Author Topic: Collecting Empty Cardboard Cases?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Adrian

• If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong
Collecting Empty Cardboard Cases?
« on: August 08, 2021, 03:51:33 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was curious and certainly not judging anyone  - because we all collect what we love - but I don’t understand the collecting of cardboard case boxes. I’ve seen a couple of these on eBay and I was kind of curious at those prices what exactly is the purpose of collecting these cardboard boxes - I mean the more modern ones. I get ones from the 1960s. I also understand collecting the wax pack boxes that have artwork but I just don’t understand the cardboard box for “modern” stuff. I am honestly trying to understand it and would love to hear from someone collecting it to understand better if I missing something - or if anyone has insight.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:53:11 PM by Adrian »

Offline bigtomi

Re: Collecting Empty Cardboard Cases?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 04:02:59 PM »
I don’t personally collect these, but if I had to venture a guess, it would be to obtain another piece of the Wacky puzzle (not literally). Some collectors like to have an example of everything and a shipping case is also fairly uncommon, hence cool to own.

Offline Adrian

• If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 04:12:04 PM »
I don’t personally collect these, but if I had to venture a guess, it would be to obtain another piece of the Wacky puzzle (not literally). Some collectors like to have an example of everything and a shipping case is also fairly uncommon, hence cool to own.

Not sure the 1991 ones are that scarce, but I see your point for older ones - and for the completionist

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 12:30:51 AM »
I had the 10th series shipping case years ago (which I think was literally the only known case box at the time), so it was exciting then.  But they're terribly ugly and bulky compared to the nice nostalgic display boxes.  If there were tons of shipping cases available for every series, I'd never in a million years collect them.  But to have the only one was fun for a while.  No idea where that ended up.  Jeff's?

anything