Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63457 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2022, 04:56:14 AM »
So…it sounds like the frequency is about 2 rares and 1 really rare per 24-cup case….Boy they are making it hard (expensive) to complete a set even without the impossible, excuse me Fugggeddaboutit title. Is anyone besides me wondering why they made such a pedestrian title the Fuggefdaboitit?

« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2022, 05:28:40 AM »
So…it sounds like the frequency is about 2 rares and 1 really rare per 24-cup case….Boy they are making it hard (expensive) to complete a set even without the impossible, excuse me Fugggeddaboutit title. Is anyone besides me wondering why they made such a pedestrian title the Fuggefdaboitit?

I bought 5 cases and only got 2 really rare minis. Three cases had only the red rare minis.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2022, 05:32:28 AM »
Is anyone besides me wondering why they made such a pedestrian title the Fuggefdaboitit?
I’m glad it’s such a mediocre title, as I already don’t care about not having it.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2022, 05:50:06 AM »

One of my Target 16-count cup had two red sparkle rares - 6-up and Dull - and 1 really rare black Fibby's Juice

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2022, 06:35:18 AM »
One of my Target 16-count cup had two red sparkle rares - 6-up and Dull - and 1 really rare black Fibby's Juice

Congrats, that's awesome!!!  What was the topper, and could you tell the original position (level, front/back)?

Offline studio805

« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2022, 08:48:41 AM »
I too indulged in buying a few packs from Target in hopes that the knowledge from the cases bought ahead of retail distribution would prove to be a success in finding rares, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. I must say that even know there are some issues with the sizes, shapes, and over printing of the Puny's, I am pretty happy with the distribution so far. If we remember, the last Series 2 required buying from different locations, different size packages just to finish the commons. I think in order for the "rares" and "really rares" to keep their value, there can't be easy finds with patterns all the time. Just my thoughts.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2022, 12:26:34 PM »
I purchased 1 Cup from a case at Target with 14 out of 16 cups left. I purchased the one with Liptorn Topper due to intel here and pulled a Black Topped Baked Bears from it.  I felt Rob's (Baked Bears) spirit when that happened. He would have been so happy to have that experience.

Andrew

Offline studio805

« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2022, 12:29:38 PM »
I purchased 1 Cup from a case at Target with 14 out of 16 cups left. I purchased the one with Liptorn Topper due to intel here and pulled a Black Topped Baked Bears from it.  I felt Rob's (Baked Bears) spirit when that happened. He would have been so happy to have that experience.

Andrew

That's awesome! Congrats!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2022, 02:41:06 PM »
Congrats, that's awesome!!!  What was the topper, and could you tell the original position (level, front/back)?

Sorry...I wish I remembered! I used self checkout and put them in the bag, not remembering cup position, level, etc.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »
I'm so very close to completing a common set of the new Wacky Packages Minis Series 3 after buying two boxes from Target.

I need these, if anyone has them for sale:

Choke Up
Heavy Trash Bags
Lox

Please PM me if you have extras with price. I also posted this in the Want-To-Buy thread. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 02:44:15 PM by Swiski »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2022, 05:22:40 PM »
Heres a dirty trick…since Swiski needs a few commons, i went to target to see if they restocked the series 3 minis i bought Over the weekend…..they did…with Series 2 minis… in a Series 3 display…
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:31:58 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline studio805

« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2022, 04:29:46 AM »
Here's a dirty trick…since Swiski needs a few commons, i went to target to see if they restocked the series 3 minis i bought Over the weekend…..they did…with Series 2 minis… in a Series 3 display…

Funny you should say that! I saw a very similar thing in my Target. But in mine, they put a fresh box of Series 2 on TOP of the Series 3 box and I must say that both packagings look VERY similar.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »
I'm so very close to completing a common set of the new Wacky Packages Minis Series 3 after buying two boxes from Target.

I need these, if anyone has them for sale:

Choke Up
Heavy Trash Bags
Lox

Please PM me if you have extras with price. I also posted this in the Want-To-Buy thread. Thanks!

