Author Topic: Wikipedia Wacky Packages article altered  (Read 9794 times)

Offline mikecho

Re: Wikipedia Wacky Packages article altered
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2022, 09:25:28 PM »
Stop reading the page?
Yes, maybe, but I'd just like to wipe the slate clean just to spite them all. Then, maybe I can go back to editing without even having an account. That'll put them in their place for sure.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 09:27:56 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
Now I just found out I've been banned on Wikipedia and they didn't even have the decency to tell me to my face! Now what do I do? I can't even make an appeal to be unbanned, or delete my account so I can start all over again! This isn't fair! Who are the dummies behind this spiteful treatment and why are they doing this to me?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 04:50:59 PM by mikecho »

Offline drono

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2022, 10:02:25 AM »
Now I just found out I've been banned on Wikipedia and they didn't even have the decency to tell me to my face! Now what do I do? I can't even make an appeal to be unbanned, or delete my account so I can start all over again!

How are they banning you?  By IP address?  If not, then what's to stop you from just creating a new account as John Smith and editing away?  If they are, what's to stop you from using a proxy service to spoof your IP?  It seems like nothing on the Internet is impenetrable if you know how to get around it.

Excuse my naivety; I've never considered editing a wiki page, so I have no idea how the process works.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2022, 03:39:41 PM »
How are they banning you?  By IP address?  If not, then what's to stop you from just creating a new account as John Smith and editing away?  If they are, what's to stop you from using a proxy service to spoof your IP?  It seems like nothing on the Internet is impenetrable if you know how to get around it.

Excuse my naivety; I've never considered editing a wiki page, so I have no idea how the process works.
They've blocked my ability to create a new account as well. I've got no choice but to hope someone on there takes pity on me and decides to un-ban me.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2022, 08:33:27 PM »
They've blocked my ability to create a new account as well. I've got no choice but to hope someone on there takes pity on me and decides to un-ban me.
With all the editing work you do for greg's site and given he has time to fight ebay for weeks about a $30 item he didn't receive in a timely manner from someone who died of covid, can't he help you with this fight?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/