Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 7 Postcards/Wacky Packages Old School Series 2  (Read 20395 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: Wacky Packages Series 7 Postcards/Wacky Packages Old School Series 2
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »
The hard to get one off and color sketch card is what sold out OLDS so quick. People would spend the money because they knew they would at least get a sketch card. The tougher chase cards are what attracts brisk sales. The formula worked for OLDS because even if you didn't get a rare sketch you still hot a sketch. This same formula has worked for the Postcard series as well. I feel that Topps knows the formula for success.

There will be more color sketches this time (especially considering the higher box count) along with some very special sketches.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:50 AM »
No short printing. That is a definite. The tinkering is only to enhance things not change things mightily. We made some obvious changes like getting rid of the logo stickers as we don't need to repeat that again. The rest are all fun changes or things that will enhance the collecting experience.

I'm glad to hear that there won't be short prints.  As for the logo stickers, even though this is an Old School release, couldn't they do classic logo stickers?  It's all in the family, right?

I like the possibility of a 'golden ticket' in the packs.  Maybe for art?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 05:24:26 AM »

I like the possibility of a 'golden ticket' in the packs.  Maybe for art?

Me too, that would do the trick, even if the odds were poor.  I hope they decide to do it.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
Me too, that would do the trick, even if the odds were poor.  I hope they decide to do it.
I wonder if they'd let us keep the golden ticket after cashing it in.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »
Anyone else notice the OldS stickers kinda stick to each other when you hold them in a stack? Makes it hard to flip through them easily when looking for a certain title. In contrast, the ANS are very slick.

I'm guessing it's due to the thicker card stock, to make them resemble OS white backs?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »
Is Topps looking at offering a special pre-order price again the for OS2?  If so lets do the preorder sooner than later so we can help fund the project and show our support.

DrDeal

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 08:35:10 AM »
Is Topps looking at offering a special pre-order price again the for OS2?  If so lets do the preorder sooner than later so we can help fund the project and show our support.

DrDeal

I will LYK as things get closer concerning a pre-order. You guys already showed your support by the 2/3 month sell-out of series 1 so no worries this time around. I've already spoken to them about plans for OLDS3 & 4.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »
Anyone else notice the OldS stickers kinda stick to each other when you hold them in a stack? Makes it hard to flip through them easily when looking for a certain title. In contrast, the ANS are very slick.

I'm guessing it's due to the thicker card stock, to make them resemble OS white backs?

I bet is has more to do with the finish applied to the cards.  ANS7 either has a UV or aqueous coating to enhance the gloss, and Old School probably doesn't, because they were going for a more "vintage" appearence.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
Wow 2011 is shaping up to be yet another banner year! Will there be ANS 8 as well? Also Postcard 7?

Choke-Wagon

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 06:40:37 AM »
Some serious awesomeness for OLDS2 has been confirmed. I hope we can get it on a flyer for the Philly show in time. If not I'll announce it here first when I'm allowed to do so.

wackyone

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2010, 07:51:57 AM »

I was hoping for a diff card stock,they really didn't have a nice 'feel in hand' and the artwork looked a little dull in contrast to the 70's cards.They kinda reminded me of the Lost series card stock

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »
Some serious awesomeness for OLDS2 has been confirmed. I hope we can get it on a flyer for the Philly show in time. If not I'll announce it here first when I'm allowed to do so.

Woo Hoo!  Thanks for keeping us posted (when the time is right)!