Author Topic: Cool (?) Insert Set Suggestion - Actual Products  (Read 2655 times)

Offline quas

Cool (?) Insert Set Suggestion - Actual Products
« on: December 12, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
Instead of all the tan backs, white backs, ludlow backs, red/blue/silver/gold borders, how about an insert set simply consisting of pics of the actual products?

There could be copyright issues, but maybe some product manufacturers wouldn't mind the free advertising...
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Cool (?) Insert Set Suggestion - Actual Products
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 03:55:17 PM »
Instead of all the tan backs, white backs, ludlow backs, red/blue/silver/gold borders, how about an insert set simply consisting of pics of the actual products?

There could be copyright issues, but maybe some product manufacturers wouldn't mind the free advertising...

Great minds think alike! I suggested this a few years ago, but as you guessed, it's a matter of copyright issues.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 11:59:56 PM »
Great minds think alike! I suggested this a few years ago, but as you guessed, it's a matter of copyright issues.

Yeah I had toyed around with this concept a few years back, as a personal art project, but never prioritized it. I figured that, unlike most, I had a lot of the scarce original packaging in my archives that I could draw from to create a series of high quality yet unofficial "Actual Packages" cards/stickers.

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 05:22:11 AM »
Yeah I had toyed around with this concept a few years back, as a personal art project, but never prioritized it. I figured that, unlike most, I had a lot of the scarce original packaging in my archives that I could draw from to create a series of high quality yet unofficial "Actual Packages" cards/stickers.

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen the real packaging used for "koduck". It's cool to see how closely the wacky matches the original!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 05:24:40 AM »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 07:22:56 AM »
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen the real packaging used for "koduck". It's cool to see how closely the wacky matches the original!

It’s amazing how you can always look at a wacky and see stuff you never noticed. I never caught that the red arrow was a webbed duck foot!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 08:38:44 AM »
LOVE Ernie's Project - I had suggested a while back to do a Lenticular version from original to wacky and back.

P.S..... I prefer the girl on the right (I LOVVVVVVVEEEEEE Blondes!!!!!!!!!!)

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 02:10:25 PM »

Took a long time to track down that matching Kodak box... I'd given up a few times before lucking out. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »
It’s amazing how you can always look at a wacky and see stuff you never noticed. I never caught that the red arrow was a webbed duck foot!

I think sometimes having the context of the original reference packaging allows us to see the Wacky in a new light.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
I think sometimes having the context of the original reference packaging allows us to see the Wacky in a new light.

Thanks to you, I have a new appreciation for the classic packaging!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 05:45:14 PM »
Neil,

I will take the Classic Blonde, Raise you a Breakfast Bar and Call,

Richard
#StayWacky

anything