Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63539 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2022, 01:29:57 PM »
None of us can probably speak to this, bit i wonder what their procedures are for shipping these to retail stores. It appears Milwaukee is one of the few, if not only, city where these have actually hit the shelves at Target….

I live in Madison, WI, about 90 miles west of Milwaukee.  Two weeks ago, I saw the Excel guy at my local Target in the late morning.  He said Friday was his day to stock the stores (and he stocked all the Targets in the Madison area).  I went back today in the early afternoon expecting to find series 3 and nothing.  Possibly I was there too early today, but it seems very strange to me that Milwaukee would have it and just a short distance away there would be nothing.  I may hit another Target later today just to double check, but it would seem strange I would have to wait until next Friday before any showed up.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2022, 01:43:06 PM »
Ill keep checking my two local Targets, but i am not even sure they will get them at all…one of them has no card aisle at all any more and the other target has a tiny card aisle left….Sounds like a lot of it depends on the Excel distributor/merchandising person getting the merchandise onto the shelves…I am opening my mail order case two cups at a time, but i can only make it last a few more days…..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:51:33 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline studio805

« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2022, 02:08:28 PM »
I visited Target in Fort Lauderdale and they did in fact have some. Only the box of 16, but they had them!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2022, 03:31:54 PM »
I visited Target in Fort Lauderdale and they did in fact have some. Only the box of 16, but they had them!

That's so interesting that retail seems to be getting just the 16 cup cases.  Did you buy the case? 

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2022, 04:18:34 PM »
The glass door display cases are now on sale at Michaels. They are only $14.99 each, and free shipping for orders over $49.00. As many have posted here before, they make great display cases for the minis! The plastic cases I use to store my doubles are $9.99, and these cases in my opinion are so much nicer. If you have the wall space...

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-coin-display-case/10224309.html

Offline studio805

« Reply #425 on: February 18, 2022, 04:35:11 PM »
That's so interesting that retail seems to be getting just the 16 cup cases.  Did you buy the case?

It is weird. I didn't buy any actually.  I have the full common collection and all but two rares. Didn't want to spend any more money just for a chance for the Forget About It Rare.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #426 on: February 18, 2022, 06:24:37 PM »
I have the Black Commie Wacky.
    The red sparkle Commie is actually the tough one to find.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #427 on: February 18, 2022, 07:05:29 PM »

As you all know, another store I mentioned in a previous post to check out was 5 Below, 1 more to add to the list of checking out is FYE. These stores can be found in most malls. I saw 8 containers in 1 of them last week, but only bought 2 of them.

Offline studio805

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2022, 03:55:36 AM »

Yeah, it was a tough one for sure. I got that in a 15 pack I think.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2022, 07:18:12 AM »
Did anyone else pull a Valveeater? I did and was sorely disappointed. It is not a rectangle but a square shape, the graphic is therefore distorted..

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2022, 07:38:11 AM »
Did anyone else pull a Valveeater? I did and was sorely disappointed. It is not a rectangle but a square shape, the graphic is therefore distorted..

It seems like there is a much higher percentage of distorted package sizes this series than in the first two (in which it seemed like there were very few).

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2022, 08:35:47 AM »
It seems like there is a much higher percentage of distorted package sizes this series than in the first two (in which it seemed like there were very few).

Agreed.  I know I mentioned being really disappointed with Shrunken Donuts.  But, some seem just right, like Rice-a-Phoni

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2022, 10:10:58 AM »
I found a case at a Target in Davenport Iowa.,,It had the 16 cup configuration, with a cardboard insert blocking out the back two rows in the bottom. Also it had no insert sticking up out of the back of the box. I grabbed six cups that had different toppers from my Rylees box. Im getting close to a full set if the commons, but have only pulled one really rare, a Fibbys…im willing to trade commons….
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 11:41:40 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2022, 10:51:02 AM »
I found a case at a Target in Davenport Iowa.,,It had the 16 cup configuration, with a cardboard insert blocking out the back two rows in the bottom. Also it had no insert sticking up out of the back of the box. I grabbed six cups that had different toppers from my Rylees box. Im getting close to a full set if the commons, but have only pulled one really rate, a Fibbys…im willing to trade commons….

