Author Topic: ANS7 - Packs Containing 3 Parody Stickers + 1 Stick Of Gum  (Read 21956 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: ANS7 - Packs Containing 3 Parody Stickers + 1 Stick Of Gum
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 06:03:28 AM »
Thanks, I will be looking to sell boxes to someone if I get hit with those.

If you get those I'll take a wrapper from you!  and maybe a couple sticks of gum!  That's a start for you, right?  ha ha
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:55 AM »
I agree.  $1 for three stickers and gum is fair.  That's like 25 cents per card and 25cents for the gum.  Compare to $2 for an eight sticker pack, stickers are 25 cents apiece there.

I don't think the base stickers or the stick of gum are worth 25 cents each.  Base sets will probably end up selling for about $5 (maybe up to $10 with shipping) which works out to between 10 and 20 cents per sticker.

At least with the $2 packs, you are getting Wack-O-Mercials and a chance at other more rare chase cards.

Personally I think these packs are a rip-off.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:11:03 AM by BustedFinger »
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »
I don't think the base stickers or the stick of gum are worth 25 cents each.  Base sets will probably end up selling for about $5 (maybe up to $10 with shipping) which works out to between 10 and 20 cents per sticker.

At least with the $2 packs, you are getting Wack-O-Mercials and a chance at other more rare chase cards.

I tend to agree, and I think base sets will be selling for $1.00!  For little kids it's not so bad, as they might throw away or stick a good chaser anyway, but for everyone else it's a dud.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »
If you get those I'll take a wrapper from you!  and maybe a couple sticks of gum!  That's a start for you, right?  ha ha

Ok that helps. The wrapper will be $50 each and sticks of gum are $25 each, $12 if the gum is broken :P

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:35 AM »

Loren, I was just counting the number of items in a pack and dividing by price.  I realize that foils, sketches, etc. are worth more than base stickers.  But, if I had to explain this to a layman (non-hobby person) or even a kid, they'd say they got eight things in the pack for $2 - thus 25 cents per.

I too agree that the price of $1 is a bit steep for three stickers and gum.  I also feel sometimes that eight stickers for $2 is also a bit steep.  Then again, I still buy comic books weekly and the prices have skyrocketed in the past decade (seriously thinking of getting out of that hobby very soon).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:28 AM »
Loren, I was just counting the number of items in a pack and dividing by price.  I realize that foils, sketches, etc. are worth more than base stickers.  But, if I had to explain this to a layman (non-hobby person) or even a kid, they'd say they got eight things in the pack for $2 - thus 25 cents per.

I too agree that the price of $1 is a bit steep for three stickers and gum.  I also feel sometimes that eight stickers for $2 is also a bit steep.  Then again, I still buy comic books weekly and the prices have skyrocketed in the past decade (seriously thinking of getting out of that hobby very soon).

Many of us lamented the demise of the $1 pack with ANS6, because that would be an easier little incidental purchase, especially for kids.  This format could bring that back, so I think it's a good idea.  Not a deal I'd go for, but if there are kids just looking for cool stickers like many of us were back in the 70's, this could fit the bill.  But, what I'm wondering is how these are going to be displayed/sold versus the gravity feed and hobby packs.  I do not want to find a gravity feed in a Target only to discover that half the packs I just bought are Wacky Lite.........

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »
Many of us lamented the demise of the $1 pack with ANS6, because that would be an easier little incidental purchase, especially for kids.  This format could bring that back, so I think it's a good idea.  Not a deal I'd go for, but if there are kids just looking for cool stickers like many of us were back in the 70's, this could fit the bill.  But, what I'm wondering is how these are going to be displayed/sold versus the gravity feed and hobby packs.  I do not want to find a gravity feed in a Target only to discover that half the packs I just bought are Wacky Lite.........

I do agree that for kids and non-hobbyists that these could be a good deal.

I also agree that if there is no "obvious" way to tell the packs apart (nothing on the wrapper that jumps out as different) that these packs could easly get mixed in with the $2 packs.  If the stores aren't careful with how each UPC is set up in the store's item file, I could see the cashier getting confused as to why some ring up for one price and some ring up for the other.  (having 20+ years as a retail programmer/support person, I have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff and with the confusion cashiers can have...)
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 07:33:32 AM »
I think you have it the other way around ;D
I know, right?
So Lockwood was selling $48 retail boxes for only $30? that's a hell of a lot better than what DAcardworld and the other's were selling them at pre-sale prices.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »
I know, right?
So Lockwood was selling $48 retail boxes for only $30? that's a hell of a lot better than what DAcardworld and the other's were selling them at pre-sale prices.

