Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63517 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2021, 07:44:38 AM »
So.... if Series 3 minis are actually out in two weeks, what are people's strategies? Buy a whole case to get the rares? It would need to be an unopened case to ensure distribution, right? Buy some from Target, some from Wal Mart? I have seen them at Five Below here, but that is well after initial release...I had pretty good luck buying doubles from you guys and on e-bay for First two series, but my kid and I would LOVE to open blind boxes...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2021, 01:12:46 PM »
So.... if Series 3 minis are actually out in two weeks, what are people's strategies? Buy a whole case to get the rares? It would need to be an unopened case to ensure distribution, right? Buy some from Target, some from Wal Mart? I have seen them at Five Below here, but that is well after initial release...I had pretty good luck buying doubles from you guys and on e-bay for First two series, but my kid and I would LOVE to open blind boxes...

For series 2, I purchase one of the 24 cup boxes from ToyWiz.com and started that way. Did some trading and purchased some additional cups from Walmart to get other stickers. Then kind of wait until the multi-piece boxes start being available in Amazon to try to finish things off.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2021, 01:15:23 PM »
wait it out and buy the disgusting amount of surplus months after the release for pennies on the $.....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »

I'm torn between jumping right in and waiting things out a bit.  But I'll probably buy a (unopened/untouched if I can) box of 24 cups initially and see how things play out.  I would hope, and I realize this is a longshot, that all the minis are available in the first/only wave.  But I am encouraged by what seems like most will be old school titles, though I know that's not confirmed and seems like it doesn't make sense given the first two series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »
I will probably buy a few boxes when they hit as there will be 4 different sticker case configurations if they do it like in the past.
I will sell off dupe mini's and keep the stickers.

Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2021, 04:50:05 AM »
I hope a few of the ones I want are on the top that you can see in the window - mainly titles like Tied Detergent and a few other iconic ones. Hopefully SI is correct and we will sell reports in a few weeks! I take it these are produced in the US and not overseas to be delayed on the docks.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2021, 05:04:43 AM »
I hope a few of the ones I want are on the top that you can see in the window - mainly titles like Tied Detergent and a few other iconic ones. Hopefully SI is correct and we will sell reports in a few weeks! I take it these are produced in the US and not overseas to be delayed on the docks.

Nope, they are made in China.  I think they were delayed 2 months.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2021, 06:29:36 PM »
Nope, they are made in China.  I think they were delayed 2 months.

I think they'll be out before the 15th.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2021, 08:15:23 PM »
Just curious, what makes you think that? Also, how hard will you try to get your namesake mini??

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2021, 02:02:29 AM »
I would start hitting Targets Monday. Excel is stocking hard for the holidays. They will the the product out if SI ships to them.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2021, 06:11:00 PM »
Just curious, what makes you think that? Also, how hard will you try to get your namesake mini??

Just a hunch.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2021, 06:12:51 PM »
I would start hitting Targets Monday. Excel is stocking hard for the holidays. They will the the product out if SI ships to them.

Nothing at the Target near by me yesterday, and the 5 Below store close by still had Ser 2.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2021, 07:08:16 AM »
Please let us know as soon as you see series 3 in a store. I will totally take personal time off to go look for them at Target or Wal Mart
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:22:35 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2021, 07:10:19 AM »
Not to interrupt the upcoming Series 3 reports and discussion, but I found this auction listing online for a 1930s jewelry set with charms that look like vintage minis. Of course, these are the real products, but imagine if a future Old School set has parodies of these packages!

https://www.ripleyauctions.com/auction-lot/vintage-whimsical-1930s-mini-advertising-product-_8F242AC8CD

https://worldeccentricitycharm.com/products/1930s-products-advertising-charm-bracelet

Ok...carry on. LOL
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:13:04 AM by Swiski »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »
Not to interrupt the upcoming Series 3 reports and discussion, but I found this auction listing online for a 1930s jewelry set with charms that look like vintage minis. Of course, these are the real products, but imagine if a future Old School set has parodies of these packages!

https://www.ripleyauctions.com/auction-lot/vintage-whimsical-1930s-mini-advertising-product-_8F242AC8CD

https://worldeccentricitycharm.com/products/1930s-products-advertising-charm-bracelet

Ok...carry on. LOL

Those are pretty cool. What every woman wants for Christmas, a charm bracelet featuring Mobile Oil. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
I hit SI up on FB and was told Early 2022 for Series 3.

Andrew

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2021, 08:23:40 PM »
Damn! So maybe the “around Dec.15” was a cruel joke or a lie? In defense of the liars, if their product is on one or more barges coming from China, they probably have no control over when it gets here….
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:25:43 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2021, 02:57:18 AM »
Damn! So maybe the “around Dec.15” was a cruel joke or a lie? In defense of the liars, if their product is on one or more barges coming from China, they probably have no control over when it gets here….