Some titles that I have noticed did not appear as toppers in my cases from Rylee's Attic were Hardly Wrap, Heavy Trash Bags, Ivery Soap, Ivy, Grazin' Bran and Lox.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2022, 11:31:53 AM »
I found a case at a Target in Davenport Iowa.,,It had the 16 cup configuration, with a cardboard insert blocking out the back two rows in the bottom. Also it had no insert sticking up out of the back of the box. I grabbed six cups that had different toppers from my Rylees box. Im getting close to a full set if the commons, but have only pulled one really rate, a Fibbys…im willing to trade commons….
Glad to hear they’re showing up in more places. I hope finding different toppers yields a variety of new titles. Do you recall what the topper was of the Fibby’s cup?

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »

Do both of the 16 cup and 24 cup cases have the same items in the clear display?
A

Offline studio805

« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »
Do both of the 16 cup and 24 cup cases have the same items in the clear display?
A

from what I've seen of both, yes.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2022, 11:43:00 AM »
I believe the topper on the fibbys was hurtz canary…

Offline studio805

« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2022, 11:46:03 AM »
I believe the topper on the fibbys was hurtz canary…

I got a FINK with the Hurtz as well. and just for the record, the Hurtz I bought at Target had nothing but commons inside.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2022, 11:49:41 AM »
Anyone else finding Fright Guard a hard to find common mini? I opened a case plus 6 cups from Target…i got every common BUT Fright Guard….My kid and I REALLy wanted a complete set, so i expertly pried the Fright Guard from behind the display plastic on my full case and replaced it with a Duds mini that i had a double of… My 9 year-old and I were high fiving when we opened the bag containing Fibbys and  Hurts Baked Bears. There is nothing like the joy of watching a kid open blind bags….

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: February 20, 2022, 12:22:51 PM »
Anyone else finding Fright Guard a hard to find common mini? I opened a case plus 6 cups from Target…i got every common BUT Fright Guard….My kid and I REALLy wanted a complete set, so i expertly pried the Fright Guard from behind the display plastic on my full case and replaced it with a Duds mini that i had a double of… My 9 year-old and I were high fiving when we opened the bag containing Fibbys and  Hurts Baked Bears. There is nothing like the joy of watching a kid open blind bags….

My first case had no Fright Guards in cups, but in other cases I found some in cups and even found one as a topper.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2022, 03:31:23 PM »
What are the rarest commons so far?

I bought two Target boxes (with different configurations) and got a red sparkle 6-Up from each box, but only one of these out of both boxes:

Creep
Grazin Bran
Martian Hats
Ivy
Bum Chex
Lova
Drainola
Dud
Hurtz

There may be a few others, but these caught my eye.

There were some commons I got quadruples of.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2022, 04:01:13 PM »
Did you get the display box from your Target boxes?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #443 on: February 20, 2022, 06:13:44 PM »
I got my display case from Michaels.  It is NOT the one mentioned above, it will not all fit.
You need the larger one,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline fbvikes

« Reply #444 on: February 20, 2022, 10:09:21 PM »
I got 5 buckets here in Petaluma, CA.   I was fortunate and got the Mountain Goo Chase.   One weird thing happened and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.    One of the buckets had the mini for Tied.  The series included Toad, but I got both Toad and Tied.  I checked the checklists and it was not there for series 1, 2 or 3.  I am thinking this may be really rare.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #445 on: February 20, 2022, 10:40:53 PM »
I got 5 buckets here in Petaluma, CA.   I was fortunate and got the Mountain Goo Chase.   One weird thing happened and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.    One of the buckets had the mini for Tied.  The series included Toad, but I got both Toad and Tied.  I checked the checklists and it was not there for series 1, 2 or 3.  I am thinking this may be really rare.

