Author Topic: BRAND BUSTERS UPDATE!  (Read 15366 times)

Offline jg2000

BRAND BUSTERS UPDATE!
« on: October 27, 2020, 10:29:46 AM »
Hey guys!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated the info but it will be worth it.
Production is finished and the boxes will start shipping early next week.
It's been a long process and a lot of hard work up to this point and I want to thank everyone for their support throughout the entire endeavor.
I will be adding images of the uncut sheets to the site at the end of the week.

Thanks for being patient.

Offline rdsjnk

Re: BRAND BUSTERS UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 10:52:36 AM »
 :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

Offline drono

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:45:28 AM »
I just got my shipping notice.  Woohoo!  Really looking forward to getting these.

Offline jg2000

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:49 AM »
I just got my shipping notice.  Woohoo!  Really looking forward to getting these.

GREAT!! things are moving now!!

Offline jg2000

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 09:37:26 AM »
People have been asking me what the parody is for certain products. I assure you that all the title are made from existing products, some you may know and some you may not. That's exactly how it was when I was a kid, I didn't know what half the products were, I just loved the art and the jokes.
Here's an example from the set, enjoy.

https://i.postimg.cc/RVSP6vf8/Screen-Shot-2020-11-11-at-12-06-03-PM.png

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »
Jon, 'Chuck-A-Stick' is superb!  Classic feel, great characters and I love the feel of the box with the art on the box top.
Shipping already, I haven't even ordered yet (sorry things have been crazy).  Could you post the link again, please.

Offline jg2000

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 10:26:05 AM »
Jon, 'Chuck-A-Stick' is superb!  Classic feel, great characters and I love the feel of the box with the art on the box top.
Shipping already, I haven't even ordered yet (sorry things have been crazy).  Could you post the link again, please.

www.brandbusterstickers.com

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »
Thanks Jon, just got my order in.  Again congrats on getting this done.  An entire 30 card set of classic Wackys is a ton of work and from what I’ve seen so far, you’ve nailed it!  Can’t wait to sit down with Josh and start crack’n packs and building a set.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »

GREAT!! things are moving now!!

Found shipping notice in my junk mail.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:55:01 PM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I received my Brand Busters order today and broke open a few boxes, and I'd love to share with you all the following:

It brought back a lot of nostalgia, Jon has done a remarkable job on this, you can tell it's a true labor of love, and he's
tried (and succeeded, 100 percent) in trying to capture the feeling that we all had in the 70's, opening our original packs.

I got a full set with my first box, and almost all of the puzzle pieces.  There are three puzzles all together, and I especially
love the cardboard checklists, they are just like the real thing back in the day!

The titles are all great, and if any of you are worried that this is going to be similar to Dave's Old School sets, which are
awesome as well, don't hesitate and get yourself a few boxes of Jon's Brand Busters, they are a nice complement
all on their own.

See you at the Trading Post section!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 01:27:05 AM »
This was FUN!!  I wish I had ordered more boxes during the pre-sell.  This is a very high quality set!

Out of my first box, I got one complete set and a second set missing 3 stickers.  23 different puzzle pieces yielded the orange puzzle -1, blue -1, green -2, with one extra green piece.

The second box also yielded a full set, and a second set missing 5 stickers.  24 different puzzle pieces yielded the orange puzzle -2, blue -1, and a complete green puzzle.

I was fortunate that between the two boxes I have all three complete puzzles.  Unfortunately, I'm missing two stickers to complete a third base set.  I'll post that in the trading thread.

I love the stickers!!  The artwork is fantastic, and it's SOOO nice to have kiss cuts again!  I may buy a few more boxes, just to enjoy killing some more packs and building sets the old fashioned way.  And, I am definitely in for series 2!!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 07:14:55 AM »
Sorry you have no Brand Busters single packs available.

Offline drono

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 08:37:49 AM »
Sorry you have no Brand Busters single packs available.

If I decide to bust open my second box, I'll stop as soon as I get what I'm missing, so hopefully I will have some unopened packs available.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2020, 08:42:57 AM »
love the stickers!!  The artwork is fantastic, and it's SOOO nice to have kiss cuts again!  I may buy a few more boxes, just to enjoy killing some more packs and building sets the old fashioned way.  And, I am definitely in for series 2!!

These have kiss cuts?  How can this be? Topps seems to think it's impossible for Old School.  Ordering a box right away!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:48:41 AM by Slaytex99 »

Offline drono

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
Topps seems to think it's impossible for Old School.

I don't think Topps thinks it's impossible; it would just cut into their profit margin.  I guarantee you if baseball cards had been kiss cut stickers all along, they'd be doing it if the sales dropped otherwise.  It's just not worth their time for Wacky Packages since they sell so few.  The weekly series print runs are averaging just below 800 at $15.  They sold 99,177 of a single Ken Griffey, Jr. Topps Project 2020 baseball card at $19.99, even though it looks like my 7 year old grandson drew it.

