Author Topic: ANS7 - Packs Containing 3 Parody Stickers + 1 Stick Of Gum  (Read 21855 times)

Offline chickenfat2010

ANS7 - Packs Containing 3 Parody Stickers + 1 Stick Of Gum
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
I just bought a 12 box case from a card dealer. When I got home I opened the official Topps Wacky Packages case and found the normal purple 24 pack boxes...the thing is that each pack has "3 parody stickers + 1 stick of gum" in it. This is stated on both the purple 24 pack boxes and packs themselves.

The boxes and packs do not list the odds or makes mention of wack-0-mercial parallels, foil stickers or sketches. Before I really knew what was going on for certain I ripped thru one 24 pack box and each pack of 3 stickers featured only base stickers and no wack-o-mercial stickers or anything else. Except each pack also has a (softer then they used to be) piece of bubble gum in a cellophane wrapper that has the #0102 printed on it.

Anyone know anything about these types of ANS7 packs/boxes?

Thanks, Fats

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: ANS7 - Packs Containing 3 Parody Stickers + 1 Stick Of Gum
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »
Can you post some pictures?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:00:56 PM »
I just bought a 12 box case from a card dealer. When I got home I opened the official Topps Wacky Packages case and found the normal purple 24 pack boxes...the thing is that each pack has "3 parody stickers + 1 stick of gum" in it. This is stated on both the purple 24 pack boxes and packs themselves.

The boxes and packs do not list the odds or makes mention of wack-0-mercial parallels, foil stickers or sketches. Before I really knew what was going on for certain I ripped thru one 24 pack box and each pack of 3 stickers featured only base stickers and no wack-o-mercial stickers or anything else. Except each pack also has a (softer then they used to be) piece of bubble gum in a cellophane wrapper that has the #0102 printed on it.

Thanks, Fats

How much did the case cost?

- or for Sco(o)t, How big was the price? -
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »

Thanks, Fats

Three stickers per pack is bizarre. Post photos please.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »

Not as bizarre as gum in the packs!

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Here are some pics. The dude charged me $30 per box of 24 packs...

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »
That IS bizarre!!  I wonder why no one has heard about the packs with gum in them?  On another note, I would be hard pressed to pay $1 for a pack with only 3 stickers in it.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »

Thanks, Fats

Can you give us the wrapper code?  I'm going to start to figure out the wrapper codes and that's definitely a new one!  Sounds like a crappy deal though if there aren't any chasers in it. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

Thanks, Fats

Who is the dealer?  Cardgarys?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Can you give us the wrapper code?  I'm going to start to figure out the wrapper codes and that's definitely a new one!  Sounds like a crappy deal though if there aren't any chasers in it. 
The wrapper code is # 0-721-89-01-0

The upc symbol is # 0 41116 38406 6

The gum code is # 0102

I got it from a friend of a friend from work....all I know is that he is mostly a baseball card dealer but he had a box of ANS7 wackies that I bought from the trunk of his car

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »

The gum code is # 0102

I got it from a friend of a friend from work....all I know is that he is mostly a baseball card dealer but he had a box of ANS7 wackies that I bought from the trunk of his car

I wonder if some of the "cases" from "dealers" on ebay will be short packs like these....yuk!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »

thanks for the info! btw, is the inside of the wrapper silver or white?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
I wonder if some of the "cases" from "dealers" on ebay will be short packs like these....yuk!

It's definitely a question we need to ask from now on!  We can't assume anymore. 

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
thanks for the info! btw, is the inside of the wrapper silver or white?
The insides of the wrappers are silver

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
It's definitely a question we need to ask from now on!  We can't assume anymore. 
just look for the 721 code, that'll be the gum packs

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 07:21:39 PM »

Thanks, Fats

Holy crap, I have 2 cases of ANS7 coming from Lockwood that are 16 box cases. I hope and pray I don't get swill like the above. No chance of pulling golds or sketches? What is Topps up to?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:26 PM »
Holy crap, I have 2 cases of ANS7 coming from Lockwood that are 16 box cases. I hope and pray I don't get swill like the above. No chance of pulling golds or sketches? What is Topps up to?

I ordered a 16 box case from him too, and after reading this, a few hours ago I asked him what the story was, and told him if the packs in his cases were 3 stickers, I wanted to cancel.

I wonder if these 3 sticker 'packs' were figured into the insert ratios......
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:27:06 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »
just look for the 721 code, that'll be the gum packs

But if you order a case off of ebay from a dealer I wouldn't think you would automatically get that info. 

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:10 PM »
I ordered a 16 box case from him too, and after reading this, a few hours ago I asked him what the story was, and told him if the packs in his cases were 3 stickers, I wanted to cancel.