$32 and change, not counting shipping.  Jack's products, prices and service have been so good in the past that I was happy to see him back, and to do the BIN.  I also believe that he will make this right for me if it turns out that his boxes are Wacky Lite packs.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:01:05 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »
$32 and change, not counting shipping.  Jack's products, prices and service have been so good in the past that I was happy to see him back, and to do the BIN.  I also believe that he will make this right for me if it turns out that his boxes are Wacky Lite packs.

I like that term "Wacky Lites"!!

And damn, if I'd have known that Lockwood was back in the game, I would have probably bought a lot more ANS7.  As it is right now, I think I am done purchasing ANS7.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »
I know, right?

Retail 24 pack boxes are always around $8 less than hobby boxes when presales come up.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
Retail 24 pack boxes are always around $8 less than hobby boxes when presales come up.

Is the only difference between the retail and hobby boxes the poster that comes in the hobby box?

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »
Is the only difference between the retail and hobby boxes the poster that comes in the hobby box?
true retail  have different box and pack numbers. I've always considered the 777 boxes w/o the poster as hobby boxes.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »

Other than different box numbers, that's the only difference. The price difference has more to do with how these are distributed. Hobby boxes come out a week to 2 weeks before the retail boxes and I have a feeling that's why Topps charges the distributors more for them then they do the retail boxes.

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »
Other than different box numbers, that's the only difference. The price difference has more to do with how these are distributed. Hobby boxes come out a week to 2 weeks before the retail boxes and I have a feeling that's why Topps charges the distributors more for them then they do the retail boxes.
Is there really a price difference, or is this just Lockwood charging less? I ask, because the FB2 hobby boxes I bought from Lockwood at pre-sale were $34 each.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »
Is there really a price difference, or is this just Lockwood charging less? I ask, because the FB2 hobby boxes I bought from Lockwood at pre-sale were $34 each.

Good point. I don't know.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
My best friend spoke to a guy he knows today that works for a company that mainly deals in baseball cards. My buddy told him that I was into wackys and the guy mentioned he could get a 24 pack ANS7 box for $30. It must be the Wacky Lites. I will double check but many would get gypped by this type of pack thinking they were getting the 8 card packs at a great price. They should have printed a 99 Cents price on those.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:43:33 AM by DrDeal »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
I don't think the base stickers are swill, but I don't want to pay over $1 for a pack of three stickers and gum with no chance at an insert when other packs are $2 for 8 stickers, with inserts.  Aside from no chance at inserts, I'd get less base stickers for the money!!  If those three sticker packs were priced at around 50 cents, I'd buy them to use at Halloween, but that would be about 20 packs, maybe, that I'd go through.
I totally agree, I see no point in people getting ripped off as "value" in the pack is primarily driven by the lottery element but calling the base product that is the basis for our gathering swill only highlights that few people seem to give a crap about wackys any more.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
I totally agree, I see no point in people getting ripped off as "value" in the pack is primarily driven by the lottery element but calling the base product that is the basis for our gathering swill only highlights that few people seem to give a crap about wackys any more.

Do we know for sure that these would be priced at $1.00 ?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
That is what I was getting at without spelling it out ;) Don't want to assume because as soon as you start to assume on this forum people will call you out as to why you would think like that.
This post has me laughing. I’ve learned to not skip threads because there are often nuggets of fun along the way . . .

(Not golden nuggets, mind you. I don’t wish to bring up the subject of golds, which seems to be a volatile subject.)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
If a $2 pack has 8 stickers then stickers run about 25¢ each. ASSuming a 3-sticker pack costs $1 then you're paying 25$ per sticker and 25$ for gum. Sounds fair enough to me. How is it a rip-off that there aren't any sketch cards or autographs? Most $2 packs don't have them either.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 03:49:20 AM »
If a $2 pack has 8 stickers then stickers run about 25¢ each. ASSuming a 3-sticker pack costs $1 then you're paying 25$ per sticker and 25$ for gum. Sounds fair enough to me. How is it a rip-off that there aren't any sketch cards or autographs? Most $2 packs don't have them either.

Do you really think those slabs of pink gum are worth 25 cents?

