Author Topic: I guess I am the 1st (Full-Member)  (Read 29095 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: I guess I am the 1st (Full-Member)
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »
Welcome Mark!  Great to see you here.

THANK YOU CHRIS FOR WELCOMING ME HERE, GLAD I TALKED TO YOU TODAY.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
Good to see you over here, Mark.

THANK YOU GARY, RIGHT BACK AT YOU.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
Hey Mark! Great to see you found us...Welcome aboard!!!

THANK YOU RON.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
Brother Shoe!  Glad you are here.

THANK YOU MARTIN, GLAD TO BE ON BOARD HERE, ANCHORS AWEIGH-LOL.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »
THANK YOU CHRIS FOR WELCOMING ME HERE, GLAD I TALKED TO YOU TODAY.
You are most welcome, My Wacky Bro!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
THANK YOU GARY, RIGHT BACK AT YOU.
OOOps, I replied to the wrong message.  You are most welcome, My Wacky Bro!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
Hello all, I guess I am the 1st (Full-Member) WOO HOO!!! I always new I'd be 1st at something...LOL!!! :D
Slow day at the office,I guess I will never make 50 posts!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:26 PM »
hey I mean HEY, this teal color very relaxing,alot better than the invisible pink!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
We'll all get there. Preferably without posting "I agree" 250 times.

I agree also. Hey...notice that we are all the same now? No post count competitions....Hmm.....What is the deal?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »

Hey, by the way, why is it when I look at my board error report it's mostly you with incorrect password? Maybe you should write it down...LOL  :D

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »
I agree also. Hey...notice that we are all the same now? No post count competitions....Hmm.....What is the deal?

Hey, your stars are bigger!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:30:30 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
Hey, by the way, why is it when I look at my board error report it's mostly you with incorrect password? Maybe you should write it down...LOL  :D
I'm probably not too far behind.
for some reason when I save the auto-fill of the name and password and then go to use the auto-fill later, this board tells me the password is incorrect.
I've cleared it out a couple of times now, but every time this board tells me it's the wrong password upon re-use.
I've never had this issue with another site, so there's got to be something screwy with the way the password field is being saved or filled specifically for this board.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
for some reason when I save the auto-fill of the name and password and then go to use the auto-fill later, this board tells me the password is incorrect.
I've cleared it out a couple of times now, but every time this board tells me it's the wrong password upon re-use.
I've never had this issue with another site, so there's got to be something screwy with the way the password field is being saved or filled specifically for this board.
That's strange. I use 1 password to store my passwords and login for my Mac and I flip between accounts without issue. On a PC I would recommend Roboforms. I used Roboforms for almost 10 years now and that is a great program. For Mac's you have to use 1 password.
There shouldn't be an issue with your password. I can manually type it in just fine. Unless it's an issue with capitalization with your user name?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »

I have the same issue.

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
I don't know what the deal is with my password,I just type it in the 2nd time spy vs spy told me  he is having the same issue!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »
Since joining this forum, I have only received a few messages, I hope to hear from many more of you soon
Hi Mark,
Good to see you. Sterling and I are still having fun with the birthday gift you sent me!
That was super cool - thanks again!
Rob

Offline Schmutz

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »

same issue...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
same issue...

You guys are all crazy :-\
There is nothing wrong with the log in. I think it's operator error :]

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
Hi Mark,
Good to see you. Sterling and I are still having fun with the birthday gift you sent me!
That was super cool - thanks again!
Rob

Thank you Rob, Good to hear from you, I'm glad you are still enjoying the b-day gift I sent you. BTW What did I send you, I forget.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

Thank you Rob, Good to hear from you, I'm glad you are still enjoying the b-day gift I sent you. BTW What did I send you, I forget.

And some neat Lost Wackies!  :D  I've never cared for Buggies, but now that I have one, I really like it!   ;D

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
That's strange. I use 1 password to store my passwords and login for my Mac and I flip between accounts without issue. On a PC I would recommend Roboforms. I used Roboforms for almost 10 years now and that is a great program. For Mac's you have to use 1 password.
There shouldn't be an issue with your password. I can manually type it in just fine. Unless it's an issue with capitalization with your user name?
I let Safari handle the auto-fill and password saves for me on my Mac. I've never had a need to use anything else.
even for sites where I have multiple id's and passwords, (e.g. ebay or Greg's old and new forums), I can select the saved off user name I want and Safari plugs in the correct password (they are different) and I'm in. never a problem.
this site keeps f'ing up though. I sign in using the 2 fields near the top left, save the auto fill and I'm in. But if I come back, it says incorrect password and I gotta type it out

it's definitely this site. And now that Karma is gone, this has become my #1 pet peeve for the site.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:53:26 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »
I let Safari handle the auto-fill and password saves for me on my Mac. I've never had a need to use anything else.
even for sites where I have multiple id's and passwords, (e.g. ebay or Greg's old and new forums), I can select the saved off user name I want and Safari plugs in the correct password (they are different) and I'm in. never a problem.
this site keeps f'ing up though. I sign in using the 2 fields near the top left, save the auto fill and I'm in. But if I come back, it says incorrect password and I gotta type it out

it's definitely this site. And now that Karma is gone, this has become my #1 pet peeve for the site.