I wonder if these 3 sticker 'packs' were figured into the insert ratios......
I think, although I am by no means sure, that the DANGER cases are the TWELVE BOX CASES....not eight or sixteen box cases. The 12 boxes cases might have the 3 sticker/gum packs (with probably no chase cards) so buyer beware. I am just guessing from what I've seen out there and am not certain about this

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »
I think, although I am by no means sure, that the DANGER cases are the TWELVE BOX CASES....not eight or sixteen box cases. The 12 boxes cases might have the 3 sticker/gum packs (with probably no chase cards) so buyer beware. I am just guessing from what I've seen out there and am not certain about this

I agree that seems to be the case, and hopefully that is the case, but why do these dud packs exist at all? Does Topps realize how paranoid this is making people about losing large sums of money on swill?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »
I agree that seems to be the case, and hopefully that is the case, but why do these dud packs exist at all? Does Topps realize how paranoid this is making people about losing large sums of money on swill?
It is somewhat disheartening to hear you guys calling the base product swill barely one week into the sales cycle.  I really think Topps should stop wasting time with sketches and just put lottery tickets in the random cases.  Gold bordered wackys are hideous looking, at least sketches have some intrinsic beauty even though they are being treated like lottery tickets too.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »
It is somewhat disheartening to hear you guys calling the base product swill barely one week into the sales cycle.  I really think Topps should stop wasting time with sketches and just put lottery tickets in the random cases.  Gold bordered wackys are hideous looking, at least sketches have some intrinsic beauty even though they are being treated like lottery tickets too.

I don't think the base stickers are swill, but I don't want to pay over $1 for a pack of three stickers and gum with no chance at an insert when other packs are $2 for 8 stickers, with inserts.  Aside from no chance at inserts, I'd get less base stickers for the money!!  If those three sticker packs were priced at around 50 cents, I'd buy them to use at Halloween, but that would be about 20 packs, maybe, that I'd go through.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »

I dont mean the stickers themselves are swill, but at $2 a pack- 3 stickers and a piece of gum with no chance of getting extras is swill!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
I don't think the base stickers are swill, but I don't want to pay over $1 for a pack of three stickers and gum with no chance at an insert when other packs are $2 for 8 stickers, with inserts.  Aside from no chance at inserts, I'd get less base stickers for the money!!  If those three sticker packs were priced at around 50 cents, I'd buy them to use at Halloween, but that would be about 20 packs, maybe, that I'd go through.

We basically just said the same thing within a minute of each other lol

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
If you end up with those cases I'll buy a few boxes from you. Pulling gum from a Wacky Pack is FUN!

So what's up with Lockwood? He's still in the distribution biz?

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
maybe they're just trying to sell inexpensive packs to kids and enticing them with gum. I know, a totally insane idea. What kid would want a few stickers and a stick of gum for the change in their pocket?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
maybe they're just trying to sell inexpensive packs to kids and enticing them with gum. I know, a totally insane idea. What kid would want a few stickers and a stick of gum for the change in their pocket?

Exactly! I would be pissed as a collector but Topps maybe going back to their wacky roots with a couple cards and a stick of gum. This is no different than the original series. The moral of the story is know what you are buying before purchasing and you will be fine. Topps is probably trying all kinds of gimmicks to sell product. I can't believe these 3 packs are selling for $2 and that is why the seller sold the box for $30. He probably made a profit!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
If you end up with those cases I'll buy a few boxes from you. Pulling gum from a Wacky Pack is FUN!

So what's up with Lockwood? He's still in the distribution biz?

Thanks, I will be looking to sell boxes to someone if I get hit with those.

I suppose Lockwood is still a distributer. He was preselling cases on ebay and me and my brother decided to go in on 2 cases together so we contacted him privately.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »
I can't believe these 3 packs are selling for $2 and that is why the seller sold the box for $30. He probably made a profit!
well, if he sold a box of 24 for $30, that tells me the packs really aren't $2. maybe $1?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »
well, if he sold a box of 24 for $30, that tells me the packs really aren't $2. maybe $1?

That is what I was getting at without spelling it out ;) Don't want to assume because as soon as you start to assume on this forum people will call you out as to why you would think like that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:15:24 PM by BumChex »

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Maybe, except that I purchased 24 pack boxes from Lockwood at right around $30 per box. He had about the same price for FB and FB 2 retail boxes too. If the retail price on these 3 pk packs is $1 then that is a fair price. If it's $2 it's a tremendous rip off.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »
Maybe, except that I purchased 24 pack boxes from Lockwood at right around $30 per box. He had about the same price for FB and FB 2 retail boxes too. If the retail price on these 3 pk packs is $1 then that is a fair price. If it's $2 it's a tremendous rip off.

I think you have it the other way around ;D

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »

How much did the case cost?

- or for Sco(o)t, How big was the price? -

hee hee  :]
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 04:57:24 AM »
If the retail price is $1, then I think it's a great way to entice kids to buy Wackys.  But, if there's going to be confusion and the gum packs are going to wind up priced at $2, I can see people feeling ripped off, and that's not good for business.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 05:01:05 AM »
If the retail price is $1, then I think it's a great way to entice kids to buy Wackys.  But, if there's going to be confusion and the gum packs are going to wind up priced at $2, I can see people feeling ripped off, and that's not good for business.

I agree.  $1 for three stickers and gum is fair.  That's like 25 cents per card and 25cents for the gum.  Compare to $2 for an eight sticker pack, stickers are 25 cents apiece there.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

anything