Author Topic: Thinking of selling Baby Runt original art  (Read 3228 times)

Offline RichUncle237

Thinking of selling Baby Runt original art
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »
I was the winning eBay bidder for Baby Runt back in 2005, and have enjoyed owning my little piece of history. However, I've been starting to think about moving it along in the world.

Does anyone know the best way to sell and realize a good price? eBay? Heritage Auctions?

Thanks for any advice...

Offline RichUncle237

Re: Thinking of selling Baby Runt original art
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »
I contacted the auction house that has handled other Wacky Packages original art in the past, but they declined interest in handling the piece.

I went ahead and listed it on eBay and it sold almost immediately for my asking price of $5499. Could I have asked for more? Possibly. But I’m happy to have doubled my investment and feel I did well for perhaps a less-desirable piece. Happy to send it along to a new home.

Thanks to those who responded with advice.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
I contacted the auction house that has handled other Wacky Packages original art in the past, but they declined interest in handling the piece.

I went ahead and listed it on eBay and it sold almost immediately for my asking price of $5499. Could I have asked for more? Possibly. But I’m happy to have doubled my investment and feel I did well for perhaps a less-desirable piece. Happy to send it along to a new home.

Thanks to those who responded with advice.
wow, which auction house refused to list it?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RichUncle237

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »
wow, which auction house refused to list it?

Heritage.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »
Just curious, it looks like the art was cut out of the original canvas or painting board material, cut very close to the black border’s edge, then adhered to a rectangular swatch only slightly larger than the artwork dimensions, before being matted and framed behind glass.  This isn’t typical, is it?  Aren’t the paintings normally the fully intact 6”x9” (or whatever the dimensions are) working canvas/board?