Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63572 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #595 on: April 05, 2022, 03:11:06 PM »
Many Walmart stores have gone to nearly all self checkouts.
The Wackys are meant for the checkout lanes because if they are put in any other part of the store, they will be opened as I am seeing more of that at Targets.
I think a small percentage of Walmarts will carry Wackys, it doesn't make sense to make a production run for a store and it only be available in a small percentage of its stores.

I have only seen Series 3 at one Walmart so far.  The issue is there are no new mini's exclusive to the WalMart Cups other than the Blue Chase Mini's. Series 2 had exclusive regular mini's.  Who wants to buy a bunch of cups with all base repeats just to try to score a Chase?  Not many people. You are better off buying the chase on Ebay once they get cheaper IMO.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #596 on: April 06, 2022, 07:17:16 AM »
Agreed. Dr. Popper has come down from almost $100 to about $25-30. Canada Dry Fink remains ridiculously high.....I am NOT paying $100 for 50 cents worth of plastic. Wasn't that what Gilligan said? "I'm not gonna dress up like a girl, and you can't make me! You can't make me! You can't make me!" (Cut to scene of Gilligan dressed up like a girl.)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #597 on: April 07, 2022, 07:03:28 AM »
Trying to get the list of walmart toppers for series 3 to be able to score the chase minis.  I will post if I get the intel.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #598 on: April 07, 2022, 07:59:19 AM »
Trying to get the list of walmart toppers for series 3 to be able to score the chase minis.  I will post if I get the intel.

Thanks!  I'm also curious if the toppers tend to be the same as the ones at Target or different.  At this point, though, I'd just be happy to find some cups at Walmart in the first place.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #599 on: April 07, 2022, 08:09:19 PM »
Thanks!  I'm also curious if the toppers tend to be the same as the ones at Target or different.  At this point, though, I'd just be happy to find some cups at Walmart in the first place.

A friend of mine on FB has mentioned he has seen some with blue colored lids at top. Has anyone on here seen any?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2022, 01:15:46 AM »

All six of the Rare chases come in blue at Walmart including Pupsi........   :)

A friend of mine on FB has mentioned he has seen some with blue colored lids at top. Has anyone on here seen any?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2022, 09:34:48 PM »
I went on a 3 1/2 hour road trip today to visit my brother and had some interesting fines. I stopped at two Walmarts in southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois. Of the 8 cups I bought, six of them had rares inside. One had both a red and a blue STP (Ale was the topper).  I stopped at two Walmarts in central Illinois and neither had series 3 cups (only a fair number of series 2 cups).  I hope to hit a couple more on my return home Sunday. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2022, 03:46:14 AM »
I went on a 3 1/2 hour road trip today to visit my brother and had some interesting fines. 

Speeding?   DWI?    DWW?  (Driving While Wacky)     :]

One had both a red and a blue STP (Ale was the topper). 

Very interesting!   Thanks for the info.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2022, 04:10:11 AM »
I went on a 3 1/2 hour road trip today to visit my brother and had some interesting fines. I stopped at two Walmarts in southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois. Of the 8 cups I bought, six of them had rares inside. One had both a red and a blue STP (Ale was the topper).  I stopped at two Walmarts in central Illinois and neither had series 3 cups (only a fair number of series 2 cups).  I hope to hit a couple more on my return home Sunday. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Great odds!!  Out of curiosity, what was the sticker in the cup with Ale?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2022, 05:00:07 AM »

Any of those cups from Milwaukee? I haven't seen any yet. Just want to know where NOT to go.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2022, 05:14:54 AM »
Great odds!!  Out of curiosity, what was the sticker in the cup with Ale?
Interestingly, the sticker in the cup with ale was not ale. I don’t recall what it was. I’ve heard Ale is a tough sticker and, luckily, I actually got an Ale sticker in a different cup, but I don’t remember what the topper was.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2022, 05:16:42 AM »
Any of those cups from Milwaukee? I haven't seen any yet. Just want to know where NOT to go.
None were in Milwaukee. They were in a Beloit and Rockford Illinois. I am heading to new Berlin next Saturday, and may take a look at some of the stores between Madison and new Berlin then. I’m also driving down to Chicago on Friday, so I guess I’ll have more opportunities to hit some stores. I really need to watch this obsession >( >(

