Author Topic: Unofficial Wacky Packages Day Anniversary!  (Read 1916 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Unofficial Wacky Packages Day Anniversary!
« on: June 09, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Happy Unofficial Wacky Packages Day!

It is our Annual Anniversary that was started by Neil (I believe) and one year later we are better off in WackyLand!

I hope each of you has a Happy and Healthy Wackiversary! (thank goodness for the Calendar Reminder Feature!!!!!)

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Unofficial Wacky Packages Day Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 07:13:50 AM »

It is our Annual Anniversary that was started by Neil (I believe) and one year later we are better off in WackyLand!

I hope each of you has a Happy and Healthy Wackiversary! (thank goodness for the Calendar Reminder Feature!!!!!)

Richard
#StayWacky

I'm happy to hear you remembered Richard! I completely spaced it out this year! So, thank you!  Fortunately, we have the weekly wackys to keep us occupied for a while, so maybe one day when there's a lull in the program, I'll do something fun to celebrate Officially Unofficial Wacky Packages Day again! 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:17:25 AM »
Neil,

Thanks for what you have done in the past to bridge the gap in Wackyland.   

Andrew

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »
I had my Most Important Meal of The Day and I have a keen memory!

hahahahahahahahahahha

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 05:52:31 PM »
I seem to recall that Official Wacky Packages Day was originally April 1. Does anyone remember how it morphed into Unofficial Wacky Packages Day on June 9?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »
I seem to recall that Official Wacky Packages Day was originally April 1. Does anyone remember how it morphed into Unofficial Wacky Packages Day on June 9?

Actually, it started on June 9 but at one point, I was considering changing it to April 1st. But that was before the Wacky comic came out with the Official April 1st Wacky Day. So, I just decided to leave it June 9 to avoid confusion...

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »

I guess I missed it.  But Happy (belated) Wacky Packages Day to everyone!  What's the significance of June 9th?  I don't remember that being an important date, but then again, I didn't do as well as I thought I would at Wacky Packages Jeopardy in '99, so I may have missed it.  Is it an important release-date from '67 or '73?  Norm Saunders' birthday?  The date in 2018 that Tom T. finally finished his 1-16 run?  (sorry Tom, couldn't resist the rib, and I already pick on Shoe too much).

anything