So nobody has extras of these to sell? I only need these 3 more to complete my common set.
Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade because I either traded or gave away all my extras to kids.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2022, 02:47:57 PM »

Andrew

Buyer beware! This is NOT a guarantee you will get a rare with these toppers. I bought a few Liptorn and Hurtz from several Targets and got jack squat.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2022, 04:52:18 PM »
Buyer beware! This is NOT a guarantee you will get a rare with these toppers.

Who said it was a guarantee?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline studio805

« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2022, 05:06:48 PM »
Buyer beware! This is NOT a guarantee you will get a rare with these toppers. I bought a few Liptorn and Hurtz from several Targets and got jack squat.

If it was a guarantee, everyone would have the rares and really rares. There's just a chance. More than a random chance.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2022, 05:42:45 PM »
The Targets in Madison, WI got them recently.  There are five here and four had full or almost full 16 cup cases.  Interestingly, the one that had no series 3 had about five series 2 10-count multipacks.  At any rate, I bought 14 cups, mostly ones that people had reported finding the rares/really rares in.  Perhaps not surprisingly, I did better than would randomly be expected with 4 rares and 1 really rare title (Fibby's).  I think the cups that have the rare ones are dependent on which case configuration one finds.  For example, I did get a Mountain Goo in a cup with Breadcrust showing, but also got a couple Breadcrusts with no rares. 

Offline studio805

« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2022, 06:26:14 PM »
The Targets in Madison, WI got them recently.  There are five here and four had full or almost full 16 cup cases.  Interestingly, the one that had no series 3 had about five series 2 10-count multipacks.  At any rate, I bought 14 cups, mostly ones that people had reported finding the rares/really rares in.  Perhaps not surprisingly, I did better than would randomly be expected with 4 rares and 1 really rare title (Fibby's).  I think the cups that have the rare ones are dependent on which case configuration one finds.  For example, I did get a Mountain Goo in a cup with Breadcrust showing, but also got a couple Breadcrusts with no rares.

congrats on all the Rares! How awesome! Thanks for the tips... I keep seeing people saying "Breadcrust"... Are we talking about Mr. Bog?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »
congrats on all the Rares! How awesome! Thanks for the tips... I keep seeing people saying "Breadcrust"... Are we talking about Mr. Bog?

I don't think I've bought a cup with Mr Bog showing, at least not at Target.  I found the Fibby's in Muler's.  But I also bought a couple Muler's that had no rares, so it's a crapshoot, even if it's more in your odds than choosing a cup at random.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2022, 08:04:39 PM »
Not saying its s guarantee, but my notes indicate i pulled Hurtz Baked Bears from a Target Liptorn topper. My 6 Urp came from a Foolite Topper on the bottom level of my Rylee’s case…

Offline Swiski

« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2022, 09:16:18 PM »
Not saying its s guarantee, but my notes indicate i pulled Hurtz Baked Bears from a Target Liptorn topper. My 6 Urp came from a Foolite Topper on the bottom level of my Rylee’s case…

I think my 6-URP was from a Foolite as well. I'm not really going after a complete set of the rares. Just would be nice to get a Pupsi or Mountain Goo.

I think the aftermarket tanked on these rares. A week ago you could sell a red sparkle on eBay for $50. Now they aren't even moving at $25.

So it seems only our little group is buying and selling these things. They don't appeal to the mass audience as much.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2022, 09:20:12 PM »

Congrats! I'm done with these now after failed attempts at finding the rares I need. My original plan was just to buy a few cups, but it spiralled out of control a few hundred dollars later. LOL!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2022, 05:00:07 AM »
I did not know how much I would have to spend to get a set or how rare the rares would be. I have spent about $160 on a mail order case  and 6 cups at target. I am content to have a full set of the commons, still missing several rares. I will hold off on those until if/when the resale market cools down. If SI or Topps does a Series 4, i hope they do some more interesting shapes, since we are sick of square boxes of detergents….