Check out this link, there are 21 of them that sold more than 20,000.
https://www.topps.com/archive/project-2020-archive.html?product_list_dir=desc&product_list_order=print_run&p=1

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 09:03:42 AM »
I don't think Topps thinks it's impossible; it would just cut into their profit margin.  I guarantee you if baseball cards had been kiss cut stickers all along, they'd be doing it if the sales dropped otherwise.  It's just not worth their time for Wacky Packages since they sell so few.  The weekly series print runs are averaging just below 800 at $15.  They sold 99,177 of a single Ken Griffey, Jr. Topps Project 2020 baseball card at $19.99, even though it looks like my 7 year old grandson drew it.

https://www.topps.com/archive/project-2020-archive.html?product_list_dir=desc&product_list_order=print_run&p=1

Oh I know, I was just being a little facetious.  :]  I still hate that Old School left the kiss cuts behind.  On a positive note, these look like very high quality stickers and my order number was over 1000!  Guess this set is going to do fine.

P.S.  Wth is that Ken Griffey Jr. card you posted the link to?  That is a truly astonishing in how bad it is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:06:48 AM by Slaytex99 »

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »
  This set is GREAT. Great art, great gags, real stickers, kiss-cuts, packs, boxes, and.... I didn't pay $500 to NOT get every card. How refreshing!

I had a blast opening the packs and assembling sets. Jon really hit a homerun with this set. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Brian Mc

Offline quas

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
  This set is GREAT. Great art, great gags, real stickers, kiss-cuts, packs, boxes, and.... I didn't pay $500 to NOT get every card. How refreshing!

I had a blast opening the packs and assembling sets. Jon really hit a homerun with this set. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Agree!!
Marc

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 12:01:53 AM »
These look great! 

Love the candy parodies especially.  The whole business looks very well executed.  Hopefully I can get on and grab a box soon.

J
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Swiski

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
I hope there will be base sets for sale at some point - either eBay or here on the forum.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »
EDIT: What are the seven GLITTER titles?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:12:40 PM by Brian Mc »
Brian Mc

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »
What are the GLITTER titles?

The silver background cards. You should get two titles in each box.   I have Gamblin' and Texas Feet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:45:07 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline drono

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 12:31:31 PM »
The silver background cards. You should get two titles in each box.

Wow, I never opened the sealed package, so I didn't realize there were two in the pack.  I'm glad you said something.

What are the GLITTER titles?

I think Brian was asking, what are the seven titles for the glitter cards.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »
Wow, I never opened the sealed package, so I didn't realize there were two in the pack.  I'm glad you said something.

Know I told at least one person to check for a second glitter card.  Sorry I missed telling you.

I think Brian was asking, what are the seven titles for the glitter cards.

I think it's for us to find out.  So far, I know of:
Gamblin'
Tax
Bang
Texas Feet
Santa
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:33:13 PM by RawGoo »

Offline OutofStep

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 02:30:02 PM »
My glitter cards were Gamblin and Santa

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
My glitter cards were Gamblin and Santa

Thanks!  I added that to the list. 

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
They sold 99,177 of a single Ken Griffey, Jr. Topps Project 2020 baseball card at $19.99, even though it looks like my 7 year old grandson drew it.

Unbelievable.  These things have zero eye appeal to me.  Not even a little.  Having cash to burn doesn’t even explain it, because there are soooooo many better things to burn cash on than this.  Drawing cartoon images of players as they appeared on their early cards?  In many such cases I’m sure you could get a decent grade example of the vintage card itself at less than the $19.99 they’re asking for these “creations.”

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 06:04:08 PM »

Unbelievable.  These things have zero eye appeal to me.  Not even a little. 

Frank is faceless!

Offline drono

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »
Frank is faceless!

It's probably all the Nugenix he's been taking.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 04:17:20 AM »
It seems that certain stickers are repeatedly showing up in people's "Need" lists, even though the uncut sheets show equal printing.  And for glitters, we still only know 5 of the 7 titles.  Strange, at least to me.

Offline quas

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 04:53:20 AM »
It seems that certain stickers are repeatedly showing up in people's "Need" lists, even though the uncut sheets show equal printing.  And for glitters, we still only know 5 of the 7 titles.  Strange, at least to me.

I've noted that as well.  Someone needs to invent a randomizer machine that work on boxes, packs, cards in packs, etc.!  And make sure Topps buys several of them!
Marc

Offline jg2000

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »
I've noted that as well.  Someone needs to invent a randomizer machine that work on boxes, packs, cards in packs, etc.!  And make sure Topps buys several of them!

I could tell you what they are but I thought it would be more fun let you guys find them.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 10:50:14 AM »
Got my box today!  This is a great set.  I just bought a second box.  :great:

Offline drono

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »
I just bought a second box.

Another big plus for this set.  If you want more, you can buy more - none of the 7 days to order and then you'll get them in 4-6 weeks.

Thanks Jon!

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 02:21:41 PM »
The silver background cards. You should get two titles in each box.   I have Gamblin' and Texas Feet.

Me too.

anything