Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63469 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »
Great!  I suspect it would be a few days, but what do I know.  I'll check periodically and keep folks updated when I find anything or get any new info from Deborah.  Thanks to anyone else who comes up with some info they can pass along :)

I was at a freshly restocked target Card Section today. GPK Micro's were the new item. $6.99 for a trash can with 2 cards , a grocery item and a mini figure. 16 per case.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2022, 02:39:22 PM »
I was at a freshly restocked target Card Section today. GPK Micro's were the new item. $6.99 for a trash can with 2 cards , a grocery item and a mini figure. 16 per case.
Pics I’ve seen looked like 24 per case, same as the Wacky box

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:12:36 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2022, 04:15:25 PM »
Ah, I’ve seen another pic now. There’s cardboard filler blocking out two lower rows.
Wonder why they did that

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2022, 03:16:57 AM »
Ah, I’ve seen another pic now. There’s cardboard filler blocking out two lower rows.
Wonder why they did that

Its a new line and they are not confident enough regarding sales to put 24 in a case.

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2022, 05:13:58 AM »
Its a new line and they are not confident enough regarding sales to put 24 in a case.
Not confident? SI needs to get a better marketing team then if that’s the case, as anything and everything GPK has been selling like crazy for the past few years. They should know better.
The GPK Collectors are going berserk over these on the GPK Marketplace.
They’re all buying up the entire case as soon as they find them at Meijer or Target

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2022, 07:32:52 AM »
Not confident? SI needs to get a better marketing team then if that’s the case, as anything and everything GPK has been selling like crazy for the past few years. They should know better.
They’re all buying up the entire case as soon as they find them at Meijer or Target

GPK Micro's are $6.99. I wonder if the Wacky Minis 3 will now be $6.99 too?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2022, 07:46:30 AM »

I was thinking the same thing!  As for buying up cases, that does seem to give a person a better chance at one of each common.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2022, 09:22:54 AM »
   I found a near full case of the GPK micros because word has it they are flying off the shelves I bought it. No rares and very few doubles, My question is are these the same as the GPK micro toys that also come with a mini sticker?

Offline Caved In

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2022, 10:43:40 AM »
If you go to the SI website and scroll halfway down, they are now showing all of the Series 3 minis - this is the first time I noticed this.  They look terrific!   :o ;D

Also showing an open cup and contents.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2022, 01:23:02 PM »
But has anyone seen any series 3 wacky minis in a retail store???

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2022, 01:32:08 PM »
Looking at SI website, they have no listing at all fir third series and no display box shown. There IS a group shot showing all OS titles….Some great Wackys like Valveeater…Unfortunately, the six rare cans, including Mt Goo, Pupsi, have red tops, so it looks like those might be unique titles as rares, since they ate not shown with regular gray lids. If these ever come out, we will know for sure….

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2022, 02:17:18 PM »
Looking at SI website, they have no listing at all fir third series and no display box shown. There IS a group shot showing all OS titles….Some great Wackys like Valveeater…Unfortunately, the six rare cans, including Mt Goo, Pupsi, have red tops, so it looks like those might be unique titles as rares, since they ate not shown with regular gray lids. If these ever come out, we will know for sure….

Aw, red cans??  Well then, maybe I won't be bothered looking for them.  At least with Series 1 the rares being pearly white worked with the chosen titles.

Just checked out the site - the Bar Kist looks great in chrome, but that is probably a "fuggetaboutit."  Not thrilled with the blue background stickers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:49:06 PM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2022, 02:38:56 PM »

You can download and print out the checklist. So they are all unique titles this time. All 10 Rares are not in the main lineup. In general I not feeling the rares this time around as I do not think they look best in chase form. Seeing Pupsi with a red sparkle top is not as cool as seeing it looking like it should look with a grey top. The same for Fink with a Black Top. Ehhh. Cool to see Baked Bears as a Really Rare title. Rob would have been over the moon about that one. Last time around there were two "Rares" in each 24 cup case. There was one "Really Rare" per two 24 cup cases. Pupsi as a "Rare" will keep Mr Shoemaker busy.   They will probably release 4 of the Rares and Two of Really Rares in the first wave along with 40 - 50 of the Base titles. The stickers will have a blue background this time around.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:43:58 PM by DrDeal »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2022, 07:30:50 AM »
I saw something on Thursday someone was selling an unopened case from FL - was not sure,

Richard
#StayWacky

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2022, 07:48:37 AM »
Aw, red cans??  Well then, maybe I won't be bothered looking for them.  At least with Series 1 the rares being pearly white worked with the chosen titles.

Just checked out the site - the Bar Kist looks great in chrome, but that is probably a "fuggetaboutit."  Not thrilled with the blue background stickers.
that Bar Kist in chrome doesn't match the checklist, which says it should be a blue sparkle. Par for the course with SI posting misinformation on what they are selling.