So two SI sources saying different things is par for the course. I will keep an eye on Targets ; but expect them to hit early next year.

Andrew

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2021, 07:30:49 PM »
So two SI sources saying different things is par for the course. I will keep an eye on Targets ; but expect them to hit early next year.

Andrew

IMO It's very cool to see some of the titles pictured on here, but would be even better if they still come out this month.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2021, 02:16:05 AM »

I think The Shoe wants a Pupsi Mini in his stocking this year. I hope you get it Mark. SI should just send you that mini. Maybe you need to explain that to them.

IMO It's very cool to see some of the titles pictured on here, but would be even better if they still come out this month.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2021, 06:35:44 AM »
Damn us all for being so desperate and gullible during Covid… Obviously their marketing department is going with the "Tell them whatever they want to hear" theory of marketing. The thing is, that will work once or twice, then we will all hate them. But, they are the ONLY source for minis, and it sounds like we are 10 months away from a Topps retail series release, so I guess we have to put up with them...No one wants to hear how the sausage is made, but am I to understand they are in Pennsylvania, they got the rights from Topps, selected which titles to make, copied already done artwork, and then outsourced production to China? Exactly what value did SI add???

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2021, 02:29:54 PM »
Ran into a Excel Rep Packing out Cards at a Target in NJ today. She said she recalls reading they would have a new item in the World's Smallest Line soon.  Nothing new this week.

Andrew

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2021, 07:01:34 PM »
Ran into a Excel Rep Packing out Cards at a Target in NJ today. She said she recalls reading they would have a new item in the World's Smallest Line soon.  Nothing new this week.

Andrew

Thanks for the update Doc.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »

Andrew

I saw them work a case of World's Smallest Toys at a Target a few days ago. Maybe that's what your rep is talking about.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2021, 05:47:24 AM »
I saw them work a case of World's Smallest Toys at a Target a few days ago. Maybe that's what your rep is talking about.

She packed out some World's Smallest Toys on Cards.   Transformers and Power Rangers. Those have been out for awhile ; so I don't think that was what she was referring to.

Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2021, 06:49:24 AM »
Are there any on eBay yet? That's a good sign they are hitting.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »
Are there any on eBay yet? That's a good sign they are hitting.

Not yet.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »

Andrew
The GPK minis have started showing up in some stores, so it could be those.
Although they are labeled as Micro Figures, not WS

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »
Super impulse Facebook page has a nice preview picture posted now

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!  That is a nice pic.  I'm glad to see that there seem to be only old school titles.  I do like some of the ANS titles (though I think they generally did a poor job of choosing ANS titles for the first two series), but would prefer all old school titles than a 50-50 mix. 

Someone on a FB page said they heard the Wackys wouldn't be out until mid January.  But I have no idea if that person has reliable info or not.

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2021, 02:16:15 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I rejoined Facebook just to see this picture.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2021, 05:00:08 AM »
For those that are curious, here’s the image
While they bizarrely show the same Series 1 minis in the box window, the rest shows a pretty good array of the actual set.
And the insert image shows the rares in the upper portion, with the red tops, black tops, and a silver Bar Kist

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2021, 08:16:07 AM »
How many cases am I gonna have to buy to get a "Pupsi?"  An earlier checklist in this thread seemed to show cans (Dr Pooper, Mt. Goo, Pupsi, etc.) as the rares... But based on this image, the rares might be different colored tops. I would like that better. Everyone wants to get all of the titles without buying case after case after case...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 09:20:24 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »
For those that are curious, here’s the image
While they bizarrely show the same Series 1 minis in the box window, the rest shows a pretty good array of the actual set.
And the insert image shows the rares in the upper portion, with the red tops, black tops, and a silver Bar Kist

(Image removed from quote.)

I thought that those series 1 minis in the box window was surely bizarre as well!  And good eye on those rares.  I'm just hoping to get each title and hope the rare versions come in "regular" ones as well.  For what it's worth, I asked SI on their Facebook page when and where I could expect to purchase these, and they just responded with a generic comment about staying tuned to their social media for more details.  I can't imagine they don't have a date in mind, but little that company does surprises me.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »
Did everyone eventually get all of the Series One titles? I never got Jail-O or Jerkson's Baby Plasters, and those two titles do NOT show up on e-bay. I spent my entire lunch hour reading through 48 pages of postings about Series 1. Did SI get any better or more honest with the distribution methods for Series 2? It's gonna affect how many (if any) Series 3 minis I buy...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 10:42:06 AM by JailOJohn »