Author Topic: 2010 October PHILY SHOW  (Read 44860 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: 2010 October PHILY SHOW
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010, 08:06:03 PM »
It seems there are several people who want to get a couple of the 3+gum packs but don't want a whole box (me included).  Would people be interested in going in together on a box and packing it out?  I would be willing to buy a box from Topps and then sell packs to anyone interested at cost + shipping.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
I'm interested in any mechanism for getting all of the packs that exist. I wish there was some way to buy everything from a single source, but I guess that's no longer realistic.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
Just wanted to let you know we miss having you around Bro Shue.

Thank you Martin, It's nice to know I'm liked here.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
Broshoe sounds like some sort of cheese....LOL

LOL Good one Gary.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
I may be there.  Not sure yet.

Hope you can make it Frank.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 05:38:45 AM »
Can someone here please do me a really big favor? I collect Star Wars cards and would like to get one of the Star Wars Galaxy promos they will be handing out at the Philly Show. I am not asking for the card for free, but anything's better than eBay. If you can help me out, please PM me to let me know I'm covered. Thanks!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »
Can someone here please do me a really big favor? I collect Star Wars cards and would like to get one of the Star Wars Galaxy promos they will be handing out at the Philly Show. I am not asking for the card for free, but anything's better than eBay. If you can help me out, please PM me to let me know I'm covered. Thanks!

I plan on buying admission packages (if they allow it again).  Have you heard they will come with these promos they hand out with admission? 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:37 AM »
I plan on buying admission packages (if they allow it again).  Have you heard they will come with these promos they hand out with admission? 
I am going to do the same.  I will buy as many admissions as they allow me and will assume folks here will keep me whole on costs.  I think last year they allowed us to buy an extra admission.  I bought the (2) two day admissions which allowed me 4 packages so I am hoping to be able to get 4 so the stuff in the extra three can be sent around to folks in need here.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
Haven't heard anything new about an OLDS promo or flyer for the show. If they are not ready I will just send out a mass email and people can send me an SASE like last time when they are ready.

If you are not already on my mailing list then PM me your email. You already know if you are on that list if you received Old School emails from me in the past.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
i wont be able to attend again ... I will make it again one of these times!  Anyhoo, if someone could please hook a brother up with any exclusive show WP promos i would really appreciate it and im sure i could work something out for your troubles.  Thanks.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
I just had a horrible realization - the Yankees are playing at home Saturday evening.  Traffic could be murder on my way home!!  Bad enough in May it took me an entire hour just to get from the GW Bridge through the Bronx and over the Throg's Neck.  Think I'll look into Staten Island, but I've never had luck driving there........

Offline bandaches

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »
I just had a horrible realization - the Yankees are playing at home Saturday evening.  Traffic could be murder on my way home!!  Bad enough in May it took me an entire hour just to get from the GW Bridge through the Bronx and over the Throg's Neck.  Think I'll look into Staten Island, but I've never had luck driving there........
Plan to head home after the game starts but before it ends or well before the game starts, just avoid that 1-2 hour period before game time and the first hour after the game.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »

You mean they didn't already beat the Twins?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »
You mean they didn't already beat the Twins?

Hey Mike, We own the Twins-LOL.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »

I was hoping for the Twins vs. the Rangers  - an all ex-Washington Senators ALCS!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:25 AM »
I'm not gonna make the show this time.   :03:

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:25 AM »

Me either but I would like to meet a lot of you.  I met three guys from the old forum once in Bloomingon MN

Offline Swiski

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

Sorry to hear you have to back out too. Hopefully someone can set me up with the Star Wars Galaxy promo. I also hope someone like SlamJim can set ALL of us up with an affordable Old School 2 promo. Turbo has one on eBay now for about $18!!!!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »

Just a quick report about the show today......we had a fun time.  Bill F. made it and it was nice to finally meet him in person, and Mark Bauer (Campy) made it from Indiana!, and it was nice to meet him as well. 

Mike J. was behind the Topps booth and handed-out the series 2 promos.  He also had some cool vintage items in a display box that will eventually hit ebay through the Vault. 

I spent the first couple of hours searching the through the tables, and then we had the typical gathering near the snack joint to trade/buy etc.   

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
Sorry to hear you have to back out too. Hopefully someone can set me up with the Star Wars Galaxy promo. I also hope someone like SlamJim can set ALL of us up with an affordable Old School 2 promo. Turbo has one on eBay now for about $18!!!!

I can hook you up with the Star Wars promo, assuming I got one in the package!  I didn't pay attention to anything non-Wacky related so I need to sort through them once I get home.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »
Besides Old School 2, did the Topps booth feature anything on their plans for a 7th. Wacky Packages postcard series before 2010 is over and/or plans for Wacky Packages ANS8 for 2011 release?

Did the Topps booth have any GPK Flashback 2 promo card as well besides a Wacky Packages Old School 2 promo card?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
I can hook you up with the Star Wars promo, assuming I got one in the package!  I didn't pay attention to anything non-Wacky related so I need to sort through them once I get home.

Thanks! You might have to get this card directly from the Topps booth.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2010, 03:46:28 AM »
Just a quick report about the show today......we had a fun time.  Bill F. made it and it was nice to finally meet him in person, and Mark Bauer (Campy) made it from Indiana!, and it was nice to meet him as well. 