Have you tried the different log in intervals? I have been using "forever" lately, and it's been good to me.

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 09:29:25 PM »
Have you tried the different log in intervals? I have been using "forever" lately, and it's been good to me.

forever is the only one I've been using. Maybe I should try the others and see if anything works.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
forever is the only one I've been using. Maybe I should try the others and see if anything works.

Worth a try.

Offline BaudLight

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »
I hate to say "me too,"  but, me too!

BaudLight

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »

I have no idea. I use Firefox but that shouldn't matter.
I just tried several times to with both Firefox and Safari both with just manual login and using 1 password. I never got an error. Remember that username and passwords are case sensitive. I am sure you guys are aware of that but want to be clear.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:52:51 AM by BumChex »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »

Couple more things to try:

1) You mentioned you use a saved password. What if you try getting rid of the saved password, restart your browser, and just log in manually?

2) Change your password. Only use numbers and letters for now to see if a "special character" might be causing a problem. Normally those are recommended, but in this case it might be helpful to rule them out as a factor.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome Gum, I'm happy to be here.

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
I have no idea. I use Firefox but that shouldn't matter.
I just tried several times to with both Firefox and Safari both with just manual login and using 1 password. I never got an error. Remember that username and passwords are case sensitive. I am sure you guys are aware of that but want to be clear.
I've used and saved ID's and/or passwords with mixed upper and lower case on numerous sites and never had a problem with any of them. If that's the case here (pun intendeded), then this site is definitely the problem and something is wonky with the way auto-fill is interacting with it.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 12:28:20 PM »
FWIW   -

I access this new forum from 3 different desktop computers (all using Firefox) plus my Android Phone and I-Phone and I never have any log-in issues.  I've never had to re-enter my info unless I actively logout.

My smart phone's login information was never retained at the old forum and since gg added his 2nd forum (the 3-strikes / Ernie-free one) I always have to re-enter my user name and password every time I go there to check my messages, regardless of what computer I'm using.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
Couple more things to try:

1) You mentioned you use a saved password. What if you try getting rid of the saved password, restart your browser, and just log in manually?

2) Change your password. Only use numbers and letters for now to see if a "special character" might be causing a problem. Normally those are recommended, but in this case it might be helpful to rule them out as a factor.

1) I've cleared out and re-saved the user ID and password 4 times now, with a browser restart between at least one of those attempts. Logging in manually works fine.  Re-typing the password after getting a failed password message also works fine. It's just the full auto mode that won't work.

2) I currently don't use a special character. I have enough strong passwords at work with 12 character minimum, letter string max of 3 characters, special characters, caps and numbers all required, etc., etc., that I wanted my wacky life to be a little simpler. But I'll try playing around with the password. Use only lower case letters, lower & upper, lower and numbers, fewer total characters, and see if any of those work.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:46:29 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »
1) I've cleared out and re-saved the user ID and password 4 times now, with a browser restart between at least one of those attempts. Logging in manually works fine.  Re-typing the password after getting a failed password message also works fine. It's just the full auto mode that won't work.

2) I currently don't use a special character. I have enough strong passwords at work with 12 character minimum, letter string max of 3 characters, special characters, caps and numbers all required, etc., etc., that I wanted my wacky life to be a little simpler. But I'll try playing around with the password. Use only lower case letters, lower & upper, lower and numbers, fewer total characters, and see if any of those work.

Good to know that it's the auto-fill feature that seems to have a problem with this site.

If changing passwords doesn't help, maybe something in this msg thread might:
http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?p=480373

Sorry I don't know anything about Safari.

Offline Schmutz

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
I've used and saved ID's and/or passwords with mixed upper and lower case on numerous sites and never had a problem with any of them. If that's the case here (pun intendeded), then this site is definitely the problem and something is wonky with the way auto-fill is interacting with it.

I think the auto fill is using the same default password for all of us and it's obviously wrong. The Username however, is correct (for me at least) every time. Once I reenter my password it works fine. I have tried fire-fox and IE8 it's the same with both browsers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Good to know that it's the auto-fill feature that seems to have a problem with this site.

If changing passwords doesn't help, maybe something in this msg thread might:
http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?p=480373

Sorry I don't know anything about Safari.

You guys should really consider using 1 password. The program works great and you can securely store more then just password. They are small developers and have done a terrific job with the program. I love the way it works in Firefox but it's more buried in Safari because Apple isn't open source. They may even have a free demo to try.

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 07:28:17 AM »
You guys should really consider using 1 password.
nope, not for me.
it's this site that's screwed up and I won't be changing the way I interact with the web and my web browsers just to accommodate the bs of the SMF software (or whatever is causing the issue).
I plan to continue silently cursing this site every time I log on and it tells me my password is incorrect.

speaking of issues with this forum - why does it not show the image that I'm attaching when I use the preview feature?

anything