Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63497 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2022, 10:11:12 AM »
So is it confirmed retail stores are only getting 16 in a box and not 24? Unfortunately my photo doesn't show the box as I found it in the store. I scanned them one at a time and put them in the bag. The white insert looked legit but I didn't keep it. I'm just glad I was able to take the tray with the extra minis.

I think you're the first to find it at retail, so I guess time will tell if retail cases have 16 or 24.  I would think they'd have 24 (as previous series did), but we'll find out soon enough.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2022, 10:12:25 AM »
A lot of people are complaining about it with the GPK. They only put 16 in the boxes for retail. When you buy from Toy Wiz and other online places, they are a full 24 box. It's very strange. I also paid for a full 24 GPK box while at Target and thankfully something caught my eye and I decided to pull all of the items out of the display box... Almost paid for 24!!

I wonder if the GPK cases that people buy from Rylee's Attic or Toy Wiz come with 16 or 24 cups. 

Online JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2022, 10:24:00 AM »
That case looks exactly like my mail order case, with 8 cups removed on top layer…

« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2022, 10:31:38 AM »
I wonder if the GPK cases that people buy from Rylee's Attic or Toy Wiz come with 16 or 24 cups.
Mine had 24.

Offline studio805

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2022, 10:34:16 AM »
Mine had 24.

Yes, mine had 24, too. All the cases again bought online are a full 24 case set. Only in retail are they 16 cups.

Offline studio805

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2022, 10:44:27 AM »
Got my box from Toy Wiz yesterday.   The layout of the cups are:

top:
Wheezit       Liptorn         Irish Ring     Duzn't
Hurtz           Bum Chex    Mulers          Fright Cocktail
Goonmans    Choke King  Daffy            Dud

bottom:
Breadcrust    Harm&Hammer  Fright Guard   8 Lives
Yicks            Wheezit             Liptorn           Duzn't
Cheep          Foolite               Heavy             Lox

I'm trying to pace myself and have opened 4 so far.   I naturally went for the Breadcrust first, based on the super information supplied by everyone so far....no Pupsi or rare anything.    Still looking at past scores, I then went for the Hurtz and the Goonmans....only common stuff.     Today I tried the Wheezit on the top row and no rares.

I'm hoping against hope I have a Pupsi hiding somewhere in the remaining 21 cups....

Note the Fright Guard topper proves it isn't just in the display case.

Did you find any rares?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2022, 10:56:10 AM »
Complete Series 3 with 6 Rares and 3 Ultra Rares
Congrats...however, I hate to burst your bubble, there, dude, but you're missing the 10th rare, Bar-Kist...as I suspect practically all of us will be. That's the "fuggetaboutit" rare. It joins gold Windhex and black Commie, in the bullS-I- SI Hall of Shame.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »
Here's what I got from the 16 cup case I found today at Target - 2 red sparkle rares, so not too shabby! I even got a can with no label. LOL!

All the stickers are different. Several doubles on a few minis. An overall nice selection. I probably wont buy anymore until they show up at Walmart.

Disappointed I didn't get all the commons I really wanted - Tied Detergent, 9 Lives and Hurtz, to name just a few. Are all of them even available now?

I would love to trade my doubles on the commons I need.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:07:31 AM by Swiski »

Offline studio805

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2022, 12:36:35 PM »
Congrats...however, I hate to burst your bubble, there, dude, but you're missing the 10th rare, Bar-Kist...as I suspect practically all of us will be. That's the "fuggetaboutit" rare. It joins gold Windhex and black Commie, in the bullS-I- SI Hall of Shame.

I have the Black Commie Wacky.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2022, 01:48:47 PM »
I have the Black Commie Wacky.
Then you are one of the few and proud.

Offline studio805

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »
Does anyone have an extra "Ivy Soap" to trade? I have plenty to trade.

