Author Topic: Wacky Packages pack opening simulator  (Read 2495 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Wacky Packages pack opening simulator
« on: August 01, 2021, 12:52:49 PM »
Forgive me, but i recently saw somebody on one of these threads about opening OS packs post a link that let you click on a series and it opened a pack virtually. I cannot find that pack opening simulator anywhere…can someone re-post it or point me towards it?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages pack opening simulator
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »
Forgive me, but i recently saw somebody on one of these threads about opening OS packs post a link that let you click on a series and it opened a pack virtually. I cannot find that pack opening simulator anywhere…can someone re-post it or point me towards it?

This is a link on Greg Grant's site:  /http://www.wackypacks.com/miscellaneous/openapack/

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 01:23:02 PM »
Thanks! You just saved me hundreds of dollars…

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:38:11 PM »
Thanks! You just saved me hundreds of dollars…

It’s a lot of fun, but the results are not consistent with accumulated knowledge about Topps pack collation. Just sayin’ 😁

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:37:19 PM »
How so? I assume someone looked at sheets and calculated odds for frequency of a given title. I WOULD note that i was opening virtual 10th series packs, trying for Pupsi, and several times, i git a pack with only one sticker…don’t ever remember that happening back in the day…

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 06:30:50 PM »
How so? I assume someone looked at sheets and calculated odds for frequency of a given title. I WOULD note that i was opening virtual 10th series packs, trying for Pupsi, and several times, i git a pack with only one sticker…don’t ever remember that happening back in the day…

The collation of stickers in packs follows a particular pattern on the sheet which this simulator ignores.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 06:33:30 PM »
The one sticker thing (and sometimes missing gum) were intentional to reproduce the kinds of errors many of us remember experiencing back in the day.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 09:29:54 PM »
The one sticker thing (and sometimes missing gum) were intentional to reproduce the kinds of errors many of us remember experiencing back in the day.

I remember getting only one sticker a few times, but never no gum.  Broken gum, yes  :]

anything