Author Topic: Which Original Series to get?  (Read 1861 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Which Original Series to get?
« on: September 06, 2021, 03:07:13 PM »
I have limited funds, so 16th Series will be out of the question. I need the following series..1, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15th… I have a price list (thanks to Band Ache), but my question is if you were me, which series would you get first? Lets assume i can afford to buy 2-3 sets per year, hopefully finishing all sets (excluding 16th) in the next 3-4 years…Are some harder to come by, not necessarily rare? I am aware of rare titles in 1st, 4th, and 10th series…We all collect differently, but what would you go after??? Thanks for the help…

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: Which Original Series to get?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
I don't think you need our discretion on which sets to collect.

I will say, though, that you don't need to collect the rares in all of those series. In series 4, you can go with Mess and Windhex instead of Bum and Choke. You also don't need a 10th Pupsi as there are checklists without them.

The easiest set, if that's what you're asking, would likely be 4th.

Here's how I would rank them, from easiest to most difficult:

4th (Mess, Windhex)
10th (Without Pupsi)
11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
15th
1st

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 03:32:36 PM »
Okay. In comics, I was always told to get the key (more expensive) issues first and then acquire the rest of the run. That is sound advice in comics, because key issues always increase in price the fastest. I am not sure the same strategy applies to Wackys, not sure they are increasing in price the way some comics have. Its fun to strategize and dream and think about Wackys when the rest of the world is fairly dreary right now...

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »
I have limited funds, so 16th Series will be out of the question. I need the following series..1, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15th… I have a price list (thanks to Band Ache), but my question is if you were me, which series would you get first? Lets assume i can afford to buy 2-3 sets per year, hopefully finishing all sets (excluding 16th) in the next 3-4 years…Are some harder to come by, not necessarily rare? I am aware of rare titles in 1st, 4th, and 10th series…We all collect differently, but what would you go after??? Thanks for the help…

Buy what you want, when you can afford it, and if it is available to you....  any other questions?   WTF

p.s  If you can only afford 2 sets per year, maybe this is not the hobby for you... 

go to wackypackages.org for all the wacky knowledge you would ever need... something tells me you already know this and are just looking for attention.... 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 03:56:24 PM by 70s_Kid »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
as in comics condition is key!  If you want complete sets you should get the hard to get ones first.  If you just want a set and not as concerned if you have the harder ones, well then you know what to do.  One thing I will tell you it is not a race.  You should collect within your budget, but take the time to track down the deal.  That is fun part of it.