Author Topic: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2  (Read 92009 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2
« Reply #490 on: August 06, 2022, 03:39:24 PM »
My wal mart only has Series One…in 6 cup boxes….

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #491 on: August 06, 2022, 08:50:19 PM »
I'm younger than a lot of people here. I bought trading cards in the early 80s through the early nineties. Originally, I was in first or second grade when I bought Wackys at the local gas station. They were 25 cents a pack. Basically, my Dad would let us kids pick out a candy bar or something similarly priced every time we went to the gas station, around once a week. I bought Wackys and then later GPKs when those came out a few years later. I also bought other 80s sticker cards like Nintendo or anything that showed up at Big Lots. I also liked those Panini sticker albums and packs of stickers, but I don't think I ever completed one. I was never a set collector, as I had no one to trade with, and I didn't want a bunch of duplicates. I ended up with a ton of GPK because the last 5 or 10 series showed up for 5 cents a pack at Big Lots. I also ended up with a lot of cheap boxes or packs of non-sports because my parents dragged us to a lot of flea markets in the eighties and nineties, where you could find over-produced wax boxes for $3-5 each.

Around 3rd grade, I moved into baseball cards (around 50 cents a pack by then), still around the price of a candy bar, so my Dad let me grab those instead of candy. Soon Upper Deck would come around at the outrageous price of $1/pack and prices got out of control from there.

My Mom would let me get a 75 cent to $1.00 MAD Magazine at the grocery store when a new one came out. New comics were 75 cents each, but I bought all mine used at flea markets and the local comic shop for 25 cents each. I built my MAD/Cracked collection up at garage sales for around 10 cents a magazine, but I digress.

Theoretically, mass produced trading cards like Pokemon should still cost around the price of a candy bar at the checkout counter, which is around $1 today. Instead they're $4-4.50 a pack. They do make 3 card Pokemon packs that they sell at Dollar Tree, and sport cards packs without hits that they sell at Dollar Tree as well (although I haven't seen any since Covid). If they had mass-produced Pokemon sticker cards or Nintendo sticker cards for $1/pack next to the candy bars at the grocery checkout, I guarantee a lot of kids would want those (and a lot of adults as well). Stickers have more utility than normal trading cards as you can slap them on your locker, skateboard, binder, etc. I'm not really sure why they died off.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2022, 04:02:36 AM »
Question for the team on S2 Stickers. This CVS wave is all dark background stickers. I have all the light background S2 Stickers and now have 21 of the Dark. Is anyone here collecting the darks and were they available in any other waves? Not sure if I want to pursue a set or not.  I have all the darks from S1 and that was hard to accomplish.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2022, 05:19:53 AM »
Question for the team on S2 Stickers. This CVS wave is all dark background stickers. I have all the light background S2 Stickers and now have 21 of the Dark. Is anyone here collecting the darks and were they available in any other waves? Not sure if I want to pursue a set or not.  I have all the darks from S1 and that was hard to accomplish.

Andrew

As far as I know, the dark stickers were only in the Minute Mud/Ebayer wave, also available at Walmart.  Any I pulled I kept, but I can't say I am actively collecting them.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #494 on: August 07, 2022, 05:55:40 AM »
CVS was good to me today. Purchased 22 Cups. 1 complete 12 cup box and another with 2 cups missing. Got 1 Cup with Red Stain Commie on Top, 1 Red Stain Commie , A Red Stain Commie Sticker (Dark) and a Black Red Stain Commie.   Lastly, I was able to talk both stores into selling me the cups for $2.99 each as they would not scan and I told them I wanted to buy them all and get them out of their store. Since they would not scan they liked that idea. I told the second store that mgr in the first store down the street just did that for me. Try that angle. Very happy about this haul. Now to find the Light Sticker Version of the Red Stain Commie.  :)

Why did you edit which cups you found the rares inside? Earlier you said which exact cups had them. I just don't want to be buying a ton of cups if I find them at my CVS store.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:57:45 AM by Swiski »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #495 on: August 07, 2022, 07:09:42 AM »
started opening a few of my CVS cups - and pulled a Commie from one. Hurray!

BUT - it was the original version, not the updated Red Stain text.

