• Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Least Favorite ANS7 “Title”...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
"Twitley Tea"
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »
I’ve seen what people like best, but what do you like least of ANS7? I’m not talking about odds of pulling sketches, rocket red borders, etc. I’m talking about the base set & WACK-O-MERCIAL. In other words, if you worked for Topps and they told you to choose one card to be cut from the series…which one would it be…and why.

It’s hard you me pick (approx 5 card tie) because I like ALL Wacky Packages and think all the artists are VERY talented, but if it was my job to cut one out…it would be:

#20 Flabreze

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/08/!B1Q5tNQCGk~$(KGrHqIOKigE)RO)nzGpBMdvqNZU5!~~_3.JPG[/expando]

Why: I guess it’s more the theme (the smelly/belly stuff sounds yucky) than anything else. There is nothing really wrong with it. I just had to pick one.
Just keep in mind this isn't like picking your favorite band or movie star. Everyone who worked hard to create the Wacky Packages are here in this room. Not that it's as bad as Ron starting the thread in the other forum to name your top 5 favorite artists. He might as well start a thread to name the top 5 favorite forum members.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »
He might as well start a thread to name the top 5 favorite forum members.

Ooh - Wouldn't that be fun!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »
Just keep in mind this isn't like picking your favorite band or movie star. Everyone who worked hard to create the Wacky Packages are here in this room. Not that it's as bad as Ron starting the thread in the other forum to name your top 5 favorite artists. He might as well start a thread to name the top 5 favorite forum members.
and then Glocky could start up a least favorite forum member thread.... wouldn't that be fun? :angryfire:

Glocky Packages

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
Everyone who worked hard to create the Wacky Packages are here in this room.

Okay...I'm sorry I did not realize that. Brad please delete or lock this thread.

I’m very new to this group...an outsider. I apologize for posting an inappropriate thread.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:58:05 PM by Glocky Packages »

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
Re: .....
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Speaking as the guy who wrote and painted Glocky's least favorite ANS7 Wacky, Flabreze, I'm OK with having a Least Favorite ANS7 Title thread on the forum. I'd rather hear honest opinions of the work than think that members are saying one thing in PMs (or back at Greg's forum) and something else on the public board to spare our feelings.

Glocky didn't write "Whoever painted that is a jerk"--which would have been hurtful. He stated his opinion of the Flabreze sticker with restraint: "I guess it’s more the theme (the smelly/belly stuff sounds yucky) than anything else. There is nothing really wrong with it. I just had to pick one."

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:19:20 PM by paste_anyplace »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
I do like the term least favorite!

:1rij:   :1rij:  :1rij:   :1rij:

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »

Meaningless post...Meaningless post!!! LOL!!! ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
Speaking as the guy who wrote and painted Glocky's least favorite ANS7 Wacky, Flabreze, I'm OK with having a Least Favorite ANS7 Title thread on the forum. I'd rather hear honest opinions of the work than think that members are saying one thing in PMs (or back at Greg's forum) and something else on the public board to spare our feelings.

Glocky didn't write "Whoever painted that is a jerk"--which would have been hurtful. He stated his opinion of the Flabreze sticker with restraint: "I guess it’s more the theme (the smelly/belly stuff sounds yucky) than anything else. There is nothing really wrong with it. I just had to pick one."

Wasn't this the "free speech" forum? Where did the title of the thread go? I will gladly post my least favorite ANS7 sticker. There's more than one actually. I think this is a first for me. I can't think of another series that I actually dislike so many stickers. There are a few I don't like from early ANS due to overly grossness and bodily fluid jokes. But even on some of those, like Soggy Bottom Wetpants, I think that's more silly thank gross plus the character grew on me.

Besides Twitley (which was already talked about in another thread), and Tiny Cats (this could have easily been done differently instead of suffocating cats), what's up with the BP card? A bunch of dead oily fish and an oily credit card? Is there some sort of statement being made? Why is this even considered a Wacky?

Others I don't care for: Wife-Out (aren't Wackys supposed to be geared towards kids?), CrudeTube (come on, another oil spill sticker?)

This is one series I'm not stocking up a bunch of extras on like I usually do. I'm almost embarrassed I recommended them to my nephew and coworkers son). I'm just glad there are a ton of really excellent titles to hopefully cancel out these bad ones.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »
Wasn't this the "free speech" forum? Where did the title of the thread go? I will gladly post my least favorite ANS7 sticker. There's more than one actually. I think this is a first for me. I can't think of another series that I actually dislike so many stickers. There are a few I don't like from early ANS due to overly grossness and bodily fluid jokes. But even on some of those, like Soggy Bottom Wetpants, I think that's more silly thank gross plus the character grew on me.

