Author Topic: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2  (Read 91971 times)

Offline faustxxx

Re: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2021, 08:23:28 AM »
Any recollection as to the toppers?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: August 14, 2021, 08:50:09 AM »
Any recollection as to the toppers?

Alpoo had both Minute Mud and ebayer.  A Freetoes topper had Minute Mud, and Pollydent topper had ebayer. 

« Reply #422 on: August 14, 2021, 09:24:04 AM »
If you mean, did I take them out of their Series 2 wrappers, then yes, I did.  I guess ebayer can be determined by feel, but Minute Mud is basically like Hungry Jerk Pucks.  I thought that was what I'd get when I opened that pack, and busted out in a ginormous smile when I saw orange.  Posted immediately.  Then, in my glee, I opened the next one in that cup and it was ebayer!!!  It was so soon after that I was able to modify my post without having the modification time register.

In later cups, one had a Minute Mud in it, and another had ebayer.  So, now I have an extra set of all 60 Series 1 "commons" to sell or trade.

I also pulled a Black Cram.

It couldn’t have happened to a better person. Congratulations!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: August 14, 2021, 09:35:37 AM »
It couldn’t have happened to a better person. Congratulations!

Thanks!  I showed up at my mom's house an hour later with a big dopey grin on, I guess, because my mom took one look at me and asked what I found that made me so happy  :]

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #424 on: August 14, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »
Pat,
Thanks for posting this information.  I told my wife to go and hit the Wal-Mart for them.  She says she found a few of the toppers you mentioned.  Then she sends me a picture of a box and on top is an E-Bayer. (the front is facing down but how many yellow big pieces are there?)  I tell her to get that one right away.  I then tell her that we have a great chance to finally get the Minute Mud and she says she saw that one two.  So now I have both pieces on the top of the cups.  I think those will hit E-bay while the E-baying is good.  I do know what I will be doing in my area on Sunday.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »
Pat,
Thanks for posting this information.  I told my wife to go and hit the Wal-Mart for them.  She says she found a few of the toppers you mentioned.  Then she sends me a picture of a box and on top is an E-Bayer. (the front is facing down but how many yellow big pieces are there?)  I tell her to get that one right away.  I then tell her that we have a great chance to finally get the Minute Mud and she says she saw that one two.  So now I have both pieces on the top of the cups.  I think those will hit E-bay while the E-baying is good.  I do know what I will be doing in my area on Sunday.

Please take pics of the cups before you open them!!!  I think those pics will help document that these titles were in fact released in Series 2 instead of Series 1.

I wish I could go out again tomorrow, but I can't  :sad:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:09:05 PM by RawGoo »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2021, 01:22:44 PM »
Pat,
I sent you pictures to your hotmail account as I don't know how to get them on here.  Maybe you can post them

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »

I might have fainted right there in the Walmart checkout aisle if I had found one of these!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »
Thanks!  I showed up at my mom's house an hour later with a big dopey grin on, I guess, because my mom took one look at me and asked what I found that made me so happy  :]

So happy to hear you found those Pat.  Thanks for sharing the intell. 

Andrew

« Reply #429 on: August 15, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »

I might have fainted right there in the Walmart checkout aisle if I had found one of these!!!
Got eBayer today. Freetoes had Eviltime sparkle instead of Minute Mud.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:03:47 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »
Alpoo had both Minute Mud and ebayer.  A Freetoes topper had Minute Mud, and Pollydent topper had ebayer.

That's amazing, Pat, that you found one cup with both in it!  Congrats! 

What I'm wondering now is if there is a whole new wave of series 2 that are showing up in Walmart with MM and Ebayer in them.  If so, how would one distinguish between the Walmart series 2 with MM and ebayer in them and the ones without ebayer in them.  Has anyone checked the code or anything else to see if there is a difference?

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »
Im just jealous! Our wal marts here (i went to three) are not even carrying the minis..

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »
That's amazing, Pat, that you found one cup with both in it!  Congrats! 

What I'm wondering now is if there is a whole new wave of series 2 that are showing up in Walmart with MM and Ebayer in them.  If so, how would one distinguish between the Walmart series 2 with MM and ebayer in them and the ones without ebayer in them.  Has anyone checked the code or anything else to see if there is a difference?

