Author Topic: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2  (Read 92032 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: World's Smallest Wacky Packages Mini's Series 2
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2021, 06:59:10 AM »
I agree with you up to a point.  While I have been successful in recent years in suppressing my completist tendencies, I did want to at least get a sampling of these, because the idea of accurately shaped, scaled and illustrated minis sounds very appealing, as opposed to those god-awful gumball machine trinkets from the 70’s where there were all of maybe six products, and all of them were jug-shaped.  Problem is, I couldn’t find them anywhere!  Not Target, not Walmart, not even at Five Below.  The entire card/collectible section of Target and Walmart were decimated for months, likely due to changing priorities in the pandemic or interruptions in the supply chain.  In any case, they finally showed up at Target when I last went a couple weeks ago, and they look great, but already Series 2!  I completely missed Series 1.  Each had a vintage series favorite exposed at the top - Chef Girl-Ar-Dee, Cram and Ditch Boy. And more than half were vintage series titles, a big plus.  But that will probably be it for me, unless they put out further sets with titles I can’t resist.  We shall see.
I never collector the erasers, aren't they the same concept as the minis?  Sounds like the erasers are a flop and demand zero value in the market these days.  Is the quality of the erasers worse?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2021, 07:15:20 AM »
I never collector the erasers, aren't they the same concept as the minis?  Sounds like the erasers are a flop and demand zero value in the market these days.  Is the quality of the erasers worse?

I enjoyed the erasers, and those stickers were nicer, and easier to collect than the new mini stickers.  I still have a Demented eraser taped to the top of my home office computer monitor.  But, the eraser format limited detail on the 3Ds themselves, like can lid ridges, bottle tops, or something like the wrapper end on Blunder, and SI can achieve those kind of details with the plastic minis.

Earlier this week I gave a Skimpy mini to someone, and because of the detail they thought the lid might be removable!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 07:18:53 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
This store also had a sign saying limit of 1 purchase of any one DPCI.
What the heck does DPCI stand for in this context?

https://www.acronymfinder.com/DPCI.html
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »
DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item. All merchandise that Target carries is assigned a unique DPCI number.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2021, 12:32:12 PM »
I enjoyed the erasers, and those stickers were nicer, and easier to collect than the new mini stickers.  I still have a Demented eraser taped to the top of my home office computer monitor.  But, the eraser format limited detail on the 3Ds themselves, like can lid ridges, bottle tops, or something like the wrapper end on Blunder, and SI can achieve those kind of details with the plastic minis.

Earlier this week I gave a Skimpy mini to someone, and because of the detail they thought the lid might be removable!
good points!  When I see the erasers on ebay, they look so drab!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »
good points!  When I see the erasers on ebay, they look so drab!
I think the biggest advantage of the minis over the erasers is that if the rubber in the erasers is made of the same type of material as actual pencil erasers, it will likely shrink and harden over time.  Bagging them might slow that degradation, but that problem is not an issue with the minis.

It’s been several years now since the erasers came out - any observations of degrading in the shape material?

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2021, 05:15:30 PM »
Didn’t read this before posting.  I’m wondering the same thing, but I have no erasers either.  Think I bought one or two packs, and left them in my office drawer or something.  Have no idea where they are.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »

It’s been several years now since the erasers came out - any observations of degrading in the shape material?

I have not seen any degradation over these past years. I keep one on my desk and use it because I still use pencils. It still works fine. One thing I have noticed was the card box that I keep them in does have grease stains where contact was made.

Jim

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2021, 08:16:03 PM »
Oddly the larger bar erasers, whether the same pink material as pencils have or the thicker tan-colored type, do seem to hold up well long-term, but the small tip erasers on wood pencils do stiffen up over time.  Not sure why the difference.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2021, 05:41:43 AM »

I have not seen any degradation over these past years. I keep one on my desk and use it because I still use pencils. It still works fine. One thing I have noticed was the card box that I keep them in does have grease stains where contact was made.

Jim

i agree none.... :D

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2021, 04:54:22 PM »
I was at a Target today and stopped by the card section to see what they had.  They had several Series 2 Minis cups and there was this one that had what looked like a possible error with no design on it?  I tried to make it flip over so I could see if it was printed on the other side but couldn't get it to flip.

What do you guys think?

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2021, 05:10:01 PM »
This is likely just a Spittles packed "upside down".  It only has the package illustration on one side.  Occasionally I have also seen the various toothpaste tubes come packed this way.  Once opened and flipped over, there's no error or variation.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2021, 07:41:25 PM »
This is likely just a Spittles packed "upside down".  It only has the package illustration on one side.  Occasionally I have also seen the various toothpaste tubes come packed this way.  Once opened and flipped over, there's no error or variation.