Bizarre that the old one is even in this release. So watch out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:37:02 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

« Reply #496 on: August 07, 2022, 08:29:28 AM »

No luck here in CVS in NYS.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:38:16 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2022, 11:15:08 AM »
Oh Dear - NOW I have to go hunting (completist am I Patrick!) - Ughhhhhh

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Swiski

« Reply #498 on: August 07, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »
Well...after hitting several CVS stores here in Milwaukee, there are zero Wacky Minis at any of the stores I hit. So a strong YMMV (your mileage may vary) on this!

However, I hit a Meijer store in my area and scored a cup with the Commie variant showing in the window. It was from a full box similar to what Targets are getting.

It looks like the barcode on the Meijer cups matches the ones found at CVS. I was going to buy a few more, hoping to find the Commie sticker, but there is no definite proof which cups have the Commie variant or variant sticker.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:25:05 PM by Swiski »

• Administrator
« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »
Well...after hitting several CVS stores here in Milwaukee, there are zero Wacky Minis at any of the stores I hit. So a strong YMMV (your mileage may vary) on this!

However, I hit a Meijer store in my area and scored a cup with the Commie variant showing in the window. It was from a full box similar to what Targets are getting.

It looks like the barcode on the Meijer cups matches the ones found at CVS. I was going to buy a few more, hoping to find the Commie sticker, but there is no definite proof which cups have the Commie variant or variant sticker.

oddly, the first several CVS I went to all had the Wacky display in the seasonal items section.
but then the next several did not. maybe they haven't gotten the shipment, or maybe not all stores get them.

interesting cup. same UPC bar code, but different LOT #, and has the layout of the initial waves too.

SI seems to put out endless variations on the packaging

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2022, 03:58:49 PM »
I got 10 more cups today with toppers I had not purchased yesterday. None produced another commie vari or sticker. I got lots of Sparkles and Blacks; (Alpoo and Cram)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #501 on: August 07, 2022, 04:21:21 PM »
 I checked the two CVS stores close to me and no minis.   I looked all around the toys, stuffed animals, cards, and candy.   I did not see a seasonal aisle--for those of you that have that, is for Halloween?   (or Christmas?  :-\)
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2022, 02:11:58 AM »
I hit one CVS yesterday, and found 5 1/2 cups (one had been opened).  Wouldn't scan, so I tried the 2.99 thing that was suggested, and the clerk showed me the sticker on the cup that said 5.99  :-[  No Commie Variants  :'(

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2022, 06:13:04 AM »
     I just found out last night that the sporting goods store Sheels now is carrying tubs/cups. Has anyone else heard this? Another place some of us have not spoken of is the restaurant Cracker Barrel. I found some series 2 cups in one last year.

Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2022, 02:16:17 PM »
I learned today the contents of the CVS cups is totally random. This will make it that much harder to find the Commie Stain Mini and Stickers.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #505 on: August 09, 2022, 06:58:42 AM »
This CVS release can be good or terrible.  Only 3 of 14 stores I checked had some. Many had opened and toppers missing. Bought 19 clean packs and 6 opened (half price). I got ZERO Commie Red stain minis and stickers, no multi pack titles like Jerkens or Fib.
Best items were 3 silver sparkles. Total garbage!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: August 09, 2022, 07:23:18 AM »
Tried another CVS and Walmart, nothing at CVS, and Walmart only had 3 series 3 cups.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #507 on: August 09, 2022, 09:06:08 AM »
     Finally found a CVS with one cup/tub and I was able to grab the box, but he did not want me to have it, so I asked: " what if I buy two packs of these crackers?" Then he said OK. Weird people.  Slop Tarts the topper. Unless I find more somewhere I won't open it.

Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #508 on: August 09, 2022, 10:52:59 AM »
     Finally found a CVS with one cup/tub and I was able to grab the box, but he did not want me to have it, so I asked: " what if I buy two packs of these crackers?" Then he said OK. Weird people.  Slop Tarts the topper. Unless I find more somewhere I won't open it.

Matt.

Check some more stores. I hit 9 yesterday and  3 had the full case of 12.  4 had none.

Andrew

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #509 on: August 09, 2022, 11:02:57 AM »
     Hey Andrew, I just got back. No luck at all, I had really no business searching since I enough to buy two. I just kept thinking what if I find a "Red Stain" black on top.

Matt.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #510 on: August 09, 2022, 01:08:52 PM »
nope.

I stopped by my CVS again today, and this time they had the Minis
And here's a pic of the toppers of one of the boxes of 12 they had!
the other box had hits too, but not like this.
Basically every hard to find mini from the multi-packs, all in one shot.

