Author Topic: Greenies/Queenies - a Wacky fundraiser  (Read 1584 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Greenies/Queenies - a Wacky fundraiser
« on: July 02, 2023, 03:07:12 PM »
This past Christmas, I lost my beloved pup Lucky after over a decade of wonderful companionship.  She was 17, but I adopted her at a time when her age, 7 years, was discouraging other potential adopters from choosing her.  As a way to memorialize her, combined with my Wacky obsession, I commissioned a Wacky artist to paint a custom Wacky.  I chose Greenies, as they were one of Lucky’s favorite treats, and opted for a “regal” theme as I often referred to her as a princess.  Because I thought it would be fun to have this painting in trading card form and as a way to raise a little money for the shelter from which I adopted Lucky, I printed out some cards with the art on the front and some information on the back.

I’m now selling these cards with all the proceeds going to Helping Paws Shelter, www.helpingpaws.net, in Woodstock IL.  Cards are $8 each or 3 for $20 (shipping included).  In a few weeks, I’m planning to put these on ebay at $10 or 3 for $25.  If interested you can pay me at Paypal (zoesfriend@hotmail.com) or Venmo (@Thomas-Theisen1965).  I’ve never done something like this before, but hoping it can help out some pets hoping to be adopted while bringing a little Wackyness into the world.  Let me know if you have any questions :)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:53:44 PM by crackedjerk »

Offline DrDeal

Re: Greenies/Queenies - a Wacky fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 05:03:19 PM »
Sorry for your loss and thanks for looping the forum in on your project. Please advise which artist painted the card?

Regards,  Andrew

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 05:08:14 PM »
I'm in, sight unseen. What a great cause. Can't help them all, that's why its important to help the ones you can.

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 11:44:22 AM »
Super cool card and a great cause! I just sent payment, looking forward to seeing the card. Thank you! Todd B.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 02:10:32 PM »
Touching tribute Tom!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 08:22:59 AM »
Touching tribute Tom!

Awesome Alliteration, Alien Artist!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 07:28:02 AM »
just got my card! I love it! When I go, somebody please do one for me! I hope the fundraising has gone well. Best of Luck!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 07:31:32 AM »
just got my card! I love it! When I go, somebody please do one for me! I hope the fundraising has gone well. Best of Luck!

Yes, wouldn't that be great if we all had our custom Wacky when our time is done.  Maybe kinda morbid, but it's nice to be memoralized in any way and this could be a fitting fashion :)

Thanks, all, for your interest and orders!  Please do keep them coming and I appreciate all the interest.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 06:21:38 AM »
So I just got Queenies framed and thought you all might like to see the final product in great detail:

Also, while this likely won't be the final place I end up displaying it (I'll probably keep it with my Wacky section in my basement display), here's a pic of it in "Lucky's bedroom" (aka the guest bedroom) along with some other dog-themed Wackys, including a sketch Jay Lynch did for my previous dog Maggie.  Yes, I'm a tad obsessed ;)

I hope all who have ordered a card have enjoyed it and please do let me know if anyone else is interested.  Details about ordering are in the first post of this thread.  Thanks!

Tom

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 06:58:59 AM »
Was Maggie named after the “Cram Maggie” dog?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 07:07:29 AM »
Was Maggie named after the “Cram Maggie” dog?

Maggie came pre-named, and I decided to keep the name, perhaps due to an unconscious affection for Cram :)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 05:45:59 AM »
And it wasn't a Kickstarter campaign.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 06:23:45 AM »
And it wasn't a Kickstarter campaign.

No, if you're referring to Queenies, this is something I've done entirely on my own to support the shelter, Helping Paws, from which I adopted my dog.