Author Topic: New Christmas Postcards Coming!  (Read 1936 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
New Christmas Postcards Coming!
« on: November 08, 2023, 12:45:53 PM »
     To celebrate the Holiday Season with everyone on the Forum, a group of artists has banded together to put out a special Christmas Charity Parody Postcard Set! Along the lines of similar sets from years past, we will have several Holiday-themed postcards available for purchase in time for Christmas! We anticipate the set costing $30, and once postage costs have been covered, the rest will be donated to Toys for Tots! One artist has even agreed to offer his painting as a prize to a randomly selected purchaser! Other final art will be available for purchase from the artists. Although this is not an "official" Wacky Packages product, you should easily recognize the artists and the humor! We have Topps' permission on this, so don't worry about the Grinch ruining the fun! We are not opening up sales just yet, but sock away some dough so you can enjoy this Holiday Treat! - Ho! Ho! Ho!

Offline quas

Re: New Christmas Postcards Coming!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 02:32:03 PM »
Sounds great in every way!
Marc

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 09:51:41 PM »
I'd definitely be in for a set!  Sounds fun--and helpful to some worthy charity that could use the funds.  I just hope there's not a bunch of chasers.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 02:36:33 AM »
Great news!  Looking forward to this charitable set!

Andrew

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 08:39:58 AM »
I'd definitely be in for a set!  Sounds fun--and helpful to some worthy charity that could use the funds.  I just hope there's not a bunch of chasers.

Your wish is granted! We are offering the entire kit and kaboodle for $30! Nothing to chase or parallel! No funny stuff (except for the cards themselves!)

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 11:58:28 AM »
Your wish is granted! We are offering the entire kit and kaboodle for $30! Nothing to chase or parallel! No funny stuff (except for the cards themselves!)

:1rij: :a035: :1rij:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 12:05:37 PM »

Finally some GREAT NEWS!!!  :bravo_2:  I love kit and kaboodles for just $30...I just might order more. For charity of course.  ;)

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 04:27:59 PM »
     To celebrate the Holiday Season with everyone on the Forum, a group of artists has banded together to put out a special Christmas Charity Parody Postcard Set! Along the lines of similar sets from years past, we will have several Holiday-themed postcards available for purchase in time for Christmas! We anticipate the set costing $30, and once postage costs have been covered, the rest will be donated to Toys for Tots! One artist has even agreed to offer his painting as a prize to a randomly selected purchaser! Other final art will be available for purchase from the artists. Although this is not an "official" Wacky Packages product, you should easily recognize the artists and the humor! We have Topps' permission on this, so don't worry about the Grinch ruining the fun! We are not opening up sales just yet, but sock away some dough so you can enjoy this Holiday Treat! - Ho! Ho! Ho!

SOUNDS GOOOD & PLENTYYYYY!! I AM GAME - I ALSO GIVE TO NEEDY FAMILIES AT XMAS!!  :] :] :]KUDOS TO U GUYS!!!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 08:13:30 AM »
Sounds like a winner all around!  Kudos to the creators for creating this fun and generous idea!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 12:37:00 PM »
Looking forward to it!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 02:14:52 PM »
And from what I've heard, Paul Harris is the copilot and producer of the set, so I have no doubt this will be an oustanding release!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 02:16:53 PM by koduck »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 04:46:30 PM »
And from what I've heard, Paul Harris is the copilot and producer of the set, so I have no doubt this will be an oustanding release!!

Woo-hoo!  Great to hear!  I’ve always considered Paul to be the Santa of the forum, so great to hear he will be gift giving once again!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2023, 05:41:54 AM »
Thanks, and Joe is helping Pete and I to make sure you will love this mini-set,
it's all coming together beautifully!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 05:43:37 AM »
Can I give you guys a little teaser? There will be one NEVER SEEN BEFORE artist in the set! We poached him from CARtoons magazine (another 70s survivor!) where his art is on the cover of the latest issue! Look for his first contribution to parody products in our soon to be released set!

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 08:41:10 AM »
Can I give you guys a little teaser? There will be one NEVER SEEN BEFORE artist in the set! We poached him from CARtoons magazine (another 70s survivor!) where his art is on the cover of the latest issue! Look for his first contribution to parody products in our soon to be released set!

YEEEEEEEEEES!!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 09:46:17 AM »
Okay, I'm in for a set.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 04:46:06 AM »

I love when new artists are introduced to the world of Wackies! It was fun seeing the Guest Artist cards when Topps made the monthly sets.

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 10:02:03 AM »
I love when new artists are introduced to the world of Wackies! It was fun seeing the Guest Artist cards when Topps made the monthly sets.

Yeah their first works are like rookie cards...  :]

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2023, 06:13:33 AM »
They say variety is the spice of life, and if so, our set is spicy! Only 10 postcards, but each is done by a different artist! You've already heard hints about our guest artist, but the other nine are names familiar to any Wacky aficionado! Be sure to save some Christmas jingle to buy a set for your stocking hung with care!

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2023, 06:40:58 AM »
Yeah their first works are like rookie cards...  :]

Great analogy CORNDOG!!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 09:23:32 AM »
The year is going to end with a bang, with this holiday postcard set and Old School 11!!

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2023, 01:50:01 PM »

Though I apologize for the spoiler, I know who the bonus CARtoons artist that contributing=Greg Panneitz, right?

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 01:52:03 PM »
Never heard of him...sounds like a rookie! ;)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 01:55:41 PM »
Maybe in Spring 2024 there might be a Wacky Packages Easter Postcards set to follow up a Christmas Postcards set.