Offline Swiski

« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2022, 05:22:25 AM »
None were in Milwaukee. They were in a Beloit and Rockford Illinois. I am heading to new Berlin next Saturday, and may take a look at some of the stores between Madison and new Berlin then. I’m also driving down to Chicago on Friday, so I guess I’ll have more opportunities to hit some stores. I really need to watch this obsession >( >(

Thx! I'm not a completist on these. Just want 1 or 2 blue sparkle rares in the collection.
I haven't seen any more fuggedaboutit ultra rare StarKists on eBay, but that one is far from my reach anyways.
Just curious who was able to get one here so far.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »
I haven't seen any more fuggedaboutit ultra rare StarKists on eBay, but that one is far from my reach anyways.
You mean BarKist?    Sorry, Charlie.   :P

guess I'm channeling mike today...

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #609 on: April 19, 2022, 04:00:04 AM »
I was on the road Easter Monday and stopped by a Walmart in Siler City, NC.   No Series 3, and the aisles were sparse with Series 2, and one aisle even had Series 1 cups.   I bought one Minute Mud and one Ebayer topper for posterity.    8)
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #610 on: April 19, 2022, 03:55:01 PM »
I bought a Dull red sparkle mini on Fleabay. It shipped Thursday from Pottstown, PA and so far in 5.5 days (one was Easter) it has gone to Philadelphia and Lancaster. Great job, USPS! At this rate i will have it by Christmas! Fleabay claims it will arrive in Illinois tomorrow…..maybe Lancaster has a teleporter….

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #611 on: April 20, 2022, 02:36:57 AM »
I bought a Dull red sparkle mini on Fleabay. It shipped Thursday from Pottstown, PA and so far in 5.5 days (one was Easter) it has gone to Philadelphia and Lancaster. Great job, USPS! At this rate i will have it by Christmas! Fleabay claims it will arrive in Illinois tomorrow…..maybe Lancaster has a teleporter….
    John, I am still waiting for you on the series 1&2 minis you posted here that you need. Still want them?

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #612 on: April 20, 2022, 07:17:49 AM »
Sorry, i have SO much going on these days i forgot.  I think I do still need them, but for some reason my kid is only interested in collecting and displaying series 3 minis. Dull is our last one. If you have extras of the series 1 and 2 titles i need, i have a bit if cash i can spare. Which of my want titles donyou have? Ill check my messages and send you a PM…

Offline Swiski

« Reply #613 on: April 21, 2022, 03:16:43 PM »
I posted in the trading forum that I need a red sparkle Dull pineapple.

I have several blue sparkle rares to trade, and I'm willing to do a 2 for 1 trade.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2022, 08:53:59 PM »
I made a Frankenbox of the three Minis series by putting cups with my favorite titles from the three series showing and mixing up the various parts of the boxes.  Obviously, I have too much time on my hands, but I thought some might enjoy seeing it :)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #615 on: August 14, 2022, 07:07:56 PM »

Not sure if this will show up very well, but I just put up a second shelf for my series 3 minis (as well as a handful of series 1 and 2 for which I didn't have room on my first shelf).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2022, 04:26:36 PM »

Not sure if this will show up very well, but I just put up a second shelf for my series 3 minis (as well as a handful of series 1 and 2 for which I didn't have room on my first shelf).

That looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2022, 05:01:06 PM »
amazing to see them all lined up like that.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
Thanks, guys!  Yeah, I hate to have stuff all stashed in a closet (though I have plenty of that).  But this was a cheap and effective way to get almost every mini displayed.  I can put up one more shelf, should we get another series, before running out of room.

• Administrator
« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2023, 06:22:02 PM »
Time to resurrect this thread for some BIG news....    ;D

Series 3 has been released to CVS  - making this Wave 3 for this set.

Most important news up front - and it's GOOD news - Wave 3 is IDENTICAL to the Walmart Wave 2 release

the minis are the same
the stickers are the same
the cup packing arrangement is the same as Walmart cups
the tray arrangement is the same as the Walmart trays
the Rare and Really Rare chase pieces are the same three colors as Walmart chase pieces (red & blue and black)
the checklist is the same

only thing I can find that's different is the cup wrapper, and the individual piece wrapper. It's only a small difference, but for those completists, it's something.
and also the CVS box is slightly different, and no longer has the price depicted

here's a pic of the cups from all three Waves for comparison

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2023, 07:39:51 PM »
Time to resurrect this thread for some BIG news....    ;D

Series 3 has been released to CVS  - making this Wave 3 for this set.