Errwhah?   Toad and Tied are both in series 3.  They are a knight's move apart on the checklist.   

Congrats on the Mtn Goo.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #446 on: February 20, 2022, 10:44:46 PM »

Tied and Toad are both on the checklist for series 3 I have.  Check on the side where Dull, Pupsi, etc are shown as rares. Tied is on the bottom row and Toad on the middle row, i got two Tied figures in my case, so I don’t think they are hard to come by. But, this does bring up the weirdness that Tied was a sticker in series 1 but there were some stickers that did not have corresponding figures. This was one. Toad was a sticker in series 2, but not with a corresponding figure (I think anyway). I don’t think either were on the checklists. More seemingly random acts by SI.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 10:52:21 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #447 on: February 20, 2022, 10:45:51 PM »
 6-Urp discovered in a Liptorn topper.   Sticker is Dull.   Other minis are Haha, Lox, and Sicken of the Sea.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2022, 11:00:13 PM »
 I bought one case and both my "rares" were found in cups on the bottom layer.   I'm wondering if that is true for everyone else who bought a case?   Did anyone find a rare on the top layer?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: February 21, 2022, 12:21:50 AM »
I bought one case and both my "rares" were found in cups on the bottom layer.   I'm wondering if that is true for everyone else who bought a case?   Did anyone find a rare on the top layer?

I found 5 rares and a really rare in the top levels of my 4 cases.

3 rares and 2 really rares in the bottom levels.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2022, 07:04:01 AM »
Im pretty sure my really rare Fibbys came from the top level…random distribution was pretty good for me…out of a mail order case and 6 cups from Target (i cheated a bit and selected six toppers of minis i didnt have)…i got a complete set of commons, plus rares STD and 6 Urp and very rares Fibbys and Baked Bears…im happy with that distribution …
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:20:52 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline fbvikes

« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2022, 08:31:38 AM »
Errwhah?   Toad and Tied are both in series 3.  They are a knight's move apart on the checklist.   

Congrats on the Mtn Goo.

Missed it.  Thank you.  Getting old.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2022, 01:51:14 PM »
6-Urp discovered in a Liptorn topper.   Sticker is Dull.   Other minis are Haha, Lox, and Sicken of the Sea.

And this was from a case at Target?

I went on a road trip to visit a friend this past weekend and stopped at six Targets.  Only two had series 3.  Picked up just four cups but didn't find any rares, despite three of those cups as having been reported to have rares in them.  I suspect the rares really are random in the Target cases or one would have to have the "right" topper from the "right" case to match the rares that others have found.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2022, 03:00:26 PM »

I went on a road trip to visit a friend this past weekend and stopped at six Targets.  Only two had series 3.  Picked up just four cups but didn't find any rares, despite three of those cups as having been reported to have rares in them.  I suspect the rares really are random in the Target cases or one would have to have the "right" topper from the "right" case to match the rares that others have found.

Similar experience. I found Series 3 on Sat in 1 Target out of many. Purchased two cups based in intel and found zero Rares. Purchased Pupsi rare on the bay today and that's it for now. Digging the Pull Tab molded into the top of the Soda' minis; having grown up with those Pull Tabs. I will buy the stickers in the future.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2022, 08:24:36 PM »

My case came from Toy Wiz.

I've checked 2 local Targets in my area and neither have series 3 as of yet.

In my experience, knowing the right topper only gives you a head-start on the odds:   I remember buying 4 or 5 cups of the known topper in which Exceedrin had been reported; only one of those actually yielded an Exceedrin.   And of course it was the last one I opened, but I still felt like a won a small lottery.  LOL.   So I am very thankful for all the tips, and that's mainly why I'm trying to "pay it forward" by passing on any info I can provide.

anything