Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63459 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2021, 02:57:17 PM »
Did everyone eventually get all of the Series One titles? I never got Jail-O or Jerkson's Baby Plasters, and those two titles do NOT show up on e-bay. I spent my entire lunch hour reading through 48 pages of postings about Series 1. Did SI get any better or more honest with the distribution methods for Series 2? It's gonna affect how many (if any) Series 3 minis I buy...

I did not get all of the series 1 titles, but I think I did end up with Jail-O, which was the one I most wanted.  I don't think I got any of the rare New Skool titles and may or may not have gotten any other (besides Jail-O) of the rare Old Skool titles. 

Series 2, IMO, was about a wash compared to series 1 in terms of transparency.  So, not great.  But at least it was easier to get all the unique titles (not counting red and black and sparkley variations) than series 1.  I'll definitely be more cautious in my series 3 buying, but I am still excited to find and open the series 3 tubs.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2021, 04:18:53 PM »
I did not get all of the series 1 titles, but I think I did end up with Jail-O, which was the one I most wanted.  I don't think I got any of the rare New Skool titles and may or may not have gotten any other (besides Jail-O) of the rare Old Skool titles. 

Series 2, IMO, was about a wash compared to series 1 in terms of transparency.  So, not great.  But at least it was easier to get all the unique titles (not counting red and black and sparkley variations) than series 1.  I'll definitely be more cautious in my series 3 buying, but I am still excited to find and open the series 3 tubs.

Series 2 put a few regular mini titles ONLY in the multipacks; which made it expensive to acquire them. FIB was only on 20 packs.   

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »
I have the following available for Wacky Loot or Kick Arse Colored Sketch Card Trade:

Crust Mini
Jerkson's Mini
Jail-O Mini

Also Have some red Sparkle thingees

Disavow the EVIL Washington Redskins and PM me!

Richard
#StayWacky
#FlyEaglesFly

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2021, 04:40:00 PM »
Series 2 put a few regular mini titles ONLY in the multipacks; which made it expensive to acquire them. FIB was only on 20 packs.

After reading your post that Jerkens was available only in the 10 packs, I ordered 2 from Amazon, in hopes of a "lottery"-type score.   They came today, and the packaging on both of them had a lot of creases, not only in the cardboard but in the plastic.   One package had the original Amazon bar code ripped off (with residue remaining), and an "LPN RRxxnnn NNNN" bar code sticker on the side, and the other package had the LPN bar code sticker on top of the original Amazon bar code.   Both packages looked like they had been kicked around the floor a few times, with scuffs and the aforementioned creases.

A little internet snooping, and I learned that the LPN RR bar code means that the item was RETURNED to Amazon and RESOLD as "new". 

"Infuriated" is an understatement to how I felt.

Obviously another wacky pack collector (or dealer) bought a slew of these, carefully cherry-picked titles, without damaging the packaging too much, and returned the unneeded titles back to Amazon.   How slimy can a person get?   Fortunately, Amazon made good and refunded my purchase when I contacted them and explained the situation.

If SI is going to continue this nonsense of only making certain titles available ONLY in blister packs, they need to work with Amazon to limit the quantity per customer (not quantity per purchase, but quantity per CUSTOMER and/or address).

PS.  I was able to get a Fib mini from a very dear friend.

PPS.  I asked the Amazon rep if I could return these items and have them replaced with NEW items that had not been returned.  I don't know how extensive their search was (I was on hold for quite a while), or even if they could search such a thing, but they were not able to replace my items with guaranteed-new-and-not-returned items.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:47:06 PM by Plastered Peanut »
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2022, 05:19:52 PM »

Any idea which date this month?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2022, 02:40:05 AM »

SI said soon on FB so I would begin checking Targets now. I am not sure if the New Years Holiday will change the delivery dates for Excel boxes this week.
I will hit a few Targets today.  Most Targets have their Card sections replenished on Mon Tues or Wed depending on the Excel Rep's Route. They do about three stores per day spending around two hours in each store.

Any idea which date this month?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2022, 12:31:57 PM »
I ran into an Excel rep packing out the card section in a Target today.  No Series 3 Mini's this week and she has heard nothing about them so far.
I would say next week at the earliest. I will look again in Targets next Monday.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »
I ran into an Excel rep packing out the card section in a Target today.  No Series 3 Mini's this week and she has heard nothing about them so far.
I would say next week at the earliest. I will look again in Targets next Monday.

