Author Topic: PSA backlog?  (Read 2257 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
PSA backlog?
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:14:16 PM »
I am considering getting some Wackys graded. PSA website says “we are currently not accepting any budget, value, or regular orders.” The cheapest grading seems to be $150 fir “walk through.” What gives? Im not paying $150 to grade a card worth $40-$50…..

Offline jleonard1967

Re: PSA backlog?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 09:06:18 PM »
That has been the problem.  people sending in cards worth 10 bucks hoping for psa 10's and reselling them for big profit.  overloaded the system.  Now a days you can not pursue Facebook in the card section or comic section without someone showing a book or card and one of the comments being Oh better get that graded.  I am a fan of graded cards, but the whole flip for profit has turned me off.  What held up the values of grading everything was the registry.  If you can not complete a registry well you draw your own conclusions as to what will become of grading cards

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 01:56:18 AM »
You probably won’t have anything worth sending in. Most Wackys aren’t worth that much. Even when grading costed around $15, it still was only worth it if you expected PSA 8’s.

I’ve been thinking of sending in a couple of my PSA 9’s for review because they look like 10’a to me, but I don’t count on PSA’s inconsistency.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 05:37:19 AM »
This thread is feeding into what I've said all along I don't understand the whole concept of getting the cards graded other than to flip for profit.  if somebody has a critical eye enough to say it's high graded and they like it why is that not good enough why pay cash and put the card in the hands of an inconsistent ignorant grading firm to declare back to you it's grade?   The absolute only reason I would consider grading a card is to sell it. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 05:49:04 AM »
Yes I was not looking to be a flipper… It was more of testing my grading skills, especially since people selling Wackys on eBay are all over the place with their claimed grades. But at that price I will not be getting anything graded. Half of the fun of collecting stickers for me it’s being able to hold them and look at them…
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:52:22 AM by JailOJohn »

Online drono

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »
This thread is feeding into what I've said all along I don't understand the whole concept of getting the cards graded other than to flip for profit.  if somebody has a critical eye enough to say it's high graded and they like it why is that not good enough why pay cash and put the card in the hands of an inconsistent ignorant grading firm to declare back to you it's grade?   The absolute only reason I would consider grading a card is to sell it.

I would agree with you, except also when buying a really rare card.  Condition has never mattered to me.  I'll accept EX and better.  The Bandache ludlow currently on eBay is a prime example.  The seller mentioned that PSA wouldn't grade it because it has been trimmed.  That doesn't bother me, but I would certainly not want to pay top dollar for a trimmed card just because it has eye appeal.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:17:05 PM by drono »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 04:17:49 PM »
I would agree with you, except also when buying a really rare card.  Condition has never mattered to me.  I'll accept EX and better.  The Bandache ludlow currently on eBay is a prime example.  The seller mentioned that PSA wouldn't grade it because it has been trimmed.  That doesn't bother me, but I would certainly not want to pay top dollar for a trimmed card just because it has eye appeal.
  I guess I'll never have to worry because I'm never gonna buy a rare item air at high price, I'd rather try to find it or not own it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 07:31:32 AM »
I just received an e-mail from CGC, who mostly grades comics, telling me they have cleared up their backlog on grading cards. It was a pretty lengthy e-mail that said they have been flooded with submissions and had to add lots of graders to get caught up. It looks like most everyone on here uses PSA. Has anyone ever used CGC to grade cards/stickers? Just curious... 

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 03:29:51 PM »
     Hey John, I looked into it and when I did at the time they did not grade "Wackies". When you heard back from them did they respond that they did grade them now?

Matt.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 05:00:40 PM »
Not specifically, just that they are now taking card submissions…

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 09:49:35 AM »
     Ah so you did not ask them. OK.