Author Topic: Lost Wackys Contact Info?  (Read 8110 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Lost Wackys Contact Info?
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2020, 03:12:56 PM »
I think Ernie calls them profiteers because here's an example of choosing to print only 5 of a certain Lost Wacky as a holograph and passing it off as rare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184573803789

There have been past examples of 1 of 1s with a different background that sold on eBay $10K or more.  One of the profiteers was even accused of shilling to drive the price up higher. Caveat Emptor.
OMG, I never even heard of the "wacky packages" variations sets.  Not only is topps not bothering to protect its images, it is not protecting the use of wacky packages name!  Again, I don't blame the profiteers for their capitalism especially if Topps is going to continue to look the other way.  The shilling and fraud that perhaps goes with it to rip off collectors is not cool.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline drono

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2020, 03:28:42 AM »
Again, I don't blame the profiteers for their capitalism especially if Topps is going to continue to look the other way.

Just because the police officer decides to look the other way instead of pulling you over for speeding, still doesn't make it right.  I think many of us have wondered why Topps hasn't shut them down when they have shut down other projects that artists have wanted to do on the forum.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2020, 04:04:35 AM »
Just because the police officer decides to look the other way instead of pulling you over for speeding, still doesn't make it right.  I think many of us have wondered why Topps hasn't shut them down when they have shut down other projects that artists have wanted to do on the forum.
I think I saw on Greg's website a while back that they shut themselves down.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:02:39 AM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2020, 08:28:17 AM »
I'm pretty certain that was in reference to Lost Wacky sets only.

Nope, was Lost, Variations and Boxes. I misremembered.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:40:12 AM by bigtomi »

Offline drono

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »

But yet the eBay auctions from batty, knight, marvel, and wackydotorg keep showing up.  Just because you sell it under a different name, still makes you the seller.  Give him some credit, he did build a web site that does a valuable service to Wacky Packages.  But he's involved someway in the profiteering whether he denies it or not.  He can't just say, "I don't know who made these, so it's OK for me to sell them."  It's kind of like knowing that the watches you're selling are stolen, but because you don't know who stole them, it's OK.  Without a market, these would go away, and the profiteers are providing that market.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:17:40 AM by drono »

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2020, 10:01:08 AM »
C'mon guys, we can say it: they're LYING. They're ripping off collectors and have created an artificial market. It's not capitalism, it's deception and lies. Yes, a fool and their money are soon parted but while it may not be criminal, it's highly unethical.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2020, 11:30:28 AM »
I'm pretty certain that was in reference to Lost Wacky sets only.

Please stop speaking in such general terms; you are causing confusion, even with yourself.
The message said all three of them were ending - the Lost wackys (four series), the Wacky Pack Variations (19 series - 18 regular and one bonus) and the Wacky Packages Boxes (18 series - 17 regular and one bonus). I do know what I saw and what I read.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:40:08 AM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2020, 11:38:29 AM »
The message said everything - the Lost wackys, the Wacky Pack Variations and the Wacky Packages Boxes. I know what I saw and what I read.
You appear to be correct, my bad. Guess I'm getting old...

Offline bandaches

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2020, 12:16:13 PM »
The message said all three of them were ending - the Lost wackys (four series), the Wacky Pack Variations (19 series - 18 regular and one bonus) and the Wacky Packages Boxes (18 series - 17 regular and one bonus). I do know what I saw and what I read.
...and who believes that is the truth as opposed to being another way to create a perception of ending supply.....they can start printing these again any time they want....why are you so eager to give profiteers the benefit of the doubt?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2021, 01:01:14 PM »
Lost wackys seems to be back up www.lostwackys.com

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
Not to mention copyright infringement on the pin-up art itself, which has the general look of a renowned artist named Gil Elvgren.  Legal issues aside, how superimposing images of sexy women onto Wacky backgrounds has any appeal at all is baffling to me.  What is the context?  The images have no relevance to the product, parody or gags.  If I drew pictures of fruits and vegetables and taped them over the faces of players on baseball cards, it would make about as much sense as these Wacky ‘variations.’

Pure swill. I too wonder what the attraction is to such garbage.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2021, 02:43:28 PM »
Not to mention copyright infringement on the pin-up art itself, which has the general look of a renowned artist named Gil Elvgren.  Legal issues aside, how superimposing images of sexy women onto Wacky backgrounds has any appeal at all is baffling to me.  What is the context?  The images have no relevance to the product, parody or gags.  If I drew pictures of fruits and vegetables and taped them over the faces of players on baseball cards, it would make about as much sense as these Wacky ‘variations.’

Can’t.... resist...

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)