My thoughts exactly.  Spittles has been a pretty "rare" one for me to find, but not a big deal at all and not worth purchasing unless you need that title.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »
My thoughts exactly.  Spittles has been a pretty "rare" one for me to find, but not a big deal at all and not worth purchasing unless you need that title.
Dont' worry, after buying a few of the series 1 cups I quickly realized I didn't want to waste money chasing these.  I do think they're cool, but way overpriced.

« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2021, 07:35:30 AM »
Dont' worry, after buying a few of the series 1 cups I quickly realized I didn't want to waste money chasing these.  I do think they're cool, but way overpriced.

Just out of curiosity while we wait for the missing 10 minis to appear in 2022 in Walmart, does anyone know what series 2 stickers are available? I looked for a post but there are so many threads I could not find one. Thanks.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2021, 09:06:51 AM »
just for further confirmation, I got a few more 15 and 20-piece packs from Toy Wiz,
and to no one surprise, there was nothing new in there.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2021, 11:42:21 AM »
Just out of curiosity while we wait for the missing 10 minis to appear in 2022 in Walmart, does anyone know what series 2 stickers are available? I looked for a post but there are so many threads I could not find one. Thanks.

I have 87 different series two stickers.  That's every title on the Mini's checklist plus some others.

Andrew

« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
I have 87 different series two stickers.  That's every title on the Mini's checklist plus some others.

Andrew

Thank you for the clarification, but what are the ones not on the checklist?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2021, 02:48:29 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, but what are the ones not on the checklist?
there may be many threads,
but there can be only one Master List

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=6090.0

« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
Thanks.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »
Deborah Greenough posted in the Facebook Group, Wacky Packages Buy and Sell, pictures of Series 2     15, 20 and 25 piece boxes. All titles shown in the pictures were already released. She has a retail license and purchased directly from SI. I asked a few questions but she has not opened any yet and she was not sure if this was wave 2 or not. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2021, 02:25:44 PM »
Deborah Greenough posted in the Facebook Group, Wacky Packages Buy and Sell, pictures of Series 2     15, 20 and 25 piece boxes. All titles shown in the pictures were already released. She has a retail license and purchased directly from SI. I asked a few questions but she has not opened any yet and she was not sure if this was wave 2 or not.

So I presume more  red sparkle chase mini's and bent up stickers. Time will tell.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »

I asked her as well and was told she didn't know if any of the missing 10 pieces were in these.  However, in a fairly quick scan of probably a dozen different packages, I didn't see any that I recall were missing from the first wave.  Disappointing, but I guess that means I'll sit these out and hope a second wave shows up at retail (Walmart?) at some near future point.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2021, 05:37:35 PM »
Tell the seller to man up and open one set so she can determine what the mystery items are.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2021, 04:54:06 AM »
Tell the seller to man up and open one set so she can determine what the mystery items are.

AGREED!!  :] :]

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2021, 07:10:10 PM »
A woman on a FAcebook page reported (and showed a picture of) she got a Frosted Snakes.  She also mentioned needing only a few of the regular titles (not the ten rare ones, that to my understanding, have not been released yet) to complete her set.  Has anyone here found a Frosted Snakes or any of the ten that seemed to not be released yet?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2021, 07:41:48 PM »
I wonder if its a custom job....

I wondered the same. The top and bottom look different than the regular Commie mini... bigger and sticking out over the edge further.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2021, 08:27:28 PM »
A serious lack of second series swill makes me think this is not legit. Of course I can be wrong. But just more clues pointing in that direction.

Jim

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »
Isn't Commie supposed to be a red sparkle like Alpoo and Cram even though it's listed as a rare black?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2021, 11:15:15 PM »
Isn't Commie supposed to be a red sparkle like Alpoo and Cram even though it's listed as a rare black?

That was the theory here.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
I noticed that this week's ship list from Previews has Series 2 on it.
Hard to say if this is just really old news, or an indication of a new wave of tubs
the picture is certainly old

DEC209436   WACKY PACKAGES MINIS SERIES 2 BMB DIS   $5.99

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2021, 07:44:50 PM »
I wonder if its a custom job....

SCAM JOB  >( >( >( >( >( >(

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »
Opened some series two multipacks today (a 10, 15, 20, and 25 pack). Each contained one of the yet to be released minis in a blind bag. Also got two clear sparkle rares.

anything