Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63484 times)

Offline studio805

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2022, 11:09:48 AM »
Using the info provided by Pat, i ordered A case. I will post when it arrives and say what minis i pull..

Ordered a case, too! I'll record all my findings. Hopefully, they ship soon. :) Nothing at Target today. :(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »
I ordered as well.  Will post my results.

I still plan on keeping my Wacky old eyes open when I hit my local Targets.

Yes, it is still fun to buy Wackys in a regular retail setting, and I will if I see them, but with 82 (or more) stickers, I figured I needed cases.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
This is worse than when we were kids, running to the corner store every day, hoping a new series if Wackys was out! Because now we are ADULTS…checking every day…to see if a new series is out….

Offline quas

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »
This is worse than when we were kids, running to the corner store every day, hoping a new series if Wackys was out! Because now we are ADULTS…checking every day…to see if a new series is out….

Amen to that.
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2022, 02:01:24 PM »
Nuttin today at Two Targets.  No Excel pack out either. It is worth noting that I am not seeing the GPK Micro's $6.99 Trash Cans moving. Usually only 4 - 6 gone from the case.

Offline OutofStep

« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2022, 02:33:29 PM »
I read a SuperImpulse post on Facebook saying we should expect to see S3 hit Walmarts any day now.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2022, 03:42:07 PM »
I read a SuperImpulse post on Facebook saying we should expect to see S3 hit Walmarts any day now.

That would mean anytime within the next 4 months WalMarts will get Series 3..........

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2022, 06:58:22 PM »
That would mean anytime within the next 4 months WalMarts will get Series 3..........

Somehow Wal-Mart getting them before Target surprises me.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »

I saw that as well and asked them about it.  They've generally responded when I post a question on their FB page, but it usually takes them a few days.  The wait continues...

On an unrelated note, has anyone found a use for the empty cups from the Minis?  I was cleaning out my basement today and probably have 100 empty cups.  I hate to throw them away, and they don't seem recyclable, but I also have limited space so I'm hoping to find a use for them or they'll end up in the local landfill.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2022, 11:13:23 PM »
I saw that as well and asked them about it.  They've generally responded when I post a question on their FB page, but it usually takes them a few days.  The wait continues...

On an unrelated note, has anyone found a use for the empty cups from the Minis?  I was cleaning out my basement today and probably have 100 empty cups.  I hate to throw them away, and they don't seem recyclable, but I also have limited space so I'm hoping to find a use for them or they'll end up in the local landfill.

Seedlings?  Or, one ebay seller sent me some stickers in a cup.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2022, 03:07:10 AM »
The amount of trash generated by Wacky Mini's is a crime.  I could fill a dumpster with everything my collecting of these has generated. :(

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2022, 03:19:53 AM »
I ordered as well. 

Same here.   Thanks to Todd Barrett for the coupon info.   I figure since they are all OS titles, I can't exclusively go the retail route this time around.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2022, 05:50:46 AM »
I can totally see Walmart getting these in faster! The last wave of Series 2 with the Minute Mud rare was in large supply at all my Walmart stores. Every checkout lane had them on the shelf. SI looks at Walmart as a larger scale buyer and probably offered them to Walmart first. I'll be hitting stores more closely this week!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2022, 05:52:59 AM »

I can see an artist making use of those empty cups. A friend of mine glued a ton of Dixie cups together and made a lamp shade out of it.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2022, 08:13:16 AM »
I can see an artist making use of those empty cups. A friend of mine glued a ton of Dixie cups together and made a lamp shade out of it.

Yeah, I think an artist (or someone, as Pat suggested, who might use them for plant seedlings) would be a good candidate.  Maybe at this point, I'll wait until I have a bunch of series 3 cups and try to find someone in one fell swoop who'd want them all.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2022, 09:11:09 AM »
I can totally see Walmart getting these in faster! The last wave of Series 2 with the Minute Mud rare was in large supply at all my Walmart stores. Every checkout lane had them on the shelf.

This must be a regional thing.   I checked Walmart's in my area (Raleigh, NC) during the Minute-Muds-Are-Here period and found nothing but old Series 1 cups on the checkout lanes.   
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
This must be a regional thing.   I checked Walmart's in my area (Raleigh, NC) during the Minute-Muds-Are-Here period and found nothing but old Series 1 cups on the checkout lanes.