Mike J. was behind the Topps booth and handed-out the series 2 promos.  He also had some cool vintage items in a display box that will eventually hit ebay through the Vault. 

I spent the first couple of hours searching the through the tables, and then we had the typical gathering near the snack joint to trade/buy etc.   

Good report Rob, It was great seeing you, all the guys, and Sandy yesterday. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet Bill F.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2010, 06:17:28 AM »
Were there any other Wacky finds besides the Topps booth?

Offline Kook

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2010, 06:48:34 AM »

I spent the first couple of hours searching through the tables, and then we had the typical gathering near the snack joint to trade/buy etc.   

It was nice to finally meet Rob after so many e-mails and deals over the years. I ran a little short on time in the afternoon, but hopefully I will have more time for some trading & talking at the tables next time. Greg, Matt, Ernie, Tom & Marc were very friendly, and made it a pleasant afternoon, with a special thank you to Dave (Paul Maul) for checking out my unopened pack collection with his expert eye. It was mostly good news, so I was happy about that.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:26 AM »
I, for one, was bummed that you didn't make it, Pat. Sorry we missed each other again.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:47 AM »
I, for one, was bummed that you didn't make it, Pat. Sorry we missed each other again.

I'm sorry too.  Hopefully the spring show will be a killer!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
Thanks! You might have to get this card directly from the Topps booth.
I bought a two day admission and got two sets of the promo packs.  I don't want either of them.  I have a pile of people who sent me private messages before the show asking for promo packs but I believe they were assuming there would be great wackys in them.  The only wacky in the promo pack is the Croca Cola that we all have 100 of my now.  One person still wants the promo pack so if none of the others who wrote me want it, it is yours as I have added you to the list.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »
It was nice to finally meet Rob after so many e-mails and deals over the years. I ran a little short on time in the afternoon, but hopefully I will have more time for some trading & talking at the tables next time. Greg, Matt, Ernie, Tom & Marc were very friendly, and made it a pleasant afternoon, with a special thank you to Dave (Paul Maul) for checking out my unopened pack collection with his expert eye. It was mostly good news, so I was happy about that.
It was great meeting you too.  I loved the lesson we were getting from the grand master of packs, Paul Maul, on how to spot fakes.  It is very disconcerting that there are so many fake packs, even common ones.   Between getting that lesson, getting my missing COA for my Stench Berries Sketch(that is now owned by Campy), selling off all of the non-wacky stuff I got with the punched diecuts collection that was for sale here recently, picking up a 1982 cereal pack and finding a rare 11th yellow wrapper in Roxanne's stash that i needed that she gave me for free for my helping her all these years and getting the 1982 OPC pack/wrapper I needed from Paul Maul, it was really a good day!

I do worry about the future of the show, the number of dealers is falling fast and there were very few dealers with good wackys.  I got word circulating with the dealers that they should use the extra space to set up trading tables INSIDE the show.  Keeping people in the room may spike sales, maybe encourage folks to stay longer and would give us a larger area to trade instead of having to "rent" the cafe tables for the afternoon.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
I loved the lesson we were getting from the grand master of packs, Paul Maul, on how to spot fakes.  It is very disconcerting that there are so many fake packs, even common ones.

I wonder if Dave has considered writing up a primer on spotting fake packs?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
I wonder if Dave has considered writing up a primer on spotting fake packs?

Greg and I actually started to do this last fall. We took some pictures of fakes and I wrote some stuff up. My biggest concern is that such a document would help pack fakers as much as it would help potential victims. If anyone wants information about it feel free to contact me. I would be willing give a little presentation about it at one of the shows time permitting, because it's a lot easier to explain in person than in words.

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
I do worry about the future of the show, the number of dealers is falling fast and there were very few dealers with good wackys.  I got word circulating with the dealers that they should use the extra space to set up trading tables INSIDE the show.  Keeping people in the room may spike sales, maybe encourage folks to stay longer and would give us a larger area to trade instead of having to "rent" the cafe tables for the afternoon.
It was nice seeing everyone again.  I missed some of you as my wife and I left before 2PM to get home before the traffic and to take care of our dog.  Thankfully I collect other non-sport cards because the vintage Wacky stuff was not much. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
It was nice seeing everyone again.  I missed some of you as my wife and I left before 2PM to get home before the traffic and to take care of our dog.  Thankfully I collect other non-sport cards because the vintage Wacky stuff was not much. 
It was good seeing you too, sorry you had to leave so early, tough to really catch up as the morning is pretty much used up in visiting tables.  Hope you found some good stuff!

Offline Beanball

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »

I wished you owned the Tigers, then we could be both of you. They were horrible after the All Star Game. Sheesh.
Hope everyone had a fun time at the show.
Again, I'm at my other playground again. Cedar Point. The weather was a fabulous 75 and sunny today. Couldn't pass
it up.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
I got word circulating with the dealers that they should use the extra space to set up trading tables INSIDE the show.  Keeping people in the room may spike sales, maybe encourage folks to stay
longer and would give us a larger area to trade instead of having to "rent" the cafe tables for the afternoon.

That's a GREAT idea. Do you think they have enough space for that?  What if they used the room on the right side of the snack bar? That would be better than nothing.  I can talk to Roxanne before the next show to see what she thinks.