it solves the issue of finding storage for the stuff in your house  ;D

Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case.  Because, you know, NOTHING ever goes wrong with technology.  Hackers NEVER make things inaccessible or delete things from one's computer.  No, count me out from buying any Wacky NFT's.  I want to open a notebook and thumb through my pages and see them and TOUCH them where I know they'll stay.  I'm sure technophiliacs will say, "Well, your house can catch on fire."  My reply: Not as likely as something going wrong with my computer, which has happened MANY times, or someone hacking into my computer, which has also happened despite having it protected, or some technological upgrade will happen so that I can't even see them anymore.  So far, knock on wood, my house has NEVER caught on fire and my physical Wackys have stayed with me since the '70s.  And that is also why I still buy CD's and still have all my LP's from way back.  Sorry, I won't buy digital pictures of anything.  And sorry for the rant, all, and thanks for letting me get this off my chest.   ;)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »
Did anyone partake of the Hot Wheels NFT yesterday? I still don’t get it, cool looking photos is not the same as owning a thing that you can put in a display case or take out of the box and play with…
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:16:28 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2021, 08:40:24 AM »
Did anyone partake of the Hot Wheels NFT yesterday? I still don’t get it, cool looking photos is not the same as owning a thing that you can pit in a display case or take out of the box and play with…

I purchased 8 4 Packs. I pulled three Premium Level NFT's which have redemption for a 1/1200 Physical Car: Rodger Dodger, Twin Mill and Camaro SS.
Those were the three Physical Cars I was after so I was quite lucky.  There are 5 NFT's out of 40 which offer redemption.   As of this morning prices on the secondary market are:
Twin Mill $120,  Camaro SS $200,  Rodger Dodger $300.

The NFT's are not my focus. Physical cars are. I will be purchasing future drops also.  If Topps does this with Wacky's I will buy in if they offer redemption.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2021, 11:48:20 AM »
I purchased 8 4 Packs. I pulled three Premium Level NFT's which have redemption for a 1/1200 Physical Car: Rodger Dodger, Twin Mill and Camaro SS.
Those were the three Physical Cars I was after so I was quite lucky.  There are 5 NFT's out of 40 which offer redemption.   As of this morning prices on the secondary market are:
Twin Mill $120,  Camaro SS $200,  Rodger Dodger $300.

The NFT's are not my focus. Physical cars are. I will be purchasing future drops also.  If Topps does this with Wacky's I will buy in if they offer redemption.

Andrew

If I understand correctly, you were more than quite lucky!  Seems you not only scored 3 redemptions where you could have gotten none (32/40, right?), but also got all the titles you wanted.  Congrats!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »
If I understand correctly, you were more than quite lucky!  Seems you not only scored 3 redemptions where you could have gotten none (32/40, right?), but also got all the titles you wanted.  Congrats!

Odds are low for Redemptions. I got very lucky. I have seen people on youtube open 6 10 packs and pull one redeemable. Those 10 packs cost $150 on the secondary market. I also got very lucky in the Funko Iron Maiden Pops Drop. I purchased 4 packs and pulled a 1/666 Grail Pop NFT which sells for about $300.
The Treasure Hunt NFT (600 Made) from the Hot Wheels drop is selling for $1500 today. That one would have been a nice pull; but I don't like the Bone shaker car they used for it.; So I am very happy with my pulls.

Offline drono

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2021, 08:57:45 AM »
Odds are low for Redemptions. I got very lucky. I have seen people on youtube open 6 10 packs and pull one redeemable. Those 10 packs cost $150 on the secondary market. I also got very lucky in the Funko Iron Maiden Pops Drop. I purchased 4 packs and pulled a 1/666 Grail Pop NFT which sells for about $300.
The Treasure Hunt NFT (600 Made) from the Hot Wheels drop is selling for $1500 today. That one would have been a nice pull; but I don't like the Bone shaker car they used for it.; So I am very happy with my pulls.

I know that you're a collector, but I wonder how many bought simply for the resale value.  To me it ruins the hobby for the collectors to have "flippers" buy a lot of product simply for that purpose.  It's sort of like scalping tickets.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2021, 03:47:16 PM »
I’d buy a timeshare before I buy these

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2021, 05:26:48 PM »
I know that you're a collector, but I wonder how many bought simply for the resale value.  To me it ruins the hobby for the collectors to have "flippers" buy a lot of product simply for that purpose.  It's sort of like scalping tickets.

It seems that two out of three purchasers are either speculators with hopes of selling for large profits in the future or short term scalpers.
There is alot of hype around the this Hot Wheels First NFT release. It will be interesting to watch the market both now and once the physical cars are out in four months.  I managed to put together a set of the 5 physical cars. I had purchased Waxp two weeks ago to buy on Atomic Hub and the Waxp has appreciated by about 40% which gave me alot more buying power for my initial investment than I had anticipated.  All the people buying Waxp for this drop drove up the price of Waxp. I have already carved out a nice spot in my HW display area to put the 5 Physical cars.  They picked some great cars such Twin Mill  and Rodger Dodger which bring back alot of childhood memories.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2021, 08:21:16 PM »
I cant afford that kind of scratch for Hot Wheels…Then again, they probably think we are nuts for paying big bucks for stickers…

Offline drono

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2021, 10:47:03 AM »
I had purchased Waxp two weeks ago to buy on Atomic Hub and the Waxp has appreciated by about 40% which gave me alot more buying power for my initial investment than I had anticipated.  All the people buying Waxp for this drop drove up the price of Waxp.

I do have digital subscriptions to magazines and newspapers simply because I typically threw away the paper versions when I was done, and it saves on trash.  But I guess I'll never understand the appeal to NFTs or purchasing Crypto Currency simply for the purpose of buying NFTs.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2021, 02:31:56 PM »
I do have digital subscriptions to magazines and newspapers simply because I typically threw away the paper versions when I was done, and it saves on trash.  But I guess I'll never understand the appeal to NFTs or purchasing Crypto Currency simply for the purpose of buying NFTs.

The Mars Attacks NFTs are available to purchase by credit card if you’re interested to check them out. I bought some, just to see what they’re like. I do agree that I would much rather have some physical cards. It was disappointing that topps didn’t do any physical redemption cards with this NFT release.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2021, 11:15:45 PM »
I actually wouldn't rule it out. The Greater Fool Theory is alive and well.

I had a chance to buy "virtual real estate" in Decentraland at inception in 2017 for peanuts.  But because I didn't have a crypto wallet (wish I had, but still don't...stupidly), I couldn't participate.  They wouldn't take cash or credit card.  Months later, before the VR world was even created, the plots of land were already going for 100x +.  Much more now, I'm guessing.  But I would have actually made more than buying a real plot of land if I'd done it anyway.  End result:  No real land, no fake land, no crypto, bruised forhead from palm.

"Who is the greater fool, the fool or the one that follows him?"--ObiWan

anything