I recently saw a cup with Sweathard showing on top on eBay. That really surprised me as I didn’t recall that whenever showing. Now I know why. I never did get a Jerkins, but I would love to get a cup with that one showing. Sadly, there is just one CVS in the city where I live and it’s not very close to me. I’ll try to get there and check it out and report when I find out.

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: August 09, 2022, 03:51:33 PM »
probably belongs in the Are These People Nuts? thread, but relevant here

eBay auction: #334528027264

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #512 on: August 09, 2022, 04:18:18 PM »
Did make it to the one (though it turns out there are two in my city) CVS and came up empty.  Called one in a neighboring town and was told they had none :(

Offline Swiski

« Reply #513 on: August 10, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »
I went back to my Meijer store, since I had luck the other day finding the Commie variant. Thought I would try my luck buying a few more, since I need S2 minis and stickers anyways. I scored the Commie variant sticker in the cup with Alpha Bits. This is the dark printed variant with the "skinny star" on the left side of the white ribbon. So now I wonder where the "fat star" sticker variant is showing up.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 01:25:19 PM by Swiski »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #514 on: August 10, 2022, 02:17:59 PM »
I purchased three more cvs cups today with toppers that I had already purchased. Completely different contents for sticker and 4 minis.  Bah!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #515 on: August 10, 2022, 02:19:50 PM »
     Hey Andrew, I just got back. No luck at all, I had really no business searching since I enough to buy two. I just kept thinking what if I find a "Red Stain" black on top.

Matt.

I hit 5 cvs today. 4 had no minis.  Ehh!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 04:32:43 PM by DrDeal »

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #516 on: August 10, 2022, 02:47:59 PM »
     I ended up opening my one cup I found ( I have that box now ) Ditch Boy dark sticker which you already have I did get a sparkle Scrapple. Now I have 6.
     Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #517 on: August 10, 2022, 04:33:56 PM »
     I ended up opening my one cup I found ( I have that box now ) Ditch Boy dark sticker which you already have I did get a sparkle Scrapple. Now I have 6.
     Matt.

It seems like the rares are 1 per 2 cups in the cvs release. Dumping them. I have pulled like 6 Eviltime Sparkle out of 30 cups.

• Administrator
« Reply #518 on: August 14, 2022, 02:07:44 PM »
pulled a Black colorway Commie and now have what I believe is the full set of variation pieces and stickers
I don't think there's a red sparkle version out there? but never say never with SI

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #519 on: August 14, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »
pulled a Black colorway Commie and now have what I believe is the full set of variation pieces and stickers
I don't think there's a red sparkle version out there? but never say never with SI

Congrats!  Nice Vari set.    I am belatedly trying to complete the S2 Dark Sticker set. I have about 30 I still need. Anyone buying the cups for the Commies ; please keep me in mind for your dark stickers.  My trade list is in the trade section.  I can also buy them if needed.

Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #520 on: August 15, 2022, 04:50:54 AM »

Where did you find both sticker variants? i got one of them from a cup I found at Meijer.

• Administrator
« Reply #521 on: August 15, 2022, 05:04:30 PM »
Where did you find both sticker variants? i got one of them from a cup I found at Meijer.
Pulled the dark one from a CVS cup.
No idea where the light version came from, it was an eBay buy.

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: August 16, 2022, 05:33:23 PM »
stopped at a different CVS today and found some more of the minis.
but the pricing was outrageous!
they must all be solid gold fuggetaboutit rare versions :-)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #523 on: August 16, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
stopped at a different CVS today and found some more of the minis.
but the pricing was outrageous!
they must all be solid gold fuggetaboutit rare versions :-)

Funny!  Did you ask what the correct price was?  Did they have any of the rare-ish titles showing that had previously only been in the multi-packs?  I called a couple CVS's while on a short road trip yesterday and was told neither carried Wacky Packages.  How thoroughly the person I spoke with checked is a mystery, but I didn't want to drive too far only to be disappointed.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #524 on: August 17, 2022, 02:22:08 AM »
The cups are in the system with the correct price of $5.99  if you have the item number punched in at the register. When they scan it the $999.99 price comes up.  Also,  they are on sale this week for $2.99.   I paid that price in two stores yesterday.  Great week to hunt!

anything