Author Topic: $25 eBay Coupon  (Read 8283 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: $25 eBay Coupon
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
If you are attempting to use this Coupon to buy items from both managed payments seller(s) and non-managed payments seller(s), your cart may be divided into two separate transactions. If that happens, this Coupon will be applied to the first transaction if it meets the minimum purchase requirement. If the first transaction does not meet the purchase requirement, this Coupon will not be applied. If your second transaction meets the purchase requirement, you must apply this Coupon during the second transaction.

This is something to watch out for.  I guess eBay has a "managed payment" service that some sellers use.  I had about $40 worth of items in my cart and I went to check out with the coupon code.  The transaction was split into two transactions and I could not apply the coupon to the first transaction.  Fortunately, the first transaction was only about $12 so the second transaction was $28 and the coupon worked on it.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »
This is something to watch out for.  I guess eBay has a "managed payment" service that some sellers use.  I had about $40 worth of items in my cart and I went to check out with the coupon code.  The transaction was split into two transactions and I could not apply the coupon to the first transaction.  Fortunately, the first transaction was only about $12 so the second transaction was $28 and the coupon worked on it.

So, I take it, the second transaction at $28, was not a Buy It Now?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
I just called ebay to verify and was told only "fixed price", ie Buy It Nows would work.  However, since at least one other person has found a loophole, perhaps ebay hasn't really enforced that rule. 

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »
Hey long-time ebayer, thanks for staying with us all these years!  Here’s a $25 coupon on us, as a show of our appreciation!  Now GOOD LUCK figuring out how to use it, ha ha!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 03:55:32 AM »
I’m guessing the reason it worked for me with auction wins is because I requested an invoice for combined shipping.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 09:22:18 AM »
So, I take it, the second transaction at $28, was not a Buy It Now?
Actually there were three items in the $28 order and all of them were buy-it-now items.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »
 Wow.   I should be here more often.   Thanks evilbay for a whopping 10 days to redeem your coupon.   Ugh.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2020, 02:33:32 AM »
Wow.   I should be here more often.

Agreed!  Welcome back, stranger  ;)