Author Topic: What are ANS worth these days?  (Read 2578 times)

Offline mikecho

What are ANS worth these days?
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:01:39 PM »
Remember when I said that I had a friend who was interested in giving my trading card collection a good home, but he died before I could even show it to him?

Well, the owner of my local comic book store has recently expressed interest in it. When I recently talked to another friend and his wife, they said to find out what it's worth before talking to him. My question is what prices are ANS1-ANS8, Flashback, Flashback 2 and Chrome (plus all the other Topps and non-Topps trading card series I've got) going for these days? I say this because I'm thinking he might want to buy them and I'd like to get paid what they're worth if that's so.

For the list of what I have, see my page "Trading various Wackys for Wacky Halloween Postcards" on pg. 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: What are ANS worth these days?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:21:03 AM »
Others probably have more actual selling experience, but I have seen most, if not all of the ANS Series on e-bay listed for under $40, some under $30 per set. The Chromes might go for a bit more. You could just go on e-bay and search for the sets you have to get an idea of what they are selling for. Bear in Mind that E-bay charges a bunch of fees to list and taxes, so you could sell to the Comic Shop Owner for a bit less than the going rate on e-bay.... Good Luck, it can be hard to put a price on something you love...

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:45:06 PM »
Others probably have more actual selling experience, but I have seen most, if not all of the ANS Series on e-bay listed for under $40, some under $30 per set. The Chromes might go for a bit more. You could just go on e-bay and search for the sets you have to get an idea of what they are selling for. Bear in Mind that E-bay charges a bunch of fees to list and taxes, so you could sell to the Comic Shop Owner for a bit less than the going rate on e-bay.... Good Luck, it can be hard to put a price on something you love...
Thanks for the help! I take it the Flashbacks would go for the same price as the ANS, or would they go for a bit more, too, just like the Chrome?

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »
Flashbacks on e-bay are currently going for about $30 fir a set, or $40 for both set 1 and 2…

Offline mikecho

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »
Flashbacks on e-bay are currently going for about $30 fir a set, or $40 for both set 1 and 2…
Thanks again!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 03:44:47 PM »
Also keep in mind that a store owner is probably not going to offer you anything near full market value if they are intending to resell the items.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »
Also keep in mind that a store owner is probably not going to offer you anything near full market value if they are intending to resell the items.
Then I'll have to find out if he wants them for his own personal collection or wants to resell them at the store. Thanks again!

anything