Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63488 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #560 on: March 18, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
Series 3 is stalled at retail. Every Target I visit has a box with one or two missing. Ebay has slowed down with very little new listings for Mini's or stickers. If these show up at WalMart now they will be DOA.

Andrew

I finally managed to hit a regular Target.  They had 5 Series 3 Wacky cups mixed in with GPK cups, in a GPK display case.  I picked up all 5, and was hoping that the cup with Ale on top might have my elusive Ale sticker.  No such luck.  But, apparently the rest of that case of Wacky cups sold.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #561 on: March 18, 2022, 09:16:36 AM »
I can report that my local Target has sold six cups, all to me, and not re-stocked with series 3. They put several series 2 cups in the series 3 display box, but they are not fooling me. Its super disappointing. Did i read the other threads correct, there were only 50 Barkists made?

Offline quas

« Reply #562 on: March 18, 2022, 09:51:52 AM »
I can report that my local Target has sold six cups, all to me, and not re-stocked with series 3. They put several series 2 cups in the series 3 display box, but they are not fooling me. Its super disappointing. Did i read the other threads correct, there were only 50 Barkists made?

That actually sounds high, given that at least on the Forum we only heard of 2 or 3 gold Windhexes turning up.  Of course realizing that there are plenty of non-Forum buyers, but still...
Marc

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2022, 03:22:04 PM »
Now we have Blue Sparkle rares.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #564 on: March 22, 2022, 03:25:37 PM »
Now we have Blue Sparkle rares.

Well, that's in interesting development.  Do you know the origin of this one?  A Walmart cup perhaps?

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2022, 03:37:27 PM »
No, I don't know.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2022, 04:35:45 PM »
I kinda expect when Si starts releasing the multi-packs, there will be something like this or other twists.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2022, 04:38:25 PM »
Well, that's in interesting development.  Do you know the origin of this one?  A Walmart cup perhaps?
   The seller just informed me it was found in Walmart.

Matt.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #568 on: March 22, 2022, 06:32:25 PM »

Matt.

Oh goody.   Target red sparkles and Walmart blue sparkles.   Guess what SI?   Ain't biting.   Happy with any one title, red or blue.   Just when we thought you might be changing your spots....
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #569 on: March 22, 2022, 07:10:55 PM »

Matt.

OK....so Walmarts are carrying these now! Surprised nobody here reported it first. Wonder what other surprises await us in those cups.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2022, 07:13:32 PM »
OK....so Walmarts are carrying these now! Surprised nobody here reported it first. Wonder what other surprises await us in those cups.

Not that it means much, but I was in my local Walmart last night and looked.  They had a small amount of series 2 left, but no series 3 in sight.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #571 on: March 23, 2022, 01:50:06 AM »
At least with the red sparkles in series 1 you knew there was one in each mulitpack. Having to buy a ton of cups at WM when you already have all the base minis is a no go for most people. I do like the way the light blue rare minis look, but won't be chasing them in WM.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2022, 03:52:16 AM »
Oh goody.   Target red sparkles and Walmart blue sparkles.   Guess what SI?   Ain't biting.   Happy with any one title, red or blue.   Just when we thought you might be changing your spots....

Well, they gave us all the titles and stickers in the Target cases, and people here noted that interest and sales were lagging, and product was sitting on Target shelves.  Also noted was that ebay listings seemed scarce.  I can't blame them for wanting to keep sales brisk for both major buyers.  I wonder if the Walmart checklists show the "rares" as blue sparkles, and whether the "really rares" from Walmart are black?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2022, 04:50:51 AM »
Now if SI was smart, they should have made variant stickers as well, depending on the store. Naturally Target would be red, and Walmart would be blue. Maybe a third color for other online retailers. I know this would drive you completists nuts! (photoshopped image below)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 05:02:34 AM by Swiski »

« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2022, 06:28:27 AM »
Well, they gave us all the titles and stickers in the Target cases, and people here noted that interest and sales were lagging, and product was sitting on Target shelves.  Also noted was that ebay listings seemed scarce.  I can't blame them for wanting to keep sales brisk for both major buyers.  I wonder if the Walmart checklists show the "rares" as blue sparkles, and whether the "really rares" from Walmart are black?

The Bar-kist mini on the checklist is blue sparkle. So maybe that will be the really fuggetaboutit.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »
The Bar-kist mini on the checklist is blue sparkle.

Is that the only change on the checklists? 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »

I picked up 3 cups in a Walmart today. (These were only my 7th - 9th cups purchased)  No rares. The checklist just states "Sparkle" next to the rares so that it works for red or blue.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #577 on: March 23, 2022, 11:30:12 AM »
I picked up 3 cups in a Walmart today. (These were only my 7th - 9th cups purchased)  No rares. The checklist just states "Sparkle" next to the rares so that it works for red or blue.

