Author Topic: Coolest Wacky Package item?  (Read 11278 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Coolest Wacky Package item?
« on: August 26, 2021, 10:50:40 AM »
I don't think this has been covered here before. What is the coolest Wacky item, besides traditional stickers, that you have ever owned or seen? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. I have seen a picture on this forum of one of those semi truck toys with a Wacky logo on the side, maybe only a couple in existence. That's probably the rarest and coolest item I've ever seen.   

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Coolest Wacky Package item?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
I don't think this has been covered here before. What is the coolest Wacky item, besides traditional stickers, that you have ever owned or seen? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. I have seen a picture on this forum of one of those semi truck toys with a Wacky logo on the side, maybe only a couple in existence. That's probably the rarest and coolest item I've ever seen.   

As a kid I had a Blunder t-shirt, and my sister had a Koduck t-shirt (my mom had to go to the boy's department to find them for us).  I wore mine until it was threadbare, and it is long gone.  It was so loved and worn so much that I think it might have just dissolved in the washing machine.  Nowadays, I guess I would have to say my Kook-Aid glass, and my wall placks - two of those are from my childhood, and one was acquired recently.

I've seen pictures in "The Gallery" of things like innertubes, which I would have gone berserk for as a kid.  There were also keychains, and tiny trinkets.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »
This is my personal coolest….

« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:21:26 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »
Ah, I was thinking things that didn't directly go with the Wackys.  Must ponder upon which is my favorite box  :-\

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
Which patches are those? Must be an earlier version. I have seen a box of the patches at the 39 cents pricewith the boy and girl wearing the patches on jackets on the box. If anyone has a jean jacket adorned with Wacky patches, that would be groovy. Also, any clothing made from a bolt of Wacky cloth...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 12:14:44 PM »
Which patches are those? Must be an earlier version. I have seen a box of the patches at the 39 cents pricewith the boy and girl wearing the patches on jackets on the box. If anyone has a jean jacket adorned with Wacky patches, that would be groovy. Also, any clothing made from a bolt of Wacky cloth...

These were the Series 1 titles issued in packs, with puzzle checklists, just like the regular series 1 stickers.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 02:54:46 PM »
JailOJohn you are sure getting a lot of attention. Lots of new threads you created and getting responses to. Ah to be a newbie again!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 07:35:27 PM »
I own a full box of the 1974 posters, which hold great sentimental value to me. Plus I always loved the posters! I have an unfolded Toadal as well.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 01:28:34 AM »
A set of 3 Wacky pins put out by N Camera and company. I bought these before I knew who Neil was -
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 04:04:39 AM »
Maybe this:

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 04:19:53 AM »
     Yes, and that Paul Maul's cloth patches box are too cool.

Matt.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 08:44:38 AM »
This is my personal coolest….

(Image removed from quote.)
I would be happy to own a cloth patches box even half as nice as that one. Been on my want list for a while...and likely to remain there for a while more...  :sad:

I like many of my Wacky possessions, but the drinking glass set is prob in the top three.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »
How did you come to own the drinking glasses?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 04:07:12 PM »
How did you come to own the drinking glasses?
The Reader's Digest version is that I had one of them (don't remember which) and then majorly lucked out on eBay and found four (4) Kook-Aid glasses in one auction for a BIN. Traded off three of the Kook-Aids to others here to assemble the set seen.

To my knowledge, only Kathy Montone and myself own a complete set (and it is assumed this is a complete set, as no other titles have ever been seen).

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 04:39:45 PM »
I would be happy to own a cloth patches box even half as nice as that one. Been on my want list for a while...and likely to remain there for a while more...  :sad:

I like many of my Wacky possessions, but the drinking glass set is prob in the top three.

Very nice! And about impossible to find. I never see any on eBay.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 04:41:25 PM »
These were the Series 1 titles issued in packs, with puzzle checklists, just like the regular series 1 stickers.
To expand a bit on Pat’s post, the box description ‘patches’ is actually a misnomer in the Wacky lexicon.  Collectors refer to these as the ‘cloth stickers’, same as regular 1st Series except the peel-off sticker is made from some type of thin fabric, probably polyester-ish in composition, instead of regular sticker paper.  I’ve never actually seen one up close, but if anyone remembers the small post-card-sized concert promo stickers that used to float around in grade school, I would bet it’s exactly the same material that those were made from.  Maybe the concert stickers were a local NY thing, I’m not sure, but the local radio stations would give out gobs of stuff like that, pinback buttons and such.  How they continuously made their way into our elementary school I have no idea.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
As much as I'd like to say the original artwork for this or that (which I don't have anymore), it's the creepy Cheapios poster that probably has to be the coolest due to the circumstances.  Still have that.  I nicknamed it "Creepios".