Offline studio805

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2022, 02:57:43 PM »

I take it that now many people have shown up as having one? I knew about the Gold Windhex. I think I saw maybe one on eBay last year.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2022, 03:07:40 PM »
Got my box from Toy Wiz yesterday.   The layout of the cups are:

top:
Wheezit       Liptorn         Irish Ring     Duzn't
Hurtz           Bum Chex    Mulers          Fright Cocktail
Goonmans    Choke King  Daffy            Dud

bottom:
Breadcrust    Harm&Hammer  Fright Guard   8 Lives
Yicks            Wheezit             Liptorn           Duzn't
Cheep          Foolite               Heavy             Lox

I'm trying to pace myself and have opened 4 so far.   I naturally went for the Breadcrust first, based on the super information supplied by everyone so far....no Pupsi or rare anything.    Still looking at past scores, I then went for the Hurtz and the Goonmans....only common stuff.     Today I tried the Wheezit on the top row and no rares.

I'm hoping against hope I have a Pupsi hiding somewhere in the remaining 21 cups....

Note the Fright Guard topper proves it isn't just in the display case.

I don't recall seeing this configuration before.  I'll be very curious to hear what you find (and where).

Offline studio805

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2022, 03:18:14 PM »
Here's what I found in box two of the case from Toy Wiz.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2022, 03:25:42 PM »
Here's what I found in box two of the case from Toy Wiz.

Thanks, Brendan!  Super helpful!  Did you share your results from box #1?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2022, 03:58:58 PM »

Isn't the Red Sparkle Commie the super tough one to find in Series 2?   The Black Commie came late in the Multipacks; but it did show up. The Red Sparkle Commie was only seen twice I believe.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2022, 04:22:28 PM »
I don't recall seeing this configuration before.  I'll be very curious to hear what you find (and where).

I opened two more cups today, and I'm happy to report possibly a new configuration for a Pupsi!   The top mini is Cheep, and the sticker is Martian Hats.   I got a little excited when I noticed 3 can-shaped packages in the cup.   The other minis are:   Daffy, Breadcrust, and Hippy.   

Thanks Swiski for reporting a Foolite might yield a Dull.   That'll be my next hope as I do have one Foolite topper.    :great:

Is it just me or does the image on Pupsi look vertically stretched?  (not complaining, but just seems "off")
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online JailOJohn

« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »
I can report that in my case which is identical to pats, on the upper level a Hurtz crazy canary food topper yielded a “really rare” Fibbys..It should be noted that it has a black lid,  despite being shown as a grey lid on the checklist….

Offline studio805

« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2022, 04:58:34 PM »
Thanks, Brendan!  Super helpful!  Did you share your results from box #1?

My pleasure! Yes, sorry, I thought I had shared them.. here they are. :) Btw, I have an extra "Really Rare Fink" and am hoping to trade that with someone for maybe a different "really rare" or if fair, a couple "rare" ones.

Offline studio805

« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2022, 05:00:02 PM »
Isn't the Red Sparkle Commie the super tough one to find in Series 2?   The Black Commie came late in the Multipacks; but it did show up. The Red Sparkle Commie was only seen twice I believe.

I think you are right. Although, I was lucky enough to get a Red Sparkle Commie early on in the hunt.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2022, 05:26:22 PM »
My pleasure! Yes, sorry, I thought I had shared them.. here they are. :) Btw, I have an extra "Really Rare Fink" and am hoping to trade that with someone for maybe a different "really rare" or if fair, a couple "rare" ones.

Thanks!  I don't recall if that case configuration has been reported yet, but it certainly is hard to follow all of this.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2022, 05:32:26 PM »
I pulled a Hurtz Baked Bears this morning.

3rd case:

Top level Choke King cup had a rare STD red mini.
Ducko Cement topper had   rare 6-Urp rare red mini.

Bottom level Irish Ring topper had  a really rare Hurtz Baked Bears black mini.

