Author Topic: Wacky Packages, eBay and Canada  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Adrian

• If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong
Wacky Packages, eBay and Canada
« on: August 05, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
So I found someone selling something I want, which is a Wacky Packages Dealer sheet. It’s literally 1 sheet of paper. Does anyone have any idea why the shipping is so outrageous for one sheet of paper? Is this an eBay thing? Or is this person just trying to rip me off. The reason I ask - is it’s not obvious but shipping to Canada seems to always be expensive for most things on eBay so not sure if it’s something automated through their Global System. When I asked the seller about this, the response was a shrug. So not very helpful. Obviously I won’t be buying from them, but was just curious.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:23:00 PM by Adrian »

Offline Swiski

Re: Wacky Packages, eBay and Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 07:41:53 AM »
Too bad you can't find a PDF of this online. Then you can print your own absolutely free

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 10:02:43 AM »
So I found someone selling something I want, which is a Wacky Packages Dealer sheet. It’s literally 1 sheet of paper. Does anyone have any idea why the shipping is so outrageous for one sheet of paper? Is this an eBay thing? Or is this person just trying to rip me off. The reason I ask - is it’s not obvious but shipping to Canada seems to always be expensive for most things on eBay so not sure if it’s something automated through their Global System. When I asked the seller about this, the response was a shrug. So not very helpful. Obviously I won’t be buying from them, but was just curious.

I don’t know why, but you are right: The postage is outrageous.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 10:34:37 AM »
I thought about bidding on a couple of comic books on e-bay, did not do so because postage was $15-20 for one comic book. In U.S., its about $4-5, going regular old Snail Mail....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 10:48:57 AM »
I thought about bidding on a couple of comic books on e-bay, did not do so because postage was $15-20 for one comic book. In U.S., its about $4-5, going regular old Snail Mail....

They are probably using ebay's Global Shipping Program, which is crazy expensive.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 12:21:06 PM »
They are probably using ebay's Global Shipping Program, which is crazy expensive.
Could be GSP. GSP is the default setting for International Shipping and the seller has to deselect the option, and enter additional information to set it up otherwise. GSP easily adds $10-15.
Plus, for some reason, shipping with Canada is already crazy expensive just for a basic package (>$25)

Offline Adrian

• If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 02:39:08 PM »
Too bad you can't find a PDF of this online. Then you can print your own absolutely free

Absolutely, I was giving an extreme example. I run into for one single wacky package like all the time.

Thanks to Ragoo
Could be GSP. GSP is the default setting for International Shipping and the seller has to deselect the option, and enter additional information to set it up otherwise. GSP easily adds $10-15.
Plus, for some reason, shipping with Canada is already crazy expensive just for a basic package (>$25)

Must be GSP. I don’t sell on ebay so that must be it. With those prices, you’d think they were sending it across the planet
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:41:10 PM by Adrian »