Author Topic: Series 3 Minis  (Read 63485 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: Series 3 Minis
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2021, 08:19:52 PM »
I hate their chaser and distribution model, but at least it is something to open…

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2021, 10:38:23 PM »
I hate their chaser and distribution model, but at least it is something to open…

I much preferred the Series 2 chaser model.  And, I think it is great to be able to find Wackys in retail stores again! 

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:12 AM »
Agreed. To open anything wacky related is a treat…

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »
I much preferred the Series 2 chaser model.  And, I think it is great to be able to find Wackys in retail stores again!

I did too. At least the rares were title variations (sparkle, black tops, gold) I would still go after but not feel as bad as when the chase is a unique title. If they continue that model, it also gives you a pretty good idea how much you would be shelling out for a complete base mini and sticker set.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 12:10:15 PM »
Damn...every time I see a new post on this thread I'm hoping it's news about Series 3!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2021, 06:04:58 PM »
Damn...every time I see a new post on this thread I'm hoping it's news about Series 3!

I know that Ser 1 and 2 made a lot of people think twice about buying anymore of them, but all I have to say about Ser 3 is it better be out next month and the colation must be better.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2021, 03:39:22 AM »

I know that Ser 1 and 2 made a lot of people think twice about buying anymore of them, but all I have to say about Ser 3 is it better be out next month and the colation must be better.

Why the immediate need for Series 3?  We're going to be busy with November and December monthly Wackys, plus Old School!  My wallet can use a rest.  The minis are probably stuck at a port or in a warehouse somewhere, in holiday rush season.

I doubt that they will do anything different with collation - it seems to be their SOP to give each major vendor their own exclusive "common" pieces.  I just hope they stick with the series 2 model where the "rare" pieces are color variations of common pieces.

Slightly off topic: I had very few trick-or-treaters this year, but there was a pair of girls about 11 years old who were beyond thrilled with the minis I gave them.  Wish I had given each of them a box full but they caught me by surprise!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 03:42:13 AM by RawGoo »

Offline drono

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2021, 05:17:01 AM »
The minis are probably stuck at a port or in a warehouse somewhere, in holiday rush season.

They should ship everything to the US/Mexico border; it's open 24-7-365!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2021, 01:10:08 PM »
all I have to say about Ser 3 is it better be out next month and the colation must be better.
Yeah, you hear that, SI? Let's move it or we're goin' to sic Shoe on your lyin' asses!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2021, 01:11:37 PM »
 >:D
They should ship everything to the US/Mexico border; it's open 24-7-365!

TRU DAT MY WACKY BROTHEREM >:D >:D

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »
Yeah, you hear that, SI? Let's move it or we're goin' to sic Shoe on your lyin' asses!

LOL Sir, You are da Man.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 04:01:46 PM »
On Instagram, a user named roccothegreat has posted an advance look at some Series 3 minis including an “unboxing” video of one cup.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »
On Instagram, a user named roccothegreat has posted an advance look at some Series 3 minis including an “unboxing” video of one cup.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
What the hell! Some random person does this Instagram photo and video, when SI can't even preview these on their own website?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2021, 09:31:38 AM »
What the hell! Some random person does this Instagram photo and video, when SI can't even preview these on their own website?
They’re on their sales page.
Another 82 piece set
And every piece visible or on the packaging is Original Series.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2021, 09:57:21 AM »
What the Heck?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2021, 10:08:23 AM »
So we should be seeing store reports soon?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
So we should be seeing store reports soon?

I visit Targets on most days.  I will let you know when they hit.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2021, 04:38:58 AM »
Looks like Series 3 is going to be mainly vintage titles!! I don't collect these as much as you guys, but I want a lot of these.

From what I can tell by the checklist on the image, it appears the soda can titles are going to be rares?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:42:44 AM by Swiski »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2021, 09:52:13 AM »
I still cannot find even a mention on Super Impulse’s web site. Maybe this is what  they want? Buildvup demand until we all rush Target????

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2021, 10:17:18 AM »
Alright Friends, I know people lie, and some of you have been lied to by Super Impulse, but on a lark, I just shot off an e-mail to their faceless, nameless e-mail address that is listed on their website, asking when Series 3 will hit stores. The reply I got was "around Dec. 15" followed by a smiling emoji. At least that is not (very) vague. I believe them because I want it to be true. If this really happens, do your Christmas shopping accordingly.....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 10:24:05 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
Looks like Series 3 is going to be mainly vintage titles!! I don't collect these as much as you guys, but I want a lot of these.