So this is interesting.  I had the same case as you (from Rylee's Attic) and I got the same rares as you but I also got a Dr Popper from a cup showing Muler's.  So of my two cases from Rylee's, I had one case with 2 rares and one case with 3 rares and 1 really rare.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2022, 06:17:00 PM »
Does anyone have an extra "Ivy Soap" to trade? I have plenty to trade.
This seems to be more rare than the rares
Along with the ‘common’ Grazin Bran

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2022, 06:23:45 PM »
This seems to be more rare than the rares
Along with the ‘common’ Grazin Bran

In my two cases, I ended up with two Grazin Brans and five Ivys.  I suspect things will "level out" as we open more cases and perhaps the retail cases will have slightly different ratios.  Seems like we're going to find out soon enough.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2022, 08:44:05 PM »
In my two cases, I ended up with two Grazin Brans and five Ivys.  I suspect things will "level out" as we open more cases and perhaps the retail cases will have slightly different ratios.  Seems like we're going to find out soon enough.

I showed the complete contents of my Target box earlier with photos.

Offline studio805

« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2022, 04:16:35 AM »

Would you sell or trade one of your Ivy's?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2022, 07:47:51 AM »
Would you sell or trade one of your Ivy's?

I do have a complete set (not counting rares) at this point, so I'm not all that interested in trading.  I'd sell, though I don't know a fair price.  I really do think it'll become no more difficult, or at least not more so, than other commons soon enough.  But please do feel free to stay in touch if it doesn't play out that way. 

Offline studio805

« Reply #412 on: February 17, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
I do have a complete set (not counting rares) at this point, so I'm not all that interested in trading.  I'd sell, though I don't know a fair price.  I really do think it'll become no more difficult, or at least not more so, than other commons soon enough.  But please do feel free to stay in touch if it doesn't play out that way.

Sounds good! I landed three Ivy's myself today... so all good! :) Looks like they are distributed well and people won't have to go on the hunt to different locations. Congrats on all the commons! I too, have them all and only need one more black top rare. :)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2022, 12:29:25 PM »
Because I have too much time on my hands and I enjoy solving puzzles, I thought I would try to figure out how many case configurations there are.  Based on the two cases I've opened and what others have reported here, I think there are six so far.  I'll randomly give each case a letter name below and name the first four cups showing (top level, furthest "back", left to right):

case A - Muler's, Stove Glop, Foolite, Mold Power

case B - Dud's , Brittle, Choke King, Duzn't

case C - Creep, Drainola, Muler's, Ale
(I've also seen a case that goes - Cheep, Creep, Drainola, Ale.  Perhaps some cups shifted in this case, or in the previous one)

case D - Triks, Dud, Doesn't Delight, Sicken/8 Lives (can't tell from the pic)

case E - Yicks, Weez-It, Duzn't, Muler's

case F - Wheez-It, Liptorn, Irish Ring, Duzn't

Has anyone gotten an unmolested case that differs from these?  Do these jibe with what others have seen?  Weirdly, I'm not sure the rares always line up perfectly, but they seem close to the same when folks have found the same configuration.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2022, 12:30:08 PM »
Sounds good! I landed three Ivy's myself today... so all good! :) Looks like they are distributed well and people won't have to go on the hunt to different locations. Congrats on all the commons! I too, have them all and only need one more black top rare. :)

Glad you got some Ivy's!  I thought that would happen.  Did you find cups at retail or were they from a distributor (Rylee's or ToyWiz)?

Offline studio805

« Reply #415 on: February 18, 2022, 09:17:58 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the differences in printing with the Minis? This is just an example. Seems a little sloppy. I know they did this with the stickers and I have several stickers from Series 3 that have darker backgrounds.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #416 on: February 18, 2022, 10:08:28 AM »
     I still have not seen this in the wild, but just as with the "darker" stickers in the previous series I won't care to collect any variation in color. To me it is nothing but another one of SI low standards in quality.

Matt.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
Found another retail 16-count box at a different Target here in Milwaukee. The toppers were different from the first store, so I bought all of these to see if I can score a few more rares.

Online JailOJohn

« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2022, 01:06:42 PM »
None of us can probably speak to this, bit i wonder what their procedures are for shipping these to retail stores. It appears Milwaukee is one of the few, if not only, city where these have actually hit the shelves at Target….

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »
None of us can probably speak to this, bit i wonder what their procedures are for shipping these to retail stores. It appears Milwaukee is one of the few, if not only, city where these have actually hit the shelves at Target….

Series 3 was spotted in a Value Drug Store on Long Island last weekend.