Their earlier post on Instagram also showed that all the rare pieces were just colorways, and not unique. Now with 10 hard to find titles, and one impossible, basically no one can complete the set. SI has totally jumped the shark.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2022, 10:27:46 AM »
Wait till the cans with grey tops show up and go for big money.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2022, 12:17:36 PM »
that Bar Kist in chrome doesn't match the checklist, which says it should be a blue sparkle. Par for the course with SI posting misinformation on what they are selling.
   Anyone notice the case box itself? It has the series one minis in the front display. That has to be an error right? I have zero confidence in this series, with all the wording of rares and the pictures not matching up seems like strike three and you're out for me.

Matt.

(Image removed from quote.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 12:26:31 PM by faustxxx »

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2022, 12:36:55 PM »
Wait till the cans with grey tops show up and go for big money.
You got that right.

I can’t wait to find these.

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2022, 05:18:37 PM »
   Anyone notice the case box itself? It has the series one minis in the front display. That has to be an error right? I have zero confidence in this series, with all the wording of rares and the pictures not matching up seems like strike three and you're out for me.
 Matt.
yeah, SI is really clueless. They have had images of production boxes (below) for a while now, but then for that recent Instagram they dredged up some old CGI composition that's totally wrong, showing parts of an S1 box

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2022, 05:21:13 PM »
oddly using the Poster version of Hipton for the Mini

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2022, 05:52:15 AM »
Is the Duzn't mini the wrong shape?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »
2 Targets today - no stash yet  :sad:

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2022, 04:56:22 PM »
I feel like between minis and Topps (Fanatics) pushing backOld School 10, we are getting jerked around pretty good…building up demand, and cash…Why ive half a mind to spend my money on some other frivolous pursuit….

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2022, 06:51:14 PM »
2 Targets today - no stash yet  :sad:

Richard
#StayWacky

So did I.  And no luck either  :'(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2022, 12:46:48 AM »
I feel like between minis and Topps (Fanatics) pushing backOld School 10, we are getting jerked around pretty good…building up demand, and cash…Why ive half a mind to spend my money on some other frivolous pursuit….

The minis have probably been stuck in a shipping container somewhere on the west coast for ages.  I don't feel that SI is jerking us around with delays, they will do that with the rare figures.........

What I am really upset about is buying a ton of Attacky Packages sets hoping for a bunch of killer Attacky sketches, and getting December regular sketches.  So, if Topps is delaying Old School 10 to make sure there are no similar screw ups, I am more than content to wait.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2022, 04:02:04 AM »
I did check out SI's updated website, and the Series 3 page shows sticker art images for all the titles, not completed plastic toys like you see on the Series 1 and 2 pages. So I'm wondering if their webmaster doesn't even have the product available yet to shoot photos for the website.

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2022, 08:01:26 AM »
I did check out SI's updated website, and the Series 3 page shows sticker art images for all the titles, not completed plastic toys like you see on the Series 1 and 2 pages. So I'm wondering if their webmaster doesn't even have the product available yet to shoot photos for the website.
That is interesting that the S3 page is art images for the base set (although there are plastic toy images for all the rares)
They do have that other group shot that shows physical pieces for all of them. But much of their website seems haphazard.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »
That is interesting that the S3 page is art images for the base set (although there are plastic toy images for all the rares)
They do have that other group shot that shows physical pieces for all of them. But much of their website seems haphazard.

Yeah, I noticed that on the Series 1 or 2 page, they have New Skool parodies in the Old Skool section. They honestly don't have a clue!

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2022, 10:09:19 AM »
As long as I get both Pupsi and Mountain Goo in the first cup I open, all will be forgiven...

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2022, 10:38:35 AM »
     Anyone notice that there are two Heavy trash bags pictured? One is just upside down. They didn't rush it or anything I'm sure.

Matt.

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2022, 11:11:28 AM »
     Anyone notice that there are two Heavy trash bags pictured? One is just upside down. They didn't rush it or anything I'm sure.

Matt.
It was too Heavy to turn upside right  ;)

(Actually, the other one is Hippy Trash Bags. They look very similar)

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2022, 12:12:13 PM »
It was too Heavy to turn upside right  ;)

(Actually, the other one is Hippy Trash Bags. They look very similar)
     Nice catch, your eyes are way better than mine.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2022, 01:38:15 PM »
I  now think most Targets get their card section restocked every two weeks. They all got restocked last week with GPK Micros. I have hit two  a day last two days and no restocks.  Next week is my sense now.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2022, 02:08:19 PM »
Fingers Crossed. For all of SI's flaws, at least its something Wacky to open.....

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2022, 03:46:40 PM »

Though I haven't perused the pics in great detail (and probably won't), is it me or are they showing Windhex again in Series 3...wasn't it in S2? or is that Windaxe?

anything