Author Topic: 2010 October PHILY SHOW  (Read 44670 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: 2010 October PHILY SHOW
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »
I wished you owned the Tigers, then we could be both of you. They were horrible after the All Star Game. Sheesh.
Hope everyone had a fun time at the show.
Again, I'm at my other playground again. Cedar Point. The weather was a fabulous 75 and sunny today. Couldn't pass
it up.

On behalf of myself and other Yankee fans, We want to say Thank you to you and the Tiger fans for sending us Granderson & Thames-Yes we do-LOL. And BTW "Damon who".

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
That's a GREAT idea. Do you think they have enough space for that?  What if they used the room on the right side of the snack bar? That would be better than nothing.  I can talk to Roxanne before the next show to see what she thinks.

I think us getting a table for ourselves for the spring show would be an excellent idea, Many of the people in charge of the show didn't care for us hogging most of the tables even though we were actually eating there as well.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
That's a GREAT idea. Do you think they have enough space for that?  What if they used the room on the right side of the snack bar? That would be better than nothing.  I can talk to Roxanne before the next show to see what she thinks.
Jasperson said he would mention it to Roxanne.  When I went to her table to discuss the idea, she wasn't there and I forgot to go back as I wanted to get home to enjoy some of the great weather and hook up with some friends who were in town.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
Did anybody happen to take any pics at the show?  I wanted to see what was in the Topps display case.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »
Bill, I don't have any pics, but the only vintage items that were in the display that I recall were some display boxes they had made from unused file copies (I recall the Weakies poster box, an 8th and a 12th). I don't remember anything else noteworthy on the vintage end.

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
Thanks Dave!  I thought there might be some test items.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »
Bill, I don't have any pics, but the only vintage items that were in the display that I recall were some display boxes they had made from unused file copies (I recall the Weakies poster box, an 8th and a 12th). I don't remember anything else noteworthy on the vintage end.

Wasn't there some kind of Weakies art as well?  I didn't get a good look at it but it looked like it had notes around it.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »
Wasn't there some kind of Weakies art as well?  I didn't get a good look at it but it looked like it had notes around it.
The original art to the weakiers poster box was there.  I thought that was very cool!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
I just had a horrible realization - the Yankees are playing at home Saturday evening.  Traffic could be murder on my way home!!  Bad enough in May it took me an entire hour just to get from the GW Bridge through the Bronx and over the Throg's Neck.  Think I'll look into Staten Island, but I've never had luck driving there........

The ONLY reason why I'm NOT going is because the roads and signage through the Philly area was abosolutely a NIGHTMARE. We got lost for a longer amount of time than what the whole trip should of taken. There were detours sending you off into all different directions, with no indications as to where you are going or how to get back to the road you just left! And no-one could give any directions who I asked, but they all tried instead of just saying, "I don't know". It's 2010. With all the technology and taxes that have been paid through the years, you think that the roads would be nearly perfect besides mantenance. Even one of the Toll people gave me wrong directions - left out a major turn, right in the beginning of leaving that Toll, and I was off in the wrong direction. Later, I got more directions for another Toll person - who's were better, but still missed major turns (I wrote it down) had a suspition that we were going to be headed in the wrong direction, so asked the car next to us at the red light, and thank God they were headed in the same direction we were. A total NIGHTMARE on Elm Street and every other Street.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2010, 07:43:51 PM »
Oh, sorry about the rant there, it was cool meeting a lot of the members there last year though. Just wish it was easier to get to.

So the Crock a Cobra was the only promotional item? Wasn't there a Olds 2 promo sticker and perhaps a few other neat items?

I thought there may have been some cool new Halloween Postcard Series.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
The ONLY reason why I'm NOT going is because the roads and signage through the Philly area was abosolutely a NIGHTMARE. We got lost for a longer amount of time than what the whole trip should of taken. There were detours sending you off into all different directions, with no indications as to where you are going or how to get back to the road you just left! And no-one could give any directions who I asked, but they all tried instead of just saying, "I don't know". It's 2010. With all the technology and taxes that have been paid through the years, you think that the roads would be nearly perfect besides mantenance. Even one of the Toll people gave me wrong directions - left out a major turn, right in the beginning of leaving that Toll, and I was off in the wrong direction. Later, I got more directions for another Toll person - who's were better, but still missed major turns (I wrote it down) had a suspition that we were going to be headed in the wrong direction, so asked the car next to us at the red light, and thank God they were headed in the same direction we were. A total NIGHTMARE on Elm Street and every other Street.

GPS is your friend!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »
The ONLY reason why I'm NOT going is because the roads and signage through the Philly area was abosolutely a NIGHTMARE.

I'm confused. The show is in Allentown, not Philly. It's also one of the easiest shows to get to I've ever attended. You get off Route 78 and the show is about 100 yards away.