Besides Twitley (which was already talked about in another thread), and Tiny Cats (this could have easily been done differently instead of suffocating cats), what's up with the BP card? A bunch of dead oily fish and an oily credit card? Is there some sort of statement being made? Why is this even considered a Wacky?

Others I don't care for: Wife-Out (aren't Wackys supposed to be geared towards kids?), CrudeTube (come on, another oil spill sticker?)

This is one series I'm not stocking up a bunch of extras on like I usually do. I'm almost embarrassed I recommended them to my nephew and coworkers son). I'm just glad there are a ton of really excellent titles to hopefully cancel out these bad ones.

Nothing wrong with suffocating imaginary cats in a painting. I guess you also hate Choke Wagon, Grave Train and Putrid Cat Chow? These are some of my favorites which is exactly why I did Tiny Cats.  And yes, I have had cats as pets. Who wants every sticker to be cute and cuddly? There are so many biting and yes, vicious Wackys from the original run.

As far as Wife-Out goes...plenty of adult geared Wackys in the original run as well. One of the ones I'm most happy with. The BP sticker...well...trust me I had no interest in doing that one but it was stuck on me at the last minute to go with Twitley. I don't find it funny or interesting and told Topps the two overly political ones were bad ideas. About the only thing I like about it is how the oil came out. One of my least liked ones I've ever done and I lost Sparker in the set because of it. Dang it.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
Heh, I really like the Flabreze card. It's nice and simple. Very vintage / old school to me. Reminds me of Fright Guard actually, one of my favorite vintage cards and one I cherished - stuck right in the middle of my bedroom door as a kid! I get a kick out of the gag too: "Makes your belly a lot less smelly" ... how bizarrely Wacky is that?

BP is very high on my list for the artwork -- really amazing color there. A bit heavy-handed with the message (even if I agree with it) -- seems to be not really in the Wacky spirit -- but excellent art nonetheless. Wife-Out is hilarious! But I can see where it might be on the edge of offensive to some. What a great gag though, and totally off the wall. Going from White-Out to Wife-Out is brilliant.

The more I play with the ANS7 cards, the more I like them. Heck, I just spent another $90 on 'em! Really some of the best art/gags in the ANS series imo.

Keep up the great work, all! :great:

My only really disappointment with ANS7 is: (1) the insane odds on the golds/sketches; (2) the poor distribution of bonus boxes and blister packs in retail stores in my area, a city of 150,000!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »
seems to be not really in the Wacky spirit

Thanks for putting it better than me. That is exactly what I meant. It wasn't really created to be a Wacky but more of a direct political "hot topic" jab. I'm not going to disown it because I did it and it's out there but I'm not exactly happy with the end result.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 09:24:53 PM »
Nothing wrong with suffocating imaginary cats in a painting. I guess you also hate Choke Wagon, Grave Train and Putrid Cat Chow? These are some of my favorites which is exactly why I did Tiny Cats.  And yes, I have had cats as pets. Who wants every sticker to be cute and cuddly? There are so many biting and yes, vicious Wackys from the original run.

No, I do like those 3 OS titles you mention. I think what bugs me about Tiny Cats is the suffering. Yeah I'm probably overly sensitive because I have 6 rescue cats currently, but those 3 OS titles depict animals that are already dead. Not sure if that makes any sense. Tiny Cats could instead have been something similar to a cracker jack box, where you get tiny cats as prizes, or something like that. Who knows, maybe I'm just getting too sensitive in my old age.  :sad:
[/quote]

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
No, I do like those 3 OS titles you mention. I think what bugs me about Tiny Cats is the suffering. Yeah I'm probably overly sensitive because I have 6 rescue cats currently, but those 3 OS titles depict animals that are already dead. Not sure if that makes any sense. Tiny Cats could instead have been something similar to a cracker jack box, where you get tiny cats as prizes, or something like that. Who knows, maybe I'm just getting too sensitive in my old age.  :sad:

The Choke Wagon dog is not dead yet (sounds like a Monty Python gag...). He's lurching his head in the midst of choking with his eyes open and he's spitting. I'm not sure if the Putrid cat is dead or dying or just knocked out. Too vague. I hope he recovered and lived out the rest of his days healthy.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »

Yeah, me too. ;)

Or like zillions of tiny cats in the package with a label showing someone pouring them out only to be covered and scratched, etc. (in a funny way, of course) -- like letting a zillion frustrated cats out of a single container would cause. Would be very Wacky because there would absolutely no reason to (a) have such a product, and (b) ever open it near your person!

