Author Topic: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2  (Read 92001 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2022, 07:31:57 AM »
The cups are in the system with the correct price of $5.99  if you have the item number punched in at the register. When they scan it the $999.99 price comes up.  Also,  they are on sale this week for $2.99.   I paid that price in two stores yesterday.  Great week to hunt!

Wow, $2.99 per cup is a great sale!  I just wish I could find some.  The hell with the gold Windhex, I just want a damn Jerkens :(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2022, 08:04:25 AM »
Wow, $2.99 per cup is a great sale!  I just wish I could find some.  The hell with the gold Windhex, I just want a damn Jerkens :(

Same here.  The one store I found them in a week ago had nothing left but the empty cup and box.  Hit a new store, no luck.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
     I just got back from searching even farther North, the only thing I found was a price tag " W P MINIS... 5.99 ".

Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2022, 02:59:13 PM »
All I can say about finding these is: Hit all the CVS's you can. You will hit 7 with nothing then 3 with full cases.  So strange.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2022, 05:05:32 PM »
All I can say about finding these is: Hit all the CVS's you can. You will hit 7 with nothing then 3 with full cases.  So strange.

What section of the store are these typically in? We have 3 local CVS stores. I hit all three on the way home tonight. Didn’t see any in candy, toys, seasonal or at checkout.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2022, 02:57:55 AM »
What section of the store are these typically in? We have 3 local CVS stores. I hit all three on the way home tonight. Didn’t see any in candy, toys, seasonal or at checkout.

Seasonal section with seasonal toy area. Almost every store has this section.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #531 on: August 18, 2022, 06:45:28 AM »
Yep, in the Summer Seasonal section, but only in something like 1 in 5 stores.

Here they are at one of the stores near me.
It’s a game of Where’s Waldo.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2022, 07:12:13 AM »
so I know a purchasing manager at CVS and have him checking into this.  I don't know what span of control he has and which products he controls purchasing but he can probably hook me up there too.  Waiting to hear back.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #533 on: August 19, 2022, 12:26:06 PM »
so I know a purchasing manager at CVS and have him checking into this.  I don't know what span of control he has and which products he controls purchasing but he can probably hook me up there too.  Waiting to hear back.

My sense on these is that they are a closeout sale to CVS and other stores. I bet they paid $1.50 per cup.  I doubt these are in the CVS wharehouse.
They probably purchased 5000 12 cup cases and sent them to half of their stores. There are about 9000 CVS stores in the US.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2022, 04:38:42 AM »
Did anyone in the Midwest check their Meijer stores? That's how I scored my variant Commie mini and sticker.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »
Did anyone in the Midwest check their Meijer stores? That's how I scored my variant Commie mini and sticker.

I hit a few stores in Rockford, IL and one in Madison, WI along with calling a few in the southern WI area.  No luck anywhere :(

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2022, 02:54:10 AM »
I hit about 8 cvs stores in philly yesterday. About three stores had a few cups left. It is getting extremely difficult to find an untouched 12 pack case. No restocks. This was an in/out closeout item. The Red Stain Vari's will go down as one tough cookie to find in the wild.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #537 on: August 25, 2022, 08:20:31 AM »
I checked 37 stores last week in a 3 day span.
Only 6 stores had them, bought a total of 47 packs.
Got 1 black Commie stain(sold), 1 Commie dark sticker(on ebay).
This is by far the smallest production run. This product has
come and gone.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2022, 09:35:49 AM »

I stopped at the one we have locally but didn't find them in toys, trading cards, or at the registers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 06:43:42 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
     Scot, hopefully you checked the seasonal, I believe that is where everyone has had luck finding them.

Matt.

Online quas

« Reply #540 on: August 30, 2022, 03:15:15 AM »
Last year it was discovered that there were two variations of the Blunder sticker.  One with the copyright all the way to the right (series 1), and one with the copyright more centered (series 2).  I have seen a dark or "rich color" variation of the variation with the copyright more centered (series 2).  Is there a dark or "rich color" variation of the variation with the copyright all the way to the right (series 1)?  (If so, I'm looking to purchase or trade for one!  :-[)

Here are the pics of the two from the earlier thread:
https://postimg.cc/CBtxj2pf

Marc

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #541 on: August 30, 2022, 05:26:48 AM »

Marc
I’ll just say that that picture leaves a LOT to be desired.
Below is the comparison pic I’ve got posted in the S2 Master List

Yes, there’s a Series 1 dark, that was released in the multipacks.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:39:48 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #542 on: August 30, 2022, 12:53:59 PM »
Last year it was discovered that there were two variations of the Blunder sticker.  One with the copyright all the way to the right (series 1), and one with the copyright more centered (series 2).  I have seen a dark or "rich color" variation of the variation with the copyright more centered (series 2).  Is there a dark or "rich color" variation of the variation with the copyright all the way to the right (series 1)?  (If so, I'm looking to purchase or trade for one!  :-[)

Marc

Marc, please don't laugh at my hand writing.