I went to a Walmart today and had no luck.  I wonder if the distribution of minis will be any different in the Walmart cups.  I've not come across many Grazin' Brans, for example, and I wonder if they will be in any greater supply.  I'd also like to find a cup with Grazin' Bran on top, but I don't think I've seen or heard of one yet.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2022, 12:21:13 PM »
Is the Walmart distribution the same as previously - boxes of 6 in the checkout lanes?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
I went to a Walmart today and had no luck.  I wonder if the distribution of minis will be any different in the Walmart cups.  I've not come across many Grazin' Brans, for example, and I wonder if they will be in any greater supply.  I'd also like to find a cup with Grazin' Bran on top, but I don't think I've seen or heard of one yet.

LMK when you see these in your area of Wisconsin! I checked today as well in Milwaukee....no luck. Still beat up old trays of Series 1 and 2.

Is there a way to locate which stores have these by SKU? The tag I had them scan was for the old ones?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #580 on: March 23, 2022, 11:13:42 PM »
Is the Walmart distribution the same as previously - boxes of 6 in the checkout lanes?

Yes. I hit one yesterday which had received about 10 six cup cases.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #581 on: March 24, 2022, 08:35:52 AM »
Yes. I hit one yesterday which had received about 10 six cup cases.

May I ask what part of the country do you live? Just want some sort of way to know if these are hitting close to where I live in the Midwest.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2022, 05:15:49 PM »
NJ/Eastern PA.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2022, 08:20:03 PM »
No series 3 minis in several wal marts in iowa or Illinois …

Offline KarlHungus

« Reply #584 on: March 27, 2022, 07:44:24 AM »
Pulled a Black Fibbys today - the topper was Sludge Brick Mix

Offline Swiski

« Reply #585 on: March 30, 2022, 05:20:44 AM »
Still no Series 3 cups in Wisconsin. Maybe this week? Reports are spotty right now.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #586 on: March 30, 2022, 06:53:35 AM »
Still no Series 3 cups in Wisconsin. Maybe this week? Reports are spotty right now.
   I am starting to believe Target stores were either not given a case or they had been limited to just one per store. I started looking at Walmarts when the blue versions arrived on feeBay and all 4 stores I check still nothing.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #587 on: March 30, 2022, 06:55:11 AM »
   I am starting to believe Target stores were either not given a case or they had been limited to just one per store. I started looking at Walmarts when the blue versions arrived on feeBay and all 4 stores I check still nothing.

Interesting you say that about Target.  Since they've started to show up there, I don't think I've found a Target without a case.  And some seem to be on at least their second case.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #588 on: March 30, 2022, 08:21:13 AM »
Interesting you say that about Target.  Since they've started to show up there, I don't think I've found a Target without a case.  And some seem to be on at least their second case.
   Papillion, Nebraska area just outside of Omaha.  Where are you at seeing these?

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2022, 09:44:33 AM »
Davenport, Iowa Target has one case, i bought most of it, the ones i didnt buy are still sitting there…2 Wal Marts in Davenport have not put out any series 3..

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #590 on: March 30, 2022, 12:02:13 PM »
   Papillion, Nebraska area just outside of Omaha.  Where are you at seeing these?
Mostly southern Wisconsin and a little bit northern Illinois.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #591 on: April 04, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »
We're going on 3 weeks now, and only North Carolina got the Series 3 cups at Walmart?!

Can someone show me the barcode on one of the Walmart cups so I can have them scan it for inventory? I've been giving them an older cup to scan.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #592 on: April 04, 2022, 10:44:12 AM »
We're going on 3 weeks now, and only North Carolina got the Series 3 cups at Walmart?!

Can someone show me the barcode on one of the Walmart cups so I can have them scan it for inventory? I've been giving them an older cup to scan.

For what little it's worth, I stopped at a Walmart in southern MN yesterday while on a trip there and saw no series 3 cups (just a handful of series 2).  It sure does seem strange that some places are getting them so much sooner than (almost all) others.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #593 on: April 04, 2022, 12:49:08 PM »
Im not a marketing officer, bit it seems their distribution model is designed to MINIMIZE profits. Topps had it right back in the day with Wackys..flood the market, cause a frenzy, strike while the iron is hot…and sell a boatload of product…That is, of course, an oversimplification…they were also trying to stay ahead of the lawsuits…but they distributed the crap out Wackys for a few years…

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #594 on: April 04, 2022, 02:09:10 PM »
Many Walmart stores have gone to nearly all self checkouts.
The Wackys are meant for the checkout lanes because if they are put in any other part of the store, they will be opened as I am seeing more of that at Targets.
I think a small percentage of Walmarts will carry Wackys, it doesn't make sense to make a production run for a store and it only be available in a small percentage of its stores.