At Patrick's request, I checked the codes.  Although I didn't see a difference in the cups, the boxes I bought Saturday had Lot# SICDUYHDG0421, instead of .....121.  But, two weeks prior, those boxes also had the ...421 code, and I did not find either Minute Mud or Ebayer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:59:29 AM by RawGoo »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2021, 11:30:46 AM »
At Patrick's request, I checked the codes.  Although I didn't see a difference in the cups, the boxes I bought Saturday had Lot# SICDUYHDG0421, instead of .....121.  But, two weeks prior, those boxes also had the ...421 code, and I did not find either Minute Mud or Ebayer.

Thanks for that info, Pat!  I'll try to take careful notes should I find any of the MM's or ebayer in any boxes.  I sometimes wonder if individual cups were moved from one box to another.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #434 on: August 16, 2021, 12:21:48 PM »
Those are the super rare (possibly non-existent) minis from Series One, which are now showing up in Series Two. Are there any super rare titles in Series Two???

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »
Those are the super rare (possibly non-existent) minis from Series One, which are now showing up in Series Two. Are there any super rare titles in Series Two???
I haven't seen too many of the Red Sparkle Commies. One just sold on eBay for $340, but I imagine with that sale price more will show up soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194282980466?hash=item2d3c2b0472:g:2F4AAOSwcFhhFFzd

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2021, 02:48:44 PM »
     I sold the first red Commie for $200 to a friend and finally found another for my set.  These were both found in the 10 piece multi packs.

Matt.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »
I went to Target yesterday not expecting to find anything to buy in terms of the minis but looking nonetheless.  I was surprised to find half a dozen of the 10-packs there (for $9.99).  I hadn't bought a single one of the multipacks as I didn't want to take a chance on maybe getting one mini I needed (and half the six minis found in the multipacks weren't of much interest to me anyway).  But I couldn't resist and did buy one.  I haven't opened it yet as I was curious if there is any info about which of the "multipack minis" are in the 10-packs based on what minis are showing.  In the pack I bought, the top row is Thefty, Milk Foam, and Pollydent.  Anyone know which "scarce" mini would be inside?  And has anyone else found these at Target?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »
I stopped at Walmart on the way home with a small shopping list and decided to check out the Wacky minis. I found these two cups. Notice that both titles are so embarrassed by the way Super Impulse handled their release, they are trying to stay incognito.   ;D. It’s kind of hard to see in the photo, but the label is coming off MM.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #439 on: August 18, 2021, 11:09:02 AM »
I know this was answered before, but these days everything changes month to month, sometimes week to week, as far as what stores are stocking. Are you guys finding these at Wal Mart in the toy aisle or in the baseball card aisle? Or even at the checkouts?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #440 on: August 18, 2021, 11:33:10 AM »
I know this was answered before, but these days everything changes month to month, sometimes week to week, as far as what stores are stocking. Are you guys finding these at Wal Mart in the toy aisle or in the baseball card aisle? Or even at the checkouts?

Pretty much every time I've found Minis at walmart, they are in the checkout lines.  Usually one or two boxes per checkout line.  One store did have tons of boxes in one checkout line and none at any other, but even that store has since changed to one or two per (most) checkout lines.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #441 on: August 18, 2021, 01:21:21 PM »

Our local Walmarts have them in the checkout lanes opposite the register on the bottom shelf. The Targets I have been in have them in the toy section. Our local 5 Below has them in a section close to odds and ends toys where they have some card items.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the Series 1 Gadzooka is a super rare title? There are very few on eBay and trying to figure out if I can still find one in the wild since many of my stores still carry the Series 1 at Walmarts and Targets. If so, which cup are they usually found in by looking at the title on top?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the Series 1 Gadzooka is a super rare title? There are very few on eBay and trying to figure out if I can still find one in the wild since many of my stores still carry the Series 1 at Walmarts and Targets. If so, which cup are they usually found in by looking at the title on top?

The Gadzooka was only found in two cup blister packs.  I know those are still on Amazon, but don't know whether a Target might have them. 