Thanks for being our advance scout!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2022, 06:57:52 PM »

Thanks Andrew, U R Da Man.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2022, 08:04:12 PM »
I spoke with SI this afternoon.  They just received them and she did not have a total list of lines of distribution.  I would guess they will do the usuals ..... They should start shipping next week.  She stated the warehouse has not been doing a great job and is a bit behind,

Fingers Crossed!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2022, 07:02:16 AM »
Sounds promising…be aware SI has lied to many of us, including me, before…

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »
Last two series I started off by purchasing a box from ToyWiz but they are not showing series 3 yet. While looking around other places, I ran across this.  Hmmm, maybe not a bad idea:

https://www.amazon.com/ADAME-Collector-Compatible-Miniature-Collectible/dp/B094D7DCXG/ref=sr_1_11?crid=30TM724FJ7GU1&keywords=wacky+packages+mini+series+3&qid=1641407952&sprefix=wacky+packages+mini+series+3%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-11
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:44:22 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BobSmith

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »
Did everyone eventually get all of the Series One titles? I never got Jail-O or Jerkson's Baby Plasters, and those two titles do NOT show up on e-bay. I spent my entire lunch hour reading through 48 pages of postings about Series 1. Did SI get any better or more honest with the distribution methods for Series 2? It's gonna affect how many (if any) Series 3 minis I buy...

I ended up with extras of both of those series 1 rares. Hoping to trade for the crust and milk jug. It never panned out.

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2022, 03:22:02 PM »
Last two series I started off by purchasing a box from ToyWiz but they are not showing series 3 yet. While looking around other places, I ran across this.  Hmmm, maybe not a bad idea:

https://www.amazon.com/ADAME-Collector-Compatible-Miniature-Collectible/dp/B094D7DCXG/ref=sr_1_11?crid=30TM724FJ7GU1&keywords=wacky+packages+mini+series+3&qid=1641407952&sprefix=wacky+packages+mini+series+3%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-11

I love the simple plastic case with the handle! But $29.99 seems like a lot, if these were $9.99 or so, I'd but 6 or 8 of them. I used these display frames from Michaels for the first series.

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-coin-display-case/10224309.html

They were perfect for fitting old school in one and new school in another and make a nice display on the wall. These display cases are the same price as the ADAME plastic storage cases, $29.99, but are felt lined and have a glass hinged door. They also often go on sale for 50% off.

I used these plastic bead storage bins for the series 2 items, but the larger items don't fit very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C718QMV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

They are a good value at $8.99. If they would have just slightly larger compartments they would be perfect. I hope the price on the ADAME cases come down. I will keep them on my Amazon want list. Thanks for the tip!

Todd B.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2022, 05:59:40 PM »
I spoke with SI this afternoon.  They just received them and she did not have a total list of lines of distribution.  I would guess they will do the usuals ..... They should start shipping next week.  She stated the warehouse has not been doing a great job and is a bit behind,

Fingers Crossed!

Richard
#StayWacky

They will probably ship ALL of the first wave to Target via Excel. If they were pre-selling to online dealers then Toywiz would be doing pre-orders now.
Target always wants to be first.  Time will tell.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2022, 06:41:03 PM »
I am a fan of the Michaels stuff.  Here is Series 1, Series 2 and the Red Variations

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2022, 07:23:33 PM »
They will probably ship ALL of the first wave to Target via Excel. If they were pre-selling to online dealers then Toywiz would be doing pre-orders now.
Target always wants to be first.  Time will tell.

I was wondering who would get them first.  Did Target get series 1 first?  I've already forgotten.  I would think Walmart would want to be first as well and would guess they'd have more clout than Target, but who knows.  Speaking of Walmart, many that I've been to lately are ditching their traditional cash register lines for large self-service "lanes".  I wonder where the Minis will show up if there are no traditional cash register lines.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2022, 07:54:29 PM »
I was wondering who would get them first.  Did Target get series 1 first?  I've already forgotten.  I would think Walmart would want to be first as well and would guess they'd have more clout than Target, but who knows.  Speaking of Walmart, many that I've been to lately are ditching their traditional cash register lines for large self-service "lanes".  I wonder where the Minis will show up if there are no traditional cash register lines.

