Author Topic: Creative uses of duplicates / leftovers  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Lavirus

Creative uses of duplicates / leftovers
« on: July 16, 2020, 11:03:09 AM »
Anyone have a good use for leftover Wackys? I suppose I could stick up some binders but I generally use Vahsurfer's excellent inserts.

If you've made a collage, stuck up an old lamp, etc, tell us and post a photo if possible!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Creative uses of duplicates / leftovers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
Anyone have a good use for leftover Wackys? I suppose I could stick up some binders but I generally use Vahsurfer's excellent inserts.

If you've made a collage, stuck up an old lamp, etc, tell us and post a photo if possible!

I had been planning to stick Wackys on a metal trash can and coat them with a spray.  Haven't had the time :(

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:39:55 PM »
It depends on which wackys you are talking about....  if they are pre -1980, you can send them to me and I  will even pay for shipping?!?  LOL   

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 04:25:23 PM »
It depends on which wackys you are talking about....  if they are pre -1980, you can send them to me and I  will even pay for shipping?!?  LOL

I have a pound or two of reissues that I was planning on using; peeled and stuck they should look pretty much like the originals.  Flashback 2 could maybe work, too.  Flashback 1 stickers are undersized.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:43:23 PM »
Not sure how many of you are from So Cal, but Wahoo's Fish Taco restaurant (and TK Burger, too) have tons of stickers all over the inside of their locations and seem to invite patrons to contribute.  It's always fun to see the old vintage titles in places like that as a nice change from the usual skate & surf company logos and random bands.  Maybe there are some East-coast sticker-friendly restaurants too.  I'm no stranger to donating stickers that way, back when my stomach could handle spicy food anyway.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 02:56:19 AM »
I have a large box of 700 or so WP chrome cards I was thinking of affixing to a real car. Since the cards are chrome I think they would look pretty sweet on a car.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 04:22:08 AM »
I have a large box of 700 or so WP chrome cards I was thinking of affixing to a real car. Since the cards are chrome I think they would look pretty sweet on a car.

Andrew

I'm thinking that on a sunny day the glare could be a problem  :-\

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »

Andrew
A few years back I experimented with sticking Wackys in high-visibility places like mailboxes, back of stop signs, bus shelters, etc, to see how long they’d stay in place.  Problem is, I can’t remember if they were taken off or if I stopped remembering to check after a few days.  :-\

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »

Anyone have a good use for leftover Wackys? 

Don't be a bird brain and burn them  :-[

I'd like to do this with part of my international paper currency collection, but I don't have room in my tiny apartment for a coffee table. Good idea for WP's also. Find a plain coffee table (thrift store, garage sale), and have a piece of glass cut to size. Then make a big collage on the table and place the glass on top. You could arrange it with overlapping titles, like the White Mountain puzzle, or with some gaps if you find that more attractive. If I went with the gap approach, (so the surface of the table would be seen a bit) I'd either paint the table a plain color (likely yellow - the WP black borders would pop!) or use yellow poster board to stick the stickers on. Of course you could also use stickers with their backs and not even stick them. With the gap approach, you could be creative and use other backgrounds (newspaper or comic book pages?) Would be a fun way to display postcards also.

A card table plastered with Wackys in a rumpus room would be cool! 

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 01:28:05 PM »
I used extras to make collages for 4" notebooks to keep each of that series in.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »

Here’s a drum table I made a few years back

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 04:28:44 AM »
I always had this plan to get every original series title backed with magnets and run a metal strip all around my basement to display the whole run.  I have to check but I am fairly certain I have the whole run in magnet form sitting in a box that feels like it weights 20 pounds.  I just never finished the project.  Maybe I will take another approach and just take one wall of my basement and switch to metal and display all the series from ceiling to floor.  If I don't get my shit together on this, I guess I will sell this massive collection.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 03:37:28 PM »
I always had this plan to get every original series title backed with magnets and run a metal strip all around my basement to display the whole run.  I have to check but I am fairly certain I have the whole run in magnet form sitting in a box that feels like it weights 20 pounds.  I just never finished the project.  Maybe I will take another approach and just take one wall of my basement and switch to metal and display all the series from ceiling to floor.  If I don't get my shit together on this, I guess I will sell this massive collection.
Dude, I'd forgotten about this plan of yours! When we redid our second floor, in my daughter's room she wished for a wall she could put magnetic things on. We found magnetic paint and it worked fine! Maybe instead of mounting metal pieces to the wall, just paint a wall with the magnetic paint and stick your Wackys that way. You could then pull 'em down and the wall still looks "normal". Just another idea.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 04:36:05 PM »
Dude, I'd forgotten about this plan of yours! When we redid our second floor, in my daughter's room she wished for a wall she could put magnetic things on. We found magnetic paint and it worked fine! Maybe instead of mounting metal pieces to the wall, just paint a wall with the magnetic paint and stick your Wackys that way. You could then pull 'em down and the wall still looks "normal". Just another idea.

That is good to know. I didn’t know such was available.  :great: :great:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 09:08:26 AM »
I love the idea but it would be downstairs in my 1970s panel basement so not sure I can paint over that.  Maybe I will paint the supporting pillars with the magnetic paint!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 04:48:51 PM »
Man, all you East-coasters and Mid-westers are so lucky to have basements (man-caves).  Ain't gunna happen in So. Cal., and the prices are so crazy, it's hard enough just to find enough rooms for people, let alone collections.  What's weird is that they don't even build usable attics out here either (which SHOULD have been standard as 'earthquake basements'!)

anything