Author Topic: Sweetie Candy Vigilante Comic Variant Art Cover  (Read 406 times)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Sweetie Candy Vigilante Comic Variant Art Cover
« on: February 25, 2024, 03:38:52 PM »
I stumbled across this recently - a variant cover art version of Vol 2 Issue 1 of Sweetie Candy Vigilanted just released by Dynamite.
I have no idea what the comic is about, but a review summed it up as:  It’s fun, lightly grizzly action-horror in a sweet package.

It's really the cover that matters, not the content, with an homage to a familiar Wacky title

Offline drono

Re: Sweetie Candy Vigilante Comic Variant Art Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 11:54:59 AM »
When you go to their web site, they have a link to Osaka Pop Stars who did the Wacky Packages picture disk many years ago.

Also in their store, they have a reversible jacket that is a Wacky Packages inspired similar take off on Cap'n Crunch:
https://store.sweetiecandyvigilante.com/products/osaka-popstar-reversible-embroidered-jacket-osp

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 08:14:34 PM »
When you go to their web site, they have a link to Osaka Pop Stars who did the Wacky Packages picture disk many years ago.

Also in their store, they have a reversible jacket that is a Wacky Packages inspired similar take off on Cap'n Crunch:
https://store.sweetiecandyvigilante.com/products/osaka-popstar-reversible-embroidered-jacket-osp
I remember that Osaka Popstar CD being mentioned on lostwackys.com; in fact, I bought its bonus sticker from its first printing on eBay with the help of a friend a long time ago. The CD and its bonus sticker, I think, were released in the same year as ANS3 was.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:58:25 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 10:31:05 AM »
Dennis, I recall the Osaka Pop Star CD/sticker, but are you referring to the Man Is The Bastard LP picture disc?

Offline drono

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 01:05:55 PM »
Dennis, I recall the Osaka Pop Star CD/sticker, but are you referring to the Man Is The Bastard LP picture disc?

You are correct.  That darn CRS strikes again. 

What a drag it is getting old... but at least in a few days, I'll be eligible to take money out of my IRAs without penalty.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 01:50:39 PM »
What a drag it is getting old...
Beats the alternative.