Online quas

« Reply #543 on: August 30, 2022, 01:11:34 PM »
      Marc, please don't laugh at my hand writing.

Hey, it was perfectly legible!
Marc

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »
and the cups, while old, are definitely a new wave of release
This pic shows the initial version on the left (Target/Walmart), and the CVS version on the right

I was at a Joann's Fabrics store two days ago and found a case of series 2 cups with this info on the side:

There was one cup with the "Red stain" Commie, so I bought that.  I honestly don't care all that much about that variation so I'm planning to sell it.  But I'm also very curious if some of the "rares" (like Jerkens) are inside.  I know I could sell it for more unopened, but also wondering if I'd find anything worthwhile besides some other commons.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2022, 05:27:06 AM »
I was at a Joann's Fabrics store two days ago and found a case of series 2 cups with this info on the side:

There was one cup with the "Red stain" Commie, so I bought that.  I honestly don't care all that much about that variation so I'm planning to sell it.  But I'm also very curious if some of the "rares" (like Jerkens) are inside.  I know I could sell it for more unopened, but also wondering if I'd find anything worthwhile besides some other commons.

Cool! I have a few JoAnn Fabric stores in my area. Hoping to find the Commie Red Stain variation sticker now!

Online quas

« Reply #546 on: September 10, 2022, 05:31:13 AM »
Cool! I have a few JoAnn Fabric stores in my area. Hoping to find the Commie Red Stain variation sticker now!

I have a Commie red variation sticker (dark, rich color) that I would gladly trade for a dark, rich color Blunder variation with the copyright all the way to the right.
Marc

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #547 on: September 10, 2022, 10:17:13 AM »

For what it's worth, I have two in my city, but I believe only one (which is considered some kind of Joann's "superstore", or whatever terminology they use) has had them.  But good luck and let us know what you find!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #548 on: September 19, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
S3 Barkist Chase Mini just sold for $1009.   Crazy!

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: September 19, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »
S3 Barkist Chase Mini just sold for $1009.   Crazy!
Nice.
This one looks like it was part of a totally complete S3 run.
base set + red/green chase + black chase  + complete set of stickers

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #550 on: September 19, 2022, 03:39:05 PM »
This one looks like it was part of a totally complete S3 run.
base set + red/green chase + black chase  + complete set of stickers
Ya, all the rest counts for something, you aren't just getting BarKist. No idea, really, what all the rest is worth ($200-$300?), but I'd say most of the grand is for the BarKist.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #551 on: September 19, 2022, 05:15:08 PM »

I hit about 7 Joann Fabric Stores last week and NADA.  Done with that pursuit. 

Offline Swiski

« Reply #552 on: September 19, 2022, 06:45:37 PM »
I'm not saying that seller is selling a phony item. But hopefully people won't find out a way to "microplate" plastic in metal.

Otherwise, you are going to see a lot of phony Wacky Mini metallic super rares like BarKist and Windhex sold on eBay.

If people can master 3D printing or make counterfeits of anything in print, someone will find a way to make phony Wacky minis.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #553 on: September 20, 2022, 03:40:21 AM »
I'm not saying that seller is selling a phony item. But hopefully people won't find out a way to "microplate" plastic in metal.

Otherwise, you are going to see a lot of phony Wacky Mini metallic super rares like BarKist and Windhex sold on eBay.

If people can master 3D printing or make counterfeits of anything in print, someone will find a way to make phony Wacky minis.

I agree that's a big concern. A person on Greg's forum had Two Gold Windhexs apparently. What are the odds of that?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #554 on: September 21, 2022, 12:59:45 PM »
$1009 Barkist Mini with full set seller cancelled the sale after the buyer paid.  Stated reason: Item lost or Broken.  Not cool.

• Administrator
« Reply #555 on: September 21, 2022, 01:22:49 PM »
$1009 Barkist Mini with full set seller cancelled the sale after the buyer paid.  Stated reason: Item lost or Broken.  Not cool.
eBay should really add the option for:
Item sold after auction close to someone else who offered more money in a message

Online quas

« Reply #556 on: September 21, 2022, 03:07:22 PM »

It could have simply been that buyer and seller agreed to consummate the transaction off ebay, so the seller avoided the fees and the buyer avoided the sales tax.
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #557 on: September 21, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »
It could have simply been that buyer and seller agreed to consummate the transaction off ebay, so the seller avoided the fees and the buyer avoided the sales tax.

I know the buyer. He was canceled.  No email communication at all.   He paid right after the auction ended. It was canceled two days later.

Online quas

« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2022, 11:04:10 PM »
I know the buyer. He was canceled.  No email communication at all.   He paid right after the auction ended. It was canceled two days later.

Wow, in that case, this is outrageous.  I had something like that happen to me where the buyer didn't like the ending price and so canceled the sale and then listed the item as a BIN about a month later.
Marc

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2022, 07:28:38 PM »
The seller relisted it for $3,500 or best offer.

anything