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »
One of the coolest items that never was (officially) where very hefty metal WP cards. These metal cards were not an official Topps item since they were never released by Topps. The two pages of text below were provided by the seller  with the gold metal card shown when I purchased it. As noted in the text, these metal cards were made in gold, silver and bronze color and intended as chase items in Postcard series sold online. Also noted is that it was designed by a Topps artist (un-named). It sure looks like Neil Camera's work. Neil always came up with creative ideas and and extras for the Postcard releases. My guess is this was done about the time of Postcard series 7. I included a Neil Camera sketch card from Series 7 that mirrors the metal card. In the postcard series, the sketches were of the postcard titles for that release although there is not a series 7 title that matches the sketch or metal card. So I suppose a planned title that was not included but a few sketches had already been made. I don't think this is THE GAME OF LICE characters from the Series 6 postcards, but I could be wrong. There is a forum thread discussing these metal cards at:      http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=4941.msg87939#msg87939

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:24:55 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »
The metal cards are definitely cool!  So are the metal pins and pendants. 

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:33:55 PM by RawGoo »

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
The Reader's Digest version is that I had one of them (don't remember which) and then majorly lucked out on eBay and found four (4) Kook-Aid glasses in one auction for a BIN. Traded off three of the Kook-Aids to others here to assemble the set seen.

To my knowledge, only Kathy Montone and myself own a complete set (and it is assumed this is a complete set, as no other titles have ever been seen).

Yup the Wacky Glasses are one of my favorite possessions.  That along with the placks and keychais/necklaces

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 10:43:14 AM »
Those drinking glasses are SWEET! Way cooler than my 7 Eleven Marvel Slurpee cups or even my Looney Tunes Welch's Jelly Jar glasses....

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 12:47:14 PM »
Those drinking glasses are SWEET! Way cooler than my 7 Eleven Marvel Slurpee cups or even my Looney Tunes Welch's Jelly Jar glasses....
   How extensive is your slurpee cup collection? Do you have the mobiles/posters/checklists Etc.?  I also collect convenient store character cups and merch.

Matt.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »
Speaking of Bugs and company, and getting off-topic for just a minute, do you remember the Hardee's Looney Tunes drinking glasses from either the 1960s or the 1970s (I don't know which)? I do, but I only remember seeing the TV commercial, which started like this:

"Hello, Bugsy! Well, hello, Porky! You're at Hardee's and you brought your friends along!"

then had the usual advertisement for the glasses and ended like this:

"Speedy's the taste that brings me back! Oh, Tweety's the taste that brings me back! Hardee's: the taste that brings us back again!"

The beginning and ending lines were sung to the tune of "Hello, Dolly!", in case you're wondering.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 01:12:46 PM by mikecho »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 01:09:12 PM »
The only ones I had were the plastic Marvel Slurpee cups, which seem to have been pitched during one of my recent moves. Ditto for the glass Welch's grape jelly glasses with Looney Tunes on them. It's amazing how stuff looks like junk to someone who didn't spend the time collecting it......

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »
Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in Barber of Seville is pretty much the peak of Western Civilization...

Offline mikecho

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 01:19:45 PM »
Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in Barber of Seville is pretty much the peak of Western Civilization...
That's "Rabbit of Seville", btw.

And don't forget the other two peaks in this particular mountain range, "Duck Amuck" and "What's Opera, Doc?" (you could probably add "Rabbit Rampage" if you wanted to (I would, at least, for the sake of completion in this case)).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 12:05:21 PM by mikecho »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 11:03:43 AM »
I'm partial to the beach towels. That's the only type of towel I bring to the beach these days.

Offline quas

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »
I'm partial to the beach towels. That's the only type of towel I bring to the beach these days.

I think a Sunsweat beach towel would be appropriate.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 11:39:10 AM »

I would have killed for one of the original beach towels when I was a kid.  The recent towels are pretty cool, too.

I'm surprised that the beach balls and swim rings weren't available in LA in 1974, as Wackys were very popular there, and a lot of us had pools.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 11:41:39 AM by RawGoo »

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 04:53:32 AM »
    I had a Plastered Peanuts beach towel up until 10 years ago, I believe a friend at the time had barrowed it when we would go to the pool. It sucks thinking about that.

Matt.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 05:58:43 AM »
    I had a Plastered Peanuts beach towel up until 10 years ago, I believe a friend at the time had barrowed it when we would go to the pool. It sucks thinking about that.

Matt.

OUCH!!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:51 AM »
I'm giving a thumbs down to friends who don't return things...

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2021, 11:12:13 AM »
I'm giving a thumbs down to friends who don't return things...
   I hear you Jail-o-John, I hate it when I ask a question and it gets over looked and ignored. Just be careful that you are not doing that yourself. You would not like that rep.
     P.S. Do you have any 7 Eleven or other convenient store merch besides what you had in cups?
     Matt.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:16:31 AM by faustxxx »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »
No sir, wife, brother and movers have pitched all of that good stuff, thinking it was “junk.”

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »
By far my coolest item is series 1 display box because that is where it all started for me.  I have many other cool/rare items but they have less nostalgic feeling since I never saw them as a kid.

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/Boxes/box-series1.JPG
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/