Where were you coming from?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2010, 07:43:19 AM »
I'm confused. The show is in Allentown, not Philly. It's also one of the easiest shows to get to I've ever attended. You get off Route 78 and the show is about 100 yards away.

Where were you coming from?

He must be coming south of Philly, but there's no reason to have to get off the highway until you get to Allentown.  I use my free Google Maps GPS on my iPhone and it works great.  Your right though, getting to this show location is a piece of cake.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Oh, sorry about the rant there, it was cool meeting a lot of the members there last year though. Just wish it was easier to get to.

So the Crock a Cobra was the only promotional item? Wasn't there a Olds 2 promo sticker and perhaps a few other neat items?

I thought there may have been some cool new Halloween Postcard Series.

Topps was handing out the Olds 2 promo but Dave has mentioned getting a batch for forum members who couldn't get them, so I wouldn't worry about that one.  Plus I heard that Topps will add them in to other releases, so I doubt it will turn out to be a rare one.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:31 AM »
Topps was handing out the Olds 2 promo but Dave has mentioned getting a batch for forum members who couldn't get them, so I wouldn't worry about that one.  Plus I heard that Topps will add them in to other releases, so I doubt it will turn out to be a rare one.

It's a great promo card!  I'm definitely pysched for the new series.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2010, 11:34:56 PM »
He must be coming south of Philly, but there's no reason to have to get off the highway until you get to Allentown.  I use my free Google Maps GPS on my iPhone and it works great.  Your right though, getting to this show location is a piece of cake.

Yeah, I'm just dumb.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm just dumb.

No you are not dumb, And I won't allow you to be. I was really hoping you would have made the show last week, But perhaps you had something else going on that weekend instead. I sure hope you are making plans to attend the spring one next year.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »

No you are not dumb, And I won't allow you to be. I was really hoping you would have made the show last week, But perhaps you had something else going on that weekend instead. I sure hope you are making plans to attend the spring one next year.

Hey thanks Mark for the vote of confidence. If I do attend anther show, since it is really in Allentown, I will take an alternate route rather than go through Philly. Those streets are seriously *&!?%# (censored). I will go parkway north then cut over or take 206.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
Hey thanks Mark for the vote of confidence. If I do attend anther show, since it is really in Allentown, I will take an alternate route rather than go through Philly. Those streets are seriously *&!?%# (censored). I will go parkway north then cut over or take 206.
Don't you live in NJ?  The show is literally like 100 yards off Route 78, go two lights, make a right, you are there.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »

I didn't know there were streets in Allentown named !@#$%^&* And so on-LOL. I hope I never have to encounter them.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2010, 06:06:28 AM »
In case I forgot to send a PM...a big thank you to those who sent me a Star Wars Galaxy promo and a OS2 promo! I hope I can return the favor one day.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:21 AM »
In case I forgot to send a PM...a big thank you to those who sent me a Star Wars Galaxy promo and a OS2 promo! I hope I can return the favor one day.

I'm glad I could send you the Mister Faulty promo.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »

I'm glad I could send you the Mister Faulty promo.

Thanks for my promo, Mark!  It looks great!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
Any other Mr. Faulty Promo's out there? I wasn't at the show and definately would like to get one. Would pay if anyone here picked up any extra's for forum members. LMK by PM. Thanks

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »
Any other Mr. Faulty Promo's out there? I wasn't at the show and definately would like to get one. Would pay if anyone here picked up any extra's for forum members. LMK by PM. Thanks
I am hoping to get one too.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
I am hoping to get one too.

Dave said he would get a batch for forum members so I think you guys should be fine.  They are selling for @ $5.00 on ebay so it's not a tough one to get.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
Dave said he would get a batch for forum members so I think you guys should be fine.  They are selling for @ $5.00 on ebay so it's not a tough one to get.
I have 4, playbug and Head n Boulders get the first two.  Next two folks who DO NOT HAVE ONE ALREADY to respond here get the remaining two.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
I'll take one if there's one left.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
I have 4, playbug and Head n Boulders get the first two.  Next two folks who DO NOT HAVE ONE ALREADY to respond here get the remaining two.

I'd like one if it's still available.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »

I'd like one if it's still available.
Done, all 4 of my extras are claimed.  Please PM me your addresses and I will get these out to you this week.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »
Done, all 4 of my extras are claimed.  Please PM me your addresses and I will get these out to you this week.

Thanks Ernie!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
Thanks Ernie!
These have all been mailed out so you should all be receiving them shortly. No payment or anything needed, this was easy and cheap to send out, Enjoy!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »
Hey Ernie, I got the old school promo in the mail today.  Thanks a lot for sending it.  I really do appreciate it.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
Hey Ernie, I got the old school promo in the mail today.  Thanks a lot for sending it.  I really do appreciate it.
Cool, thanks for the feedback that it arrived safely!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
I really love the card