:sign13: Idea: How about a whole series (or partial, like the WOM subset) where the gags are brainstormed by Wacky fans? Limited time and voted on, etc. Oooooh. Could be fun!

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »
Nothing wrong with suffocating imaginary cats in a painting. I guess you also hate Choke Wagon, Grave Train and Putrid Cat Chow?

Which is why I like Choke Wagon, it pissed off Purina enough to issue a cease and desist as it pissed them off enough to see a choking dog :P

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
Which is why I like Choke Wagon, it pissed off Purina enough to issue a cease and desist as it pissed them off enough to see a :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: choking dog :P
I thought "Putrid Cat Chow" was just as funny or (offensive) however you look at it, but there was no (C&D) for that title...I wonder why??? Anyone know??? :confuse:

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
Which is why I like Choke Wagon, it pissed off Purina enough to issue a cease and desist as it pissed them off enough to see a choking dog :P
it was actually a C&D on Putrid which got Choke Wagon yanked. But I'm sure if putrid hadn't done it, choke would have.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:22 AM »
it was actually a C&D on Putrid which got Choke Wagon yanked. But I'm sure if putrid hadn't done it, choke would have.

As Ed McMahon would have said to Jonny-" You are correct, SIR"

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:09 AM »

Looks like Glocky has left the forum, right after this thread issue was raised.  I find that unfortunate - perhaps Brad can access an email address and could forward this post to invite Glocky back?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 07:52:55 AM »
Looks like Glocky has left the forum, right after this thread issue was raised.  I find that unfortunate - perhaps Brad can access an email address and could forward this post to invite Glocky back?

I see he's changed his "player alias" in the football pool. I'd hate to see him leave the forum or football pool over this issue.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
I see he's changed his "player alias" in the football pool. I'd hate to see him leave the forum or football pool over this issue.

I almost left a few years ago when I was new on Greg's forum and got a 'Dude, your avatar is way too big.'  My first ever forum, and I was very embarrassed - there I was, so pleased that I had figured out and uploaded an avatar without any help, and although it was too big, I had to leave for work before finishing.  I was under the mistaken impression that it would only show up for new posts, which I wouldn't be making until after work, and so didn't worry.....  of course, I messed up screens for everybody all day.  I'm glad I stuck around, and I hope there's a way to get Glocky back.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
I almost left a few years ago when I was new on Greg's forum and got a 'Dude, your avatar is way too big.' 

Was it because your avatar was too big or because people thought you were a dude?   ;)

BTW, I'm very glad you stayed, and yeah, Glocky shouldn't leave because of this.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »
Or like zillions of tiny cats in the package with a label showing someone pouring them out only to be covered and scratched, etc. (in a funny way, of course) -- like letting a zillion frustrated cats out of a single container would cause. Would be very Wacky because there would absolutely no reason to (a) have such a product, and (b) ever open it near your person!

That is a good Wacky idea :)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »
My post was off topic (easy to do, considering ".....") but not meaningless Ron. “Least favorite” is a term that reflects someone’s affection for the hobby, in a funny and cute way. And it’s a bit of any oxymoron too, right? The two words don’t belong together. To demonstrate my point, if someone calls you an “idiot”, you probably wouldn’t like it. But if someone says, “Ron is my least favorite forum member”, you’d probably laugh. I write dumb stuff sometimes and shake my head at some of my posts (I sometimes ask the Gods to forgive that I took a few seconds of some good people’s valuable time to read my drivel), but I thought this term “least favorite” was very funny. Frankly I’d rate it as one of the better posts I’ve made in recent times, although I realize to people living and also to those who have risen from the dead, “better” is a highly subjective word. We have many George Carlin fans here. I’ll bet George covered “least favorite” in Brain Droppings or it was in one of his acts. I’m sure George did not miss that one; it’s just way too good.

