Author Topic: Halloween Checklist?  (Read 2875 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
Halloween Checklist?
« on: October 27, 2021, 05:47:28 AM »
It seems like there is a checklist for everything, but has anyone ever listed all of the Halloween-ish Wackys? How may sets would they fill out? I'm sure someone on this site is keeping track! Just curious...

Offline mikecho

Re: Halloween Checklist?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
It seems like there is a checklist for everything, but has anyone ever listed all of the Halloween-ish Wackys? How may sets would they fill out? I'm sure someone on this site is keeping track! Just curious...
They're listed on the Master Spreadsheet in the Non-Topps section. Also, the six (as of now) Wacky Halloween Postcards series are in the Topps section.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
I think he means monster/alien/horror Wackys from all sets ever. That would be a fun list to put together, they're my favorites!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »
I think he means monster/alien/horror Wackys from all sets ever. That would be a fun list to put together, they're my favorites!

You mean like Attacky Packages?

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 07:16:34 AM »

Yes, one giant Halloween list of ALL the scary Wackys from whatever source. A kind of creepy Hall of Fame. Since everyone looks forward to the spooky themed cards so much each October, I thought it would be fun to gather them all together on one place!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »
Yes, one giant Halloween list of ALL the scary Wackys from whatever source. A kind of creepy Hall of Fame. Since everyone looks forward to the spooky themed cards so much each October, I thought it would be fun to gather them all together on one place!

You want the honors of putting the list together?

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »
I'm honored by the offer, but wouldn't the experienced collectors with their encyclopedic knowledge of Wackys be better suited to the task?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »
You want the honors of putting the list together?

That sounds like a task right up mikecho's alley.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 01:00:28 PM »
They're listed on the Master Spreadsheet in the Non-Topps section. Also, the six (as of now) Wacky Halloween Postcards series are in the Topps section.

Can you include a link of where you are referencing the above?  Thanks.  Jeff Mac

Offline mikecho

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 08:24:35 PM »
Can you include a link of where you are referencing the above?  Thanks.  Jeff Mac
It's on page 1 in the post on this forum called "Master Spreadsheet" in Master Lists under General Wacky Packages Discussion.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:26:13 PM by mikecho »

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 10:08:34 AM »
It's on page 1 in the post on this forum called "Master Spreadsheet" in Master Lists under General Wacky Packages Discussion.

thanks!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »
thanks!
You're welcome! Hope it helps.

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
I get easily frustrated with technology, and when I couldn't find the list, I assumed I was doing something wrong. I finally took the time to plod through every detail, and did not find what I was looking for. I'm guessing I wasn't descriptive enough when I made my original request. Let me try again:

I know that the official Topps Halloween sets are already on the Master List. I see them on there. That isn't what I was asking. What I was saying was wouldn't it be neat to list each individual card that had a "halloween-ish vibe" to create a Fantasy Halloween Deck? The list would cross all the original series, ANS, Old School, and the more modern Wacky iterations. It could even include Neil's unofficial creations from his Halloween sets. It would create a gallery where ONLY Monster/Scary/Halloween-type card images were grouped together in one place. THAT is the list I'm wondering if anyone ever put together! And if not, how much trouble would it be? It could become a Virtual Haunted House for Wacky fans! Any takers?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 08:35:10 PM »
I get easily frustrated with technology, and when I couldn't find the list, I assumed I was doing something wrong. I finally took the time to plod through every detail, and did not find what I was looking for. I'm guessing I wasn't descriptive enough when I made my original request. Let me try again:

I know that the official Topps Halloween sets are already on the Master List. I see them on there. That isn't what I was asking. What I was saying was wouldn't it be neat to list each individual card that had a "Halloween-ish vibe" to create a Fantasy Halloween Deck? The list would cross all the original series, ANS, Old School, and the more modern Wacky iterations. It could even include Neil's unofficial creations from his Halloween sets. It would create a gallery where ONLY Monster-/Scary-/Halloween-type card images were grouped together in one place. THAT is the list I'm wondering if anyone ever put together! And if not, how much trouble would it be? It could become a Virtual Haunted House for Wacky fans! Any takers?
Sorry about that. I was just telling you where the Spreadsheet was so you could find all the horror-themed Wackys you needed to find, write them all down on a few pieces of paper, and then create the list yourself if you could do so. If you couldn't, however, then I agree - making a list like this would be a good idea, I think.