Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238531 times)

Offline Dr.M

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #1260 on: September 02, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
I'll be honest, I'm so crazy busy every day with all the assignments I've not looked at or read anything here about deliveries or chase cards or any of that stuff. I've only been concerned about putting out a good card (or two) each week. If someone here wants to write a very specific note detailing whatever it is you all have an issue with with the sets so that it's crystal clear I will pass it on to them for you.

Also, let's talk about the actual cards in the sets as much as all the minutia. That's what the sets are about after all!

Hi David,

The only concern here was that many of us received our shipping notice for August week 1. We haven’t received our shipping notice for July week 5. We were just looking for some clarification. We reach out to you the artist(s) from time to time as you seem to have a direct line to Topps. If we reach out directly to them our questions remain unanswered. Thank you for these sets and the artwork you contribute every week. I have no doubt you’re swamped these days. Thank you for all that you’ve done to keep Wackies alive!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1261 on: September 02, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »
September week one is LIVE. Looks pretty awesome!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1263 on: September 02, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »
I agree, it's the cards and titles and our beloved Wackys, that's what is more important.

Mail is slow everywhere, all my packages take forever,
and I'm in a major suburb outside of Boston,
but patience is a virtue, they're worth the extra delay.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #1264 on: September 02, 2020, 10:59:22 AM »
Hi David,

The only concern here was that many of us received our shipping notice for August week 1. We haven’t received our shipping notice for July week 5. We were just looking for some clarification. We reach out to you the artist(s) from time to time as you seem to have a direct line to Topps. If we reach out directly to them our questions remain unanswered. Thank you for these sets and the artwork you contribute every week. I have no doubt you’re swamped these days. Thank you for all that you’ve done to keep Wackies alive!

Just write me a clear message as if you are writing Topps with exactly the issues with all the shipping and any of the insert stuff. This way after I give it to them if they have comments I can know how respond. You can post it here and I'll cut and paste it into an email

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #1265 on: September 02, 2020, 11:03:20 AM »
Here's my card for the week: Brrrzooka (from a Pete Zies gag).

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1266 on: September 02, 2020, 11:28:46 AM »
Just write me a clear message as if you are writing Topps with exactly the issues with all the shipping and any of the insert stuff. This way after I give it to them if they have comments I can know how respond. You can post it here and I'll cut and paste it into an email
Thank you David. Here’s a letter to send off, if you don’t mind. Please and thank you.

Dear Topps Customer Service,

I would like to inquire as to why my shipment of the Weekly Wacky Packages Series August Week 1 shipped out prior to Weekly Wacky Packages Series July Week 5 shipped out. Was this just an oversight and can I expect to receive a shipping notice for July Week 5 sometime this week? I checked my account status and it says ‘processing’. This is the same for any series not yet shipped out. Any information you could provide, would be of great help.

Thank you and take care

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1267 on: September 02, 2020, 11:29:56 AM »
Here's my card for the week: Brrrzooka (from a Pete Zies gag).

Great looking card :)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1268 on: September 02, 2020, 12:12:21 PM »
September week 1 guest artist:  Simone Arena

Great to see the GA cards continue

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1269 on: September 02, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

Also, let's talk about the actual cards in the sets as much as all the minutia. That's what the sets are about after all!

I wanted to start a thread for Weekly Wacky card commentary, but, quite honestly, the way these are coming out I haven't had time to really look at and appreciate the art and gags as much as I would like.   I do finally have May and June in pages, so maybe I can start that up tonight.

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #1270 on: September 02, 2020, 01:16:59 PM »
This week's guest artist is someone named Simone Arena, never heard of her.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #1271 on: September 02, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »
I see an error in this week's Wonky listing. The gallery images shows Flabby's juice, but on the checklist it says Rich Boy Paint. The Ditz image is also missing.

I'm sure they will correct these things soon.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:09:47 PM by Swiski »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #1272 on: September 02, 2020, 01:52:49 PM »
This week's guest artist is someone named Simone Arena, never heard of her.

Simone is actually a guy (I think he pronounces it as Simon). He's an outstanding artist from Italy who's been doing Wacky (and gpk) work for many years. Great to have him in the mix!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1273 on: September 02, 2020, 03:01:02 PM »
and he (Simone) does a lot of great sketch cards for a LOT of different sets!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #1274 on: September 03, 2020, 05:33:24 AM »
Danny from the Facebook fan page mentioned the artwork for September Week 1 Ditz was "embargoed" by Topps. What does that mean? Is the artwork being changed?

• Administrator
« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2020, 06:47:31 AM »
Danny from the Facebook fan page mentioned the artwork for September Week 1 Ditz was "embargoed" by Topps. What does that mean? Is the artwork being changed?
Embargoed? LOL sounds like nonsense.
I’m sure the art simply wasn’t ready yet at the time of posting. this has happened a few times before.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #1276 on: September 03, 2020, 07:35:05 AM »
Embargoed? LOL sounds like nonsense.
I’m sure the art simply wasn’t ready yet at the time of posting. this has happened a few times before.