Offline studio805

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »
Looks like Amazon is having a clearance sale. The blind packs are only .95cents

https://www.amazon.com/Wacky-Packages-Minis-Blind-Box/dp/B08TMWZSX1?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2021, 09:45:01 AM »
Looks like Amazon is having a clearance sale. The blind packs are only .95cents

https://www.amazon.com/Wacky-Packages-Minis-Blind-Box/dp/B08TMWZSX1?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Yeah, 95¢ but the shipping is $5, and they are only selling them one at a time.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #446 on: August 29, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »
The Gadzooka was only found in two cup blister packs.  I know those are still on Amazon, but don't know whether a Target might have them.
A couple Targets near me have the two-cup blister packs.  I bought a handful (maybe half a dozen), but never got a Gadzooka.  Was fortunate to get a couple in a trade with another collector.

Offline studio805

« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2021, 08:56:25 AM »
Yeah, 95¢ but the shipping is $5, and they are only selling them one at a time.

I failed to see that right away, but you are so right. When something is too good to be true, it usually is. :)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2021, 06:47:47 AM »
I just got a packet with two minis in it (both toothpaste).  A neat error!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #449 on: December 21, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
Been catching up on this thread.   I was Christmas shopping last week and there was a Walmart nearby so I casually went in to see what I could see, and to my surprise, each checkout aisle had Series 1 boxes, and most were fairly full, as if they had been recently stocked.   Now that I learn Walmart Series 2 cups hold Minute Mud, I am doubly disappointed in my local Walmart for having only Series 1.   Oh the inhumanity!   Now I have to search other local Walmarts to see if they at least have series 2.   Is it true that if the box lot ends in 421 (and not 121) it is the Wave 3 which might include a Minute Mud?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #450 on: December 21, 2021, 05:25:12 PM »
Been catching up on this thread.   I was Christmas shopping last week and there was a Walmart nearby so I casually went in to see what I could see, and to my surprise, each checkout aisle had Series 1 boxes, and most were fairly full, as if they had been recently stocked.   Now that I learn Walmart Series 2 cups hold Minute Mud, I am doubly disappointed in my local Walmart for having only Series 1.   Oh the inhumanity!   Now I have to search other local Walmarts to see if they at least have series 2.   Is it true that if the box lot ends in 421 (and not 121) it is the Wave 3 which might include a Minute Mud?

Good news is that both Ebayer and Minute Mud are available as the visible title in the series 2 cups. No need for guessing.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #451 on: December 21, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »
Good news is that both Ebayer and Minute Mud are available as the visible title in the series 2 cups. No need for guessing.

While that is true; Series 2 has not been restocked in most WalMarts so finding a cup with Minute Mud or Ebayer on top is a challenge at present.
The good news is both titles are cheap on ebay.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #452 on: August 02, 2022, 04:17:49 PM »
Over on Greg's forum, a picture of two Commie's got posted last week by a new User.
They pointed out how they had two different minis, where one had a different tagline.

There's been a little discussion on it, and my take at this point is that the tagline change was rather late in production, as so far it seems they have only appeared in late-release Walmart cups
(I say late-release, as I pulled one from an eBayer cup, which weren't around initially).
They have not cropped up in any Target or multi-packs that anyone has records of.

The hit rate for the altered version may be higher than it was for the standard title (which I found to be about 1/Target case). So while there may be fewer of them produced than the originals, they might be easier to hit.  Would be great to get folks to post if they have any and what release they are from.

After seeing that, I looked for stickers and spotted that it too was also released with the text variation.
In both regular print and a bold color version.

Good luck to all the completists out there!

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #453 on: August 02, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »
     Thanks, my head just exploded, now I wish I never sold that first red sparkle Commie. Having both versions of that rare will be something to shoot for.   After doing some checking in what I have it would seem that the longer tagline is later as I went back to page 10 Scot has a picture of a multi-pack with long version bottom left. I still have yet to find my two sets, but I am assuming at least one would have the variation.

Matt.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:45:00 AM by faustxxx »

Offline quas

« Reply #454 on: August 02, 2022, 08:29:26 PM »
     Thanks, my head just exploded, now I wish I never sold that first red sparkle Commie. Having both versions of that rare will be something to shoot for.

Matt.

I wonder if there are two versions of the black Commie mini...
Marc

anything