Target wants the collector sales and knows they need to be first to get those sales. Target has a much better distribution plan.  You can count on 90% of US Targets getting their first case in the same 7 day period. Walmart is not focused on maxing out sales.  Their distribution is slow and spotty. 1 out of 5 stores will get these.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2022, 12:13:44 PM »
Please let us know as soon as you see these in Target or any other store….

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
Hit a Target this morning and the Exce rep was leaving as I walked in. Nothing new this week. Hit another Target and the same thing. Freshly packed out shelf with no new Minis. Maybe next week.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:40:46 PM by DrDeal »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2022, 02:17:12 PM »
Thanks for the update. Are you literally going to Target every week, or does your job take you there?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2022, 03:27:22 PM »
I will definitely hit one on Wednesday around lunchish

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2022, 04:41:19 PM »
Thanks for the update. Are you literally going to Target every week, or does your job take you there?

My job takes me to Target.

Andrew

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2022, 03:08:11 PM »
I'm driving from Madison, WI to Sarasota, FL this Thursday (with overnight stops in Indianapolis and Atlanta) and returning about a week and a half later.  There are undoubtedly plenty of Targets I could hit in the next couple weeks if these things start to show up  :great:

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2022, 08:43:59 PM »
I'm driving from Madison, WI to Sarasota, FL this Thursday (with overnight stops in Indianapolis and Atlanta) and returning about a week and a half later.  There are undoubtedly plenty of Targets I could hit in the next couple weeks if these things start to show up  :great:
in our youth this would be a one day trip.  As we get older we learn to stop awhile and smell the roses.  That is exactly how I make the Philly Show from Chicago.  I have a pit stop for the day after about 500 miles.

Offline Gizmo68

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2022, 01:32:33 AM »
Hey All,

I actually work for Target esp. for the toy department with overnight crew pushing and stocking... I will def. keep you all posted. I know every toy I push cant be shelved or pushed until ship date .. saw that with plenty of lego packages that had to be sat on crate until shipping date is on. but this Target does not work with card department. We have a rep that comes to the store to stock up the card department in front of the store and toy dept. This rep comes to the store like once every 2 to 4 weeks... not target... esp with this store in Va.. Maybe it is different with each store ???  Loving my job and watching all the new toys, funko, and cards being released.... Fun job on the side !

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2022, 07:20:06 AM »
Another storage option (similar to the plastic craft suitcases) for the minis is plain old Plano tackle boxes. You can move around the dividers to create different size compartments. They run $8-10. They are not as pretty as felt lined cabinets with a glass door, but are around 1/2 the price. Available at Farm and Fleet, Wal Mart, or on the Internet...

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2022, 05:23:36 PM »
Maybe write a Wacky Prescription? Asking for a friend......

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2022, 07:14:44 PM »
Maybe write a Wacky Prescription? Asking for a friend......

Richard
#StayWacky

My guess and hope is they will be out this coming weekend.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2022, 11:20:06 AM »
What makes you think this weekend, Pupsi? I TOTALLY want that Pupsi (and Mt. Goo) mini....How did they know to make two of my favorites the rares???

Offline Swiski

« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2022, 01:56:57 PM »
Talked to my Excel marketing rep here in Milwaukee today while shopping at Target. No new Wacky Mini Series 3. He doesn't even know about them. He did get in the Garbage Pail Kids minis. So those are now hitting for GPK fans!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2022, 07:49:59 PM »
What makes you think this weekend, Pupsi? I TOTALLY want that Pupsi (and Mt. Goo) mini....How did they know to make two of my favorites the rares???

I'm just trying to feel as positive as I can, I feel the wait has been long enough.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2022, 07:59:52 PM »
I ordered a case of series 2 from a woman, Deborah Greenough, whom I had come across on Facebook.  Not sure exactly what her "title" would be (distributor?  wholesaler?), but I got a message that she expected her order of series 3 cases to arrive by the end of the day tomorrow (Jan 20).  I plan to order a case from her, but that seems to indicate that their arrival at Target wouldn't be far behind. 

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2022, 05:34:13 AM »
     Thanks for that info, I'll be checking out a Target today before Noon.

Matt.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2022, 05:51:26 AM »
     Thanks for that info, I'll be checking out a Target today before Noon.

Matt.

Great!  I suspect it would be a few days, but what do I know.  I'll check periodically and keep folks updated when I find anything or get any new info from Deborah.  Thanks to anyone else who comes up with some info they can pass along :)

anything