The issue is many WalMarts have eliminated many checklanes in favor of self checkout areas. It is hit or miss to find Minis in WM's.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2022, 01:39:16 PM »
The case I ordered arrived today.  Have only opened 10 of the cups so far.  I'll share more observations once I get through it all, but I'm finding similar things to what Pat and Scot noted.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2022, 01:41:47 PM »
The issue is many WalMarts have eliminated many checklanes in favor of self checkout areas. It is hit or miss to find Minis in WM's.

1st of Feb. and still nothing at the Target nearby me.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2022, 02:00:56 PM »

True Dat. Our two local Walmarts rarely (and I mean Fuggetaboutit rarely) have more than one checkout lane open that is not self-check. It seems they are trying to run people off to other stores that do grocery shopping every 2 weeks like my wife and I do. I am not going to checkout a full shopping cart containing typically $200 plus in groceries at one of those little self checks.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2022, 02:07:17 PM »

I happened to be in the Walmart by my house this morning, and they had plenty of Series 2 Wacky minis.  No Series 3 in sight.

Offline studio805

« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2022, 12:23:49 PM »
I stopped at every Target from Lauderdale to Miami and no Series 3. A bunch of Series 2. Not sure when I will get my case from ToyWiz. They don't seem to update people very well.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #267 on: February 02, 2022, 05:29:29 PM »
I stopped at every Target from Lauderdale to Miami and no Series 3. A bunch of Series 2. Not sure when I will get my case from ToyWiz. They don't seem to update people very well.

The groundhog saw his shadow today, now the question for Wacky collectors is, "When will we see Ser 3 in either Target or W.M.?

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #268 on: February 02, 2022, 06:22:45 PM »
Don't put to much thought or worry into it Shoe...........they will show when they show.....no biggy

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2022, 09:01:26 PM »
No mini ser 3 spotted in Nor Cal Targets, or GPK minis either! In fact, the card sections are decimated. So are the Lego sections!
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2022, 04:32:00 AM »
My second case arrived yesterday.  I didn't bother with pics for cup position because many had fallen over, and I couldn't be sure of where they started out.  But, I completed my common mini set and got 23 different stickers (15 I needed), as well as a Pupsi rare and a 6-Urp rare.  No really rare this time  :sad:

6-Urp was in a cup in the upper level with Argh as the topper, and Pupsi was in the lower level, with Breadcrust Hash as the topper.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 04:40:57 AM by RawGoo »

Offline studio805

« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2022, 05:16:21 AM »
My second case arrived yesterday.  I didn't bother with pics for cup position because many had fallen over, and I couldn't be sure of where they started out.  But, I completed my common mini set and got 23 different stickers (15 I needed), as well as a Pupsi rare and a 6-Urp rare.  No really rare this time  :sad:

6-Urp was in a cup in the upper level with Argh as the topper, and Pupsi was in the lower level, with Breadcrust Hash as the topper.

Thanks for the tips on what to look for. I can't wait to get my case! Where did you order from?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2022, 05:56:39 AM »
Thanks for the tips on what to look for. I can't wait to get my case! Where did you order from?

I ordered from Rylee's Attic.  I look forward to trading with more people when the Toy Wiz cases arrive!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2022, 05:59:35 AM »
But, I completed my common mini set and got 23 different stickers (15 I needed),
All stickers so far are only of the 82 minis, is that still correct?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2022, 06:16:31 AM »
All stickers so far are only of the 82 minis, is that still correct?

I haven't seen any that aren't on the mini checklist. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:18:06 AM by RawGoo »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2022, 09:40:50 AM »
Pat…you received a second set from Rylees? I ordered sunday, but she told me that SI told her they are a couple of weeks behind on shipping.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:07:07 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »
Pay, you received a second set from Rylees? I ordered sunday, but she told me that SI told her they are a couple of weeks behind on shipping.

I ordered this one last week - someone who had reserved it changed their mind and canceled.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2022, 10:08:44 AM »
To quote Napoleon…”Dang! Lucky!” I am just happy that we only got 2 inches of snow here, while helf the midwest and much of Northeast, got a foot or more…

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »
Pat.. are the stickers creased or dented up in the cups?
Also, I'm surprised all the common titles are available in this first wave.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2022, 11:01:06 AM »
Pat.. are the stickers creased or dented up in the cups?
Also, I'm surprised all the common titles are available in this first wave.

Unfortunately, the stickers in the cups are creased and dented like the ones that we have been pulling from the Series 1 and 2 multipacks.  Some are even popped along the kiss cut.

Aside from all the commons being in this wave, 4 of 6 rares have been found, and so far 1 of 3 really rares that I know of.