I did a Ditz Crackers way back in ANS. Don't know what this version of Ditz is a parody of though. If it's the crackers that could be the issue. Don't know.

Online mikecho

« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
I did a Ditz Crackers way back in ANS. Don't know what this version of Ditz is a parody of though. If it's the crackers that could be the issue. Don't know.
I checked it out; it was ANS7.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1278 on: September 03, 2020, 11:55:22 AM »
I just got a Fedex notice for my July Week 5 shipment.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1279 on: September 03, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »
I just got a Fedex notice for my July Week 5 shipment.

Fantastic news!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1280 on: September 03, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »
Just received a shipping notice today as well. Guess they just printed the weekly sets out of order.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #1281 on: September 03, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »

You guessed right! I had to finish up a few other parts of the set first. Here it is for your viewing consideration...

Enjoy!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #1282 on: September 03, 2020, 08:35:50 PM »
You guessed right! I had to finish up a few other parts of the set first. Here it is for your viewing consideration...

Enjoy!

Another amazing card!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1283 on: September 03, 2020, 10:15:19 PM »

Enjoy!

I love it!!

Offline Hostile_Thinkies

« Reply #1284 on: September 03, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »
That's a great card indeed! Hope to have it someday. Thanks for sharing it- wonderful artwork.

• Administrator
« Reply #1285 on: September 04, 2020, 08:40:36 AM »
August week 4 sales:  688

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2020, 09:04:10 AM »
I received my August Week 1 order this morning.  Excellent collation - out of my 10 sets, I got one of each ludlow and coupon back, and 4 initials and 6 guest artists.  I hope this keeps up!!  :great: :great:

Offline drono

« Reply #1287 on: September 04, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »
So the numbers are good, but they're consistently going down.  Pat, you just have to start buying more again.  Should we start a Go Fund Me page for you?  ;)

Offline quas

« Reply #1288 on: September 04, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »
Thank you David. Here’s a letter to send off, if you don’t mind. Please and thank you.

Dear Topps Customer Service,

I would like to inquire as to why my shipment of the Weekly Wacky Packages Series August Week 1 shipped out prior to Weekly Wacky Packages Series July Week 5 shipped out. Was this just an oversight and can I expect to receive a shipping notice for July Week 5 sometime this week? I checked my account status and it says ‘processing’. This is the same for any series not yet shipped out. Any information you could provide, would be of great help.

Thank you and take care

I had the same issue.
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1289 on: September 04, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »
So the numbers are good, but they're consistently going down.  Pat, you just have to start buying more again.  Should we start a Go Fund Me page for you?  ;)

:] :] :] :]

Online mikecho

« Reply #1290 on: September 04, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »
I take it, then, that as far as buying Wackys is concerned, this system we have now just may be the new normal when compared to buying them in, say, brick-and-mortar stores?

« Reply #1291 on: September 04, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
I received my August Week 1 order this morning.  Excellent collation - out of my 10 sets, I got one of each ludlow and coupon back, and 4 initials and 6 guest artists.  I hope this keeps up!!  :great: :great:
Once again unlike you, I am short one coupon back (Players #2) and one red ludlow.  I can’t understand why we pay so much for 10 sets and have to get doubles? Topps should make sure we get one of every coupon and ludlow available in the set.

« Reply #1292 on: September 04, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »
I take it, then, that as far as buying Wackys is concerned, this system we have now just may be the new normal when compared to buying them in, say, brick-and-mortar stores?

I HATE these weekly sets. Rather have a monthly set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1293 on: September 04, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
Once again unlike you, I am short one coupon back (Players #2) and one red ludlow.  I can’t understand why we pay so much for 10 sets and have to get doubles? Topps should make sure we get one of every coupon and ludlow available in the set.

I agree.  10 packs should get one of every coupon and ludlow available in the set.  You should have seen my collation when I was buying 40 sets!  Sometimes I'd get 1 of 1 coupon, and 6 of another.  And often, more luds than coupons. 

So, after getting my August Week 1 sets at 11:15 today, my July Week 5 sets just arrived!  Will open those later.

« Reply #1294 on: September 04, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »
I agree.  10 packs should get one of every coupon and ludlow available in the set.  You should have seen my collation when I was buying 40 sets!  Sometimes I'd get 1 of 1 coupon, and 6 of another.  And often, more luds than coupons. 

So, after getting my August Week 1 sets at 11:15 today, my July Week 5 sets just arrived!  Will open those later.

That was fast delivery, I just got my July week 5 notice today. Maybe they’ll come next Tuesday.

anything