Author Topic: Harry Knowles on Mars Attacks!  (Read 788 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

Harry Knowles on Mars Attacks!
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
The Blu Ray for Mars Attacks! came out today and Ain't It Cool News' Harry Knowles had this to say:

"MARS ATTACKS! (Blu Ray)

Now here we have amongst my very favorite Tim Burton films. MARS ATTACKS! I know it has it’s problems, but they’re kind of inherent to the lunacy of making a movie based off of Gum Cards – but also the brilliance of basing a movie off of Gum Cards. I have been waiting patiently for WACKY PACKAGES The Movie. I’m kidding. I think we only have two instances of this. GARBAGE PAIL KIDS THE MOVIE and MARS ATTACKS! – both were popular due to their historically outrageous natures. I always loved HORRORS OF WAR and CIVIL WAR NEWS – but obviously – the plan for Tim Burton had MARS ATTACKS! gone bonkers at the box office, he would have made DINOSAURS ATTACK! - However, because the American public chose to go box office crazy for INDEPENDENCE DAY, we didn’t get DINOSAURS ATTACK – which would have made JURASSIC PARK look like a trip to the Park. Oh well. This BLU RAY is not fully loaded unfortunately, but then… MARS ATTACKS! has never gotten the love and respect from Warners that it deserves. That said, it looks lovely as hell!"

"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who