Author Topic: What have you covered with Wackys???  (Read 2690 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
What have you covered with Wackys???
« on: August 19, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »

This is a tray i made a few years ago out of my doubles and reprints of Wacky Packages. What things have you all covered with Wackys??? I know it is hard to upload photos on this forum, but as the kids say “photo, or it didn’t happen!”
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:35:28 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline quas

Re: What have you covered with Wackys???
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 09:08:38 AM »
Wow, are those die cuts in the bottom row?  If so, it would be interesting to know (which we probably never will) if the Jolly Mean was originally a #43 or #21.
Marc

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 09:18:06 AM »
Those are all reprints from flashback  and the 1979-80 re-issues….i may be wacky, but i’m not stupid enough to use die-cuts, even to make a handsome serving tray…
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:23:13 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline quas

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »
Those are all reprints from flashback  and the 1979-80 re-issues….i may be wacky, but i’m not stupid enough to use die-cuts, even to make a handsome serving tray…

Good!  I guess "years ago" meant back just a few years (to flashback) and not to 1967!
Marc

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
I know these are not worth much adhered, but now it brings up the question - how do you tell the difference between originals and flashbacks when stickered on a surface?
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 11:28:24 AM »
I know these are not worth much adhered, but now it brings up the question - how do you tell the difference between originals and flashbacks when stickered on a surface?
A

With a lot of these here, you can see that the titles are poster variations, which means they are Flashback.  Also, there is a size difference, especially with Flashback Series 1 titles.  And don't get me started on the Cap'n Crud without the shading!!!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 11:46:34 AM »
Sorry if this caused confusion. I assume none of us would peel OS stickers these days like we did when we were dumb kids…i no longer have them, but i had several spiral-bound and 3-ring notebooks (and some  furniture) that  i covered with OS Wackys…..

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 01:35:01 PM »
With a lot of these here, you can see that the titles are poster variations, which means they are Flashback.  Also, there is a size difference, especially with Flashback Series 1 titles.  And don't get me started on the Cap'n Crud without the shading!!!

I'll have to look more closely! A

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 02:28:00 PM »
   I remember after buying a handful of packs of series 2 from the drug store and I stuck them around the front and back of my Father's billiard table in the basement.  I'm pretty sure I got into trouble that day with him. 

Matt.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 03:15:40 PM »
   I remember after buying a handful of packs of series 2 from the drug store and I stuck them around the front and back of my Father's billiard table in the basement.  I'm pretty sure I got into trouble that day with him. 

Matt.

Had I done anything close to that as a kid I probably would STILL not be able to sit comfortably  >(

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 03:57:23 PM »
Here is an old beer fridge that I used to have.  This was around 2004 or so.  These are all magnets that I made from stickers.  The majority of these were created from '79-80 reprints but there are several that were made from O.S. stickers:

The top row here on the side were all made from originals:

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 04:04:47 PM »
And sorry, I couldn't resist this one:

Although I wasn't the one who covered them....
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 11:10:14 PM »
Here is an old beer fridge that I used to have.  This was around 2004 or so.  These are all magnets that I made from stickers.  The majority of these were created from '79-80 reprints but there are several that were made from O.S. stickers:

(Image removed from quote.)

The top row here on the side were all made from originals:

Nice!  I love the Homer Simpson figure on the top.  I have one with Homer crying because there's no beer in his fridge - will post a pic of that tomorrow, hopefully, along with one of my front door and fridge.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2021, 04:50:47 PM »
Absolutely nothing! (at least from what I can remember)  :o

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2021, 01:14:23 PM »
And sorry, I couldn't resist this one:

Although I wasn't the one who covered them....

I can think of a better way to give her first aid!!  8) 8) 8)

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 01:19:48 PM »
As a kid when they were all the rage in 1973/74, I just collected and traded them but never stuck them on anything.  I just had a rubber band around my stack.  I knew nothing of sleeves and binders to put them in, nor did I see any other kids with them stored like that.  Flash forward to the 2000's, I have slapped some flashbacks and Old Schools on an office 3 drawer filing cabinet along with some wacky magnets.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
There's a fairly well-known surf-taco place out here in the West, called, "Wahoos" (amazing fish tacos there), and they usually have stickers everywhere... all over the walls and windows, etc.  But 99% of them were surf & skateboard companies and band logo stickers.  So, back when I was going there a lot, I used to sacrifice my extra 1979 reprint stickers & add to the sticker chaos.  Don't know if any of them are still there.  I peppered the outer edge of the bathroom mirror once with Wackys, and those got removed for some reason... even though the band & surf stickers remained.  Haters!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2021, 11:24:44 PM »
Here are magnets on my fridge and front door: