Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63464 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #630 on: June 07, 2023, 08:32:11 PM »
welcome to the mini series that just won't end....

Good lord!  I wonder if SI simply had too many of these Minis sitting around the storehouse somewhere or there actually is a demand for them.  Sounds like Family Dollar is at least charging a buck less per cup.  I don't think we have too many of those around Madison, WI, where I live, but I may pick up a couple cups for the heck of it if I find them.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #631 on: June 07, 2023, 08:36:27 PM »
I don't think they were sitting around sealed with those logos preprinted. Kind of a weird situation. Just why now? Isn't 4 about to be released?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #632 on: June 08, 2023, 07:09:31 AM »
I don't think they were sitting around sealed with those logos preprinted. Kind of a weird situation. Just why now? Isn't 4 about to be released?

Right, it doesn't make sense that they would have been sitting around (at least not in cups; maybe it's possible they had a bunch of loose ones, but who knows).  Definitely a weird situation.  I wonder if the presence of these series 3 minis is why series 4 was originally "scheduled" (speculated?) to be on sale by now and why it's been pushed back to some future undisclosed date.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #633 on: June 08, 2023, 07:13:45 AM »
It will be interesting to see if there are any new variants in this Family Dollar wave, similar to the Commie Cleanser, which I believe was only found at CVS and Meijer stores. Meijer is how I found my Commie Cleanser mini and sticker!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2023, 03:24:18 PM »
It will be interesting to see if there are any new variants in this Family Dollar wave
Don't know about this, but I went to my local Family Dollar and found a 6-pack box of cups there...so, bought them all for fun. Didn't find any new variants that I noticed, but in those 6 cups, I got 4 rares (Black Libby's, Blue Pupsi, Red STD and Red 6-Urp, if I remember right). Just thought the odds there was a tad high...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #635 on: June 11, 2023, 05:01:55 PM »
Don't know about this, but I went to my local Family Dollar and found a 6-pack box of cups there...so, bought them all for fun. Didn't find any new variants that I noticed, but in those 6 cups, I got 4 rares (Black Libby's, Blue Pupsi, Red STD and Red 6-Urp, if I remember right). Just thought the odds there was a tad high...
those odds are just right.
the cups and box arrangements have been identical for Walmart and CVS and now for Family Dollar
A tray of 6 cups will get you three of the red/green rare pieces
The black Really Rare are 1 per 12 cups (two trays).
You did well getting the black Libby's!!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #636 on: June 11, 2023, 07:27:11 PM »

I wonder if those six cups got switched around a bit.  I took some pretty accurate notes and I don't recall a "six pack" with those exact titles showing (even with one of the cups showing a sticker and not a mini).  But the three red/blue rares and the 50% chance of getting a black really rare one fits with what I was finding.

Were the cups $5?

I went to the one Family Dollar in my city and didn't see any cups.  Was curious to see what was there and pick up a few just for the sake of it, but may check back in a week.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2023, 07:34:46 AM »
Were the cups $5?
Yes, they were $5 per cup. They were with the Toys, fairly hidden on a bottom shelf.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #638 on: July 18, 2023, 07:03:51 AM »
I saw this on Ebay, didn't see them available on Amazon.
Any idea where these might be available?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 07:05:41 AM by Liptorn »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #639 on: July 18, 2023, 07:28:57 AM »

Good lord!  Don't tell me this is a new kind of packaging for series 3?  I don't recall seeing these anywhere, but it's so hard to follow Super Impulse that I forget what is what.  I'm curious, though, if anyone buys these if they reveal anything new or different than what we've seen before.

• Administrator
« Reply #640 on: July 18, 2023, 07:30:20 AM »
Seems like those would show up on Amazon eventually?

I can only imagine how crushed the larger S3 stickers are in those small slots!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #641 on: July 18, 2023, 08:39:34 AM »
Seems like those would show up on Amazon eventually?

I can only imagine how crushed the larger S3 stickers are in those small slots!

Have those multi-packs shown up anywhere, Amazon or otherwise, before?  I don't recall them, but it is hard to keep the various series and waves straight.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #642 on: July 18, 2023, 08:44:22 AM »
Seems like a great opportunity for crushed sticker collectors.........

• Administrator
« Reply #643 on: July 18, 2023, 08:48:05 AM »
Have those multi-packs shown up anywhere, Amazon or otherwise, before?  I don't recall them, but it is hard to keep the various series and waves straight.
These are new for Series 3.
Seemed inevitable that they’d show up after SI had similar multi packs for both S1 and S2.
Surprising how long it’s taken for them to be released.

I’ll update the Master List to show a Wave 5.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #644 on: July 18, 2023, 08:50:02 AM »
The seller said he got 2 packs in a grouping he bought.
Not exactly a helpful lead on where they might be distributed.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #645 on: July 18, 2023, 09:47:24 AM »
Heaven help us if the stickers are different!   >( >(

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #646 on: July 18, 2023, 09:51:54 AM »
Heaven help us if the stickers are different!   >( >(

It won't matter to me if they are, I can't get excited about collecting creased and crumbled up new stickers. Lol

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #647 on: July 18, 2023, 12:21:10 PM »
It won't matter to me if they are, I can't get excited about collecting creased and crumbled up new stickers. Lol

I doubt it will matter to me anymore, either, but I am curious!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #648 on: July 18, 2023, 04:14:15 PM »
Still looking for 9 S2 Darks if anyone has any. My want list is posted. Tons of traders.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #649 on: July 18, 2023, 04:57:45 PM »
Still looking for 9 S2 Darks if anyone has any. My want list is posted. Tons of traders.
Do you need Scrapple? I've got one that's a little off-center to the right. I've also got five Series 2 minis: three Old Skool ones- Dr. Ono, Eviltime and Ultra Blight - and two New Skool ones - Nuttin' Butta... and Clodlike - if you need them.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2023, 02:42:12 AM »
Do you need Scrapple? I've got one that's a little off-center to the right. I've also got five Series 2 minis: three Old Skool ones- Dr. Ono, Eviltime and Ultra Blight - and two New Skool ones - Nuttin' Butta... and Clodlike - if you need them.

This is my S2 Dark Want list: Thanks for the message ; but I am good on those titles.
Unlucky Charms,   ,   Gripe-Nuts,  Freetoes, Top Secret, Chef Girlardee, Commie,
   Dims,    Chokin of the Sea,  Sweat Hard,

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2023, 04:56:03 AM »
Series 4 damn well better not be series 3 repackaged. They are probably trying to squeeze every last dime out if Series 3 before their massive fraudulent Series 4 rollout…

anything