And why the hell is there not a cent sign on keyboards anymore?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 04:38:39 AM »

Here you go:

¢

Feel free to cut and paste!!  You can also get the symbol by holding down the Alt key and typing 0162 on the numeric keyboard

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 07:03:26 AM »
Just came across this thread now.  Not sure if I'm more surprised at the discovery of these Lite packs or that Lockwood is back in business.  Since it seems Lockwood is back, I'm surprised he didn't send out an email to his previous customers to pre-order.  I've ordered from him since ANS2 and was bummed that he seemed to be out of business.  To those who ordered from him, did he sell all the different types of boxes or just 24-pack boxes?

As for the Lite packs, I like the idea if they would be marketed to kids for $1 and were clearly distinguishable from teh $2 packs.  It'll be interesting to see where they turn up in the wild. 

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »

probably close to 25¢, but they're probably making a little extra off of these packs. Unless gum has gone up that much in expense since ANS5? for ANS3-5, we got 5 stickers + gum for 99¢, so 17¢ for the gum.

cent sign is 'option' key + '4' key on a mac

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »
Here you go:      ¢

Feel free to cut and paste!!  You can also get the symbol by holding down the Alt key and typing 0162 on the numeric keyboard
I thought you were joking and had to look that up. Sure enough, that's what you have to do on a PC.

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
I just bought a 12 box case from a card dealer. When I got home I opened the official Topps Wacky Packages case and found the normal purple 24 pack boxes...the thing is that each pack has "3 parody stickers + 1 stick of gum" in it. This is stated on both the purple 24 pack boxes and packs themselves.

The boxes and packs do not list the odds or makes mention of wack-0-mercial parallels, foil stickers or sketches. Before I really knew what was going on for certain I ripped thru one 24 pack box and each pack of 3 stickers featured only base stickers and no wack-o-mercial stickers or anything else. Except each pack also has a (softer then they used to be) piece of bubble gum in a cellophane wrapper that has the #0102 printed on it.

Anyone know anything about these types of ANS7 packs/boxes?

Thanks, Fats

I have been getting a bunch of PM's about these boxes/packs. Just as an FYI I sold what I had to a dealer who apparently has currently listed a box and a pack on Ebay. If you type wacky ans7 box or wacky ans7 pack you should be able to see the auctions.

Regards, Fats Dominos (Pizza)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »
I have been getting a bunch of PM's about these boxes/packs. Just as an FYI I sold what I had to a dealer who apparently has currently listed a box and a pack on Ebay. If you type wacky ans7 box or wacky ans7 pack you should be able to see the auctions.

Just out of curiosity how many packs/boxes did you sell him?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »

Looks like the seller is "thejoje". To their credit, they have a big disclaimer warning these packs probably do not contain chase items.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »
I was talking to Mike today and he asked me to post the following info on these packs. He said they are called Flow Packs and Topps does NOT sell them. If they do in the future they would be clearly stated what they are. They are basically for party stores, 5&10 places, etc as cheap $1 packs. No chase cards. The hobby/ retail/ Topps boxes all have the chase cards and all have the same odds.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
I was talking to Mike today and he asked me to post the following info on these packs. He said they are called Flow Packs and Topps does NOT sell them. If they do in the future they would be clearly stated what they are. They are basically for party stores, 5&10 places, etc as cheap $1 packs. No chase cards.
  Thanks for the info Dave!

The hobby/ retail/ Topps boxes all have the chase cards and all have the same odds.
  (cereal boxes excluded though, right?)

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »

(cereal boxes excluded though, right?)

I think he was talking to me about the sticker packs boxes for hobby, retail and Topps. We didn't talk about the cereal boxes

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
They are basically for party stores, 5&10 places, etc as cheap $1 packs.
that's why I went to Party City last week, looking just for these packs. But all I found were 3 full boxes of ANS2 packs. On sale from the regular $1.49 at the low, low price of $1.43   :^)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »
Just noticed today these 3-stickers-per-pack are available at from Topps:
http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-664/Wacky-Packages-All-dsh-New-Series/Detail

Seems really deceptive to me to even sell these if they don't contain the chase cards, not because the base set is bad or anything (far from it!) but because most people are going to assume the chase cards are in these.

Guess it just seems cheap to me, considering they already have insane odds for some of the chase cards. Dunno. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline ROID

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
Left one in my mouth too...after opening a whole box of them. Didn't even complete 1 base set.