Wow, this seems like it is being released super far after the party is over.  Maybe it'll bring in a few new collectors.  But sure seems strange to me.

• Administrator
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2023, 08:12:05 PM »
Wow, this seems like it is being released super far after the party is over.  Maybe it'll bring in a few new collectors.  But sure seems strange to me.
well, that CVS release of Series 2 last summer was more than a year after prior release. But it did have a bunch of the really hard to find 'common's in it and also the Red Stain Commie, so they were worth chasing and buying
And the dark version stickers, for those that collected that difference

with this S3 CVS having no difference from the prior release, I just don't see any demand for them

• Administrator
« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2023, 03:16:32 PM »
I made a post in another thread about total sticker count for all the mini sets, including the variations for Series 1, 2 and Series 3.

I now realize I never actually made the post about my discovery of the Series 3 sticker variations.
Guess I was distracted with all the excitement over the 2023 ANS set!

I found that there are 12 stickers in the Target Wave 1 release that do not have the copyright line with the image.
And that all 12 of those stickers got corrected in the Walmart Wave 2 release, and had the copyright added with the image.
(CVS Wave 3 is identical to Wave 2, and has all 12 of the corrected stickers as well).
I think 12 is all of them, but it's possible I missed one.
The corrected ones all seem a bit deeper in color as well, for whatever reason

Interestingly, 11 of them got the expected 2021 copyright year, but Feetena got an oddball copyright year of 2020.
the twelve are
  • Bird Brain
  • Caged
  • Choke King
  • Dull Pineapple
  • Feetena
  • Milk Muds
  • Mold Power
  • Mountain Goo
  • Muler's Noodles
  • Sicken of the Sea
  • STD Oil
  • Stove Glop

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 03:19:58 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #623 on: May 04, 2023, 06:50:58 PM »
OMG Patrick,

AWESOME Catch and TY for sharing.

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #624 on: May 05, 2023, 03:37:30 AM »
I thought a year ago I was all in for having a complete sticker set. I now realize I am waaay short of ever doing that. Congrats to those who climbed that mountain. It never ends....    :)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #625 on: May 06, 2023, 03:13:10 PM »
I was at Hot Topic today and saw some series 3 minis.  I don't recall if they had been found there before or not.  I did take a pic of the side of one of the cups.  Happy to post it here if this is a new thing (and I can recall how to figure out how to attach a pic as it's eluding me right now).

• Administrator
« Reply #626 on: May 06, 2023, 03:52:39 PM »
I was at Hot Topic today and saw some series 3 minis.  I don't recall if they had been found there before or not.  I did take a pic of the side of one of the cups.  Happy to post it here if this is a new thing (and I can recall how to figure out how to attach a pic as it's eluding me right now).
Does the cup match one of the three I posted above? if not, definitely post a pic for all to see.
you should be able to use the Add Image blue button 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #627 on: May 07, 2023, 12:17:15 PM »
Does the cup match one of the three I posted above? if not, definitely post a pic for all to see.
you should be able to use the Add Image blue button 

Thanks, Patrick!  Not sure how I didn't see that button, but easy as pie now.  Here's the image.  I'll see what, if anything, it matches.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #628 on: May 07, 2023, 12:21:11 PM »

Thanks, Patrick!  Not sure how I didn't see that button, but easy as pie now.  Here's the image.  I'll see what, if anything, it matches.

Looks to be the same as the Target one.  Not sure how long these were out at the store as I very rarely go there.  Guessing they've been sitting on the shelf for some time now.

• Administrator
« Reply #629 on: June 07, 2023, 07:23:04 PM »
welcome to the mini series that just won't end....

Wave 4 of the Series 3 minis has recently been released.

As with the other Waves, this one is specific to a chain store - this time Family Dollar. The Item # also reflects this:  5200FD

The company that distributes a lot of products to Family Dollar is Midwood Brands LLC

I mention that because they are making it very well known that they are involved.
Not only is their info added to the sides of the cups, but even worse -
it's been added to all the stickers!!!!

here's the UPCs of all four waves of cups. The Family Dollar cups are also easy to spot, as they all have a large $5 on one of the sides.