From what I can tell by the checklist on the image, it appears the soda can titles are going to be rares?

Glad to hear they are mostly vintage titles, but I hope the soda cans aren't rare.  And, I know I'm being greedy here and it ain't gonna happen, but I'd love to see booze and cigs included in the sets :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
Alright Friends, I know people lie, and some of you have been lied to by Super Impulse, but on a lark, I just shot off an e-mail to their faceless, nameless e-mail address that is listed on their website, asking when Series 3 will hit stores. The reply I got was "around Dec. 15" followed by a smiling emoji. At least that is not (very) vague. I believe them because I want it to be true. If this really happens, do your Christmas shopping accordingly.....

Targets get their shipments weekly. You need to look to see if they have Excell Marketing boxes yet to be packed out. Ask a mgr and they will pull them for you.

Andrew

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2021, 11:10:09 AM »
I totally want that Martian Hats mini.....

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2021, 11:56:20 AM »

looks like a mix, but mostly Soda cans
6-Urp, Dr. Popper, STD Oil, Mountain Goo, Pupsi, Dull Pineapple

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2021, 01:05:04 PM »
How DARE they make Pupsi and Mountain Goo rares! Those are both great titles...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 01:05:13 PM »
looks like a mix, but mostly Soda cans
6-Urp, Dr. Popper, STD Oil, Mountain Goo, Pupsi, Dull Pineapple

(Image removed from quote.)

A solid, but not spectacular lineup of the rare ones.  The Pupsi is the only stellar one in my opinion.  I just hope they aren't ridiculously hard to come by.

By the way, F&S, where did you find the pic of the checklist?

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
It’s from that fourth image on the right in the image I posted earlier. Swiski also posted it.
I just zoomed in and straightened it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2021, 02:09:03 PM »
A solid, but not spectacular lineup of the rare ones.  The Pupsi is the only stellar one in my opinion.  I just hope they aren't ridiculously hard to come by.

So they went in a different direction with this release and went back to having the rares be unique titles like they did with series 1. This will make the rares more valuable since you need them to have a complete collection of titles. The rares were clear sparkle in series 2 and many people didn't bother collecting them.
No sign of a gold rare which is a good thing also. We have not seen the other side of the checklist yet right? More info may be forthcoming.

Andrew

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »
So they went in a different direction with this release and went back to having the rares be unique titles like they did with series 1. This will make the rares more valuable since you need them to have a complete collection of titles. The rares were clear sparkle in series 2 and many people didn't bother collecting them.
No sign of a gold rare which is a good thing also. We have not seen the other side of the checklist yet right? More info may be forthcoming.

Andrew

It seems to me the word "rare" is a meaningless one in Super Impulse world.  I mean, we had "rares" like Minute Mud and Ebayer in series 1.  We had a clear and red sparkles, the "walmart 4", ones unique to multipacks, gold, and who knows what else in series 2.  I just want to get at least one of each unique title.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »
It seems to me the word "rare" is a meaningless one in Super Impulse world.  I mean, we had "rares" like Minute Mud and Ebayer in series 1.  We had a clear and red sparkles, the "walmart 4", ones unique to multipacks, gold, and who knows what else in series 2.  I just want to get at least one of each unique title.

Rare lately has meant two rares per 24 count case. The rares were 1 per 48 cups in series 1. They are 1 per 12 cups in series 2. Time will tell what the ratio is in series 3.   "Really rares" were one per 72 cups in series 2. 

Andrew

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2021, 07:15:58 PM »
Rare lately has meant two rares per 24 count case. The rares were 1 per 48 cups in series 1. They are 1 per 12 cups in series 2. Time will tell what the ratio is in series 3.   "Really rares" were one per 72 cups in series 2. 

Andrew

The checklist is fuzzy trying to check it out.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »

I believe there is a Pupsi-Cola mini on that checklist!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »

I can definitely tell what a few are, but not many.  I really wish they would do a trading card one.  Seems easy enough and there were certainly some classics that could be used.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2021, 12:40:09 AM »
I can definitely tell what a few are, but not many.  I really wish they would do a trading card one.  Seems easy enough and there were certainly some classics that could be used.

Wormy Packages!

anything