Also Ron, an important part of my post was to demonstrate one method of seeming to get around Brad’s 5 smiley per post limit he has imposed on us (the dictator he is).
I’ll bet you missed that (important) point.  
                                                      :tongue8:  

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »
My post was off topic (easy to do, considering ".....") but not meaningless Ron. “Least favorite” is a term that reflects someone’s affection for the hobby, in a funny and cute way. And it’s a bit of any oxymoron too, right? The two words don’t belong together. To demonstrate my point, if someone calls you an “idiot”, you probably wouldn’t like it. But if someone says, “Ron is my least favorite forum member”, you’d probably laugh. I write dumb stuff sometimes and shake my head at some of my posts (I sometimes ask the Gods to forgive that I took a few seconds of some good people’s valuable time to read my drivel), but I thought this term “least favorite” was very funny. Frankly I’d rate it as one of the better posts I’ve made in recent times, although I realize to people living and also to those who have risen from the dead, “better” is a highly subjective word. We have many George Carlin fans here. I’ll bet George covered “least favorite” in Brain Droppings or it was in one of his acts. I’m sure George did not miss that one; it’s just way too good.

Also Ron, an important part of my post was to demonstrate one method of seeming to get around Brad’s 5 smiley per post limit he has imposed on us (the dictator he is).
I’ll bet you missed that (important) point.  
I read it as Ron making a self-reference to his own post being an absolutely meaningless response on this thread, not as a remark on yours. Keep up the good work!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »
I read it as Ron making a self-reference to his own post being an absolutely meaningless response on this thread, not as a remark on yours.
"self-reference" LOL! Ron does talk to himself a lot.

Hey, with a bit of work we can make old school posts like on Greg's forum. It been a while since I've seen a quote inside a quote!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »
"self-reference" LOL! Ron does talk to himself a lot.

Hey, with a bit of work we can make old school posts like on Greg's forum. It been a while since I've seen a quote inside a quote!

I kind of like it this way better though.  The post levels would get so deep only a couple of stacked posts would fit on a page.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
I kind of like it this way better though.  The post levels would get so deep only a couple of stacked posts would fit on a page.
I agree.
Was just enjoying a little flashback.   8)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »

As far as Wife-Out goes...plenty of adult geared Wackys in the original run as well. One of the ones I'm most happy with. The BP sticker...well...trust me I had no interest in doing that one but it was stuck on me at the last minute to go with Twitley. I don't find it funny or interesting and told Topps the two overly political ones were bad ideas. About the only thing I like about it is how the oil came out. One of my least liked ones I've ever done and I lost Sparker in the set because of it. Dang it.

I actually think Tiny Cat is hilarious. It's really one of my favorites from the series. Everyone has their own opinion on what is funny.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
I almost left a few years ago when I was new on Greg's forum and got a 'Dude, your avatar is way too big.'  My first ever forum, and I was very embarrassed - there I was, so pleased that I had figured out and uploaded an avatar without any help, and although it was too big, I had to leave for work before finishing.  I was under the mistaken impression that it would only show up for new posts, which I wouldn't be making until after work, and so didn't worry.....  of course, I messed up screens for everybody all day.  I'm glad I stuck around, and I hope there's a way to get Glocky back.
Hi Pat, I found out he changed his name. I sent him an email to post something on the forum so everyone knows he is still here. I told him not to be offended by this thread because it actually is getting some good feedback.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
I actually think Tiny Cat is hilarious. It's really one of my favorites from the series. Everyone has their own opinion on what is funny.

I'm curious what you find most hilarious about it?

VX HYPERSPACE

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
;) I’m still here everyone…I changed my name to ӍƩĿŦŶ ШÅŶ so please just call me Melty for short. I checked the members list and it looks like "Melty Way" is open (please tell me if I'm wrong). It’s a space related thing. I’ve had an interest in astrophysics/ astronomy since I was young. I know the Milky Way bar is not really named after the Earth’s galaxy, but the name is still "spacey" sounding to me...so I like it. I will stay with this name.

[expando]http://www.lostwackys.com/images/wackyads/1.jpg[/expando]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:42:54 AM by ӍƩĿŦŶ ШÅŶ »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
Was it because your avatar was too big or because people thought you were a dude?   ;)

BTW, I'm very glad you stayed, and yeah, Glocky shouldn't leave because of this.

It was really the public embarrassment, and the fact that it was my very first attempt to use an online forum, and I felt like an idiot.

I'm glad I stuck around, and it's good to see that Glocky hasn't left now.

anything