Offline studio805

« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2022, 05:42:36 AM »
I don't think I've bought a cup with Mr Bog showing, at least not at Target.  I found the Fibby's in Muler's.  But I also bought a couple Muler's that had no rares, so it's a crapshoot, even if it's more in your odds than choosing a cup at random.

What what is the breadcrust everyone keeps talking about? I don't see that on the checklist.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2022, 06:14:15 AM »
What what is the breadcrust everyone keeps talking about? I don't see that on the checklist.

Look on the side with the 6 rare red sparkle titles, bottom row, third from the left.

Offline studio805

« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2022, 10:17:30 AM »
Look on the side with the 6 rare red sparkle titles, bottom row, third from the left.

Thanks! I guess I referred to that as Hash.

Offline studio805

« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2022, 10:18:27 AM »
I have an extra Rare DULL and Mountain Goo... Would love to trade these with a Dr. Popper RARE and Pupsi.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2022, 12:35:35 PM »
Hit a few targets today. 1 store had the 16 cups untouched. Purchased 3 cups. From a Sludge Topper cup I scored a Fibbys (Cup was in bottom level 3rd from right.. From a Breadcrust Topper on top level cup I scored a Mtn Goo. The Irish Ring Topper cup had another Irish Ring mini and no chase. All three Cups had the sticker that matched the Topper.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2022, 01:07:07 PM »
So which Target case configuration are people scoring these rares inside?!! Maybe describe which others were the toppers inside the box.
I bought several Breadcrusts, Liptorns and the others mentioned here from multiple trays, and not getting any of the rares. Would love a Pupsi or Goo.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2022, 03:21:41 PM »
Not sure what position the cups were in, but the six toppers i pulled from a target case were wheez-it )no rares) Dud (no rares) Harm and Hammer (no rares) Bald (no rares) duznt (no rares) and Liptorn (Baked Bears)…so nothing to brag about, but the Baked Bears and some commons i needed made it worth the purchase..

Offline Swiski

« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2022, 06:19:41 AM »
Not sure what position the cups were in, but the six toppers i pulled from a target case were wheez-it )no rares) Dud (no rares) Harm and Hammer (no rares) Bald (no rares) duznt (no rares) and Liptorn (Baked Bears)…so nothing to brag about, but the Baked Bears and some commons i needed made it worth the purchase..

I must have purchased 4 Liptorns from several Targets but no rares. Same with Breadcust Hash toppers. I did get another red sparkle 6-URP, which seems to be the more common soda mini. Really really hate that the red sparkles are the only way to get these sodas!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2022, 01:53:03 PM »
Yeah 6 Urp and STD seem to be the most common rares…so far…

Offline RAVinyls

« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2022, 05:54:52 PM »
I've spoken to my rep at SI and she said that they could possible compensate certain buyers,  with legitimate claims, but they need proof;  photos taken immediately and proof of purchase.

Any of you having/ finding an issue should email SI and report your findings. You never know....

Mystery Boxes/ Bags/ Cans, etc are just that so finding duplicate figures (within a display box) is normal but getting the same stickers in each pack is not. I doubt SI will change the packaging but report your dissatisfaction just in case.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2022, 07:19:28 PM »
So I drove by the 3rd nearest Target store to me today and had to check it out...score!   First time for me seeing series 3 in a store...the cardboard filler on the bottom two rows was indeed a strange sight to behold.

Picked 3 cups based on topper intel, and a fourth because it had Rice-A-Phoni which I needed.
The three intel toppers were:
Liptorn:  nothing special, but 3 commons on my need list
Breadcrust:   Mountain Goo!
Hurtz:   nothing special, but 1 common on my need list

All in all, I did get 7 commons I needed, so along with the Mountain Goo, a good score for 4 cups.   Only need 9 more commons for a complete set.

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »
The local Wal Mart put out two new full cases of minis….but they were series two…..I know itsxa different thread, but Are there any certain toppers that yielded rares from Series 2???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:46:50 AM by JailOJohn »