Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238546 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #875 on: July 10, 2020, 06:35:34 AM »
By the way, July Week 2 is no longer sold out... not sure if it was just me, but it was "sold out" for a couple days and all of the sudden it isn't anymore. Weird.
The Topps website incorrectly going to a "Just Missed It" page was occurring frequently for both the GPK and Wacky sets when they initially posted this week. Seems to have cleared up.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #876 on: July 10, 2020, 08:01:05 AM »
Awesome!! Are you able to share all sketches from the cancelled set?

Not yet. You never know when some of them might come back to life ;)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #877 on: July 10, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »
I'm throwing in the towel trying to help everyone.  Too many cancellations, and too much money lost.  So, starting with next week (July Week 3) don't count on me.  I'll still trade/sell extras, but I can no longer keep buying what I have been, only to get left with a load of stickers and a credit card bill.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #878 on: July 10, 2020, 09:01:29 AM »
I'm throwing in the towel trying to help everyone.  Too many cancellations, and too much money lost.  So, starting with next week (July Week 3) don't count on me.  I'll still trade/sell extras, but I can no longer keep buying what I have been, only to get left with a load of stickers and a credit card bill.

Sorry to hear that people aren’t living up to their end with you fronting the money and purchasing all these sets each week. Save those variant backs, Wonkys etc for me from each week. As soon as I can get my sets, I’ll send you a want list! Take care and thanks again for everything you do here!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #879 on: July 10, 2020, 09:02:37 AM »
Topps updated this week's set gallery. Now you can see the Marchin Roman and Death parodies, along with the fixed checklist.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #880 on: July 10, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
Topps updated this week's set gallery. Now you can see the Marchin Roman and Death parodies, along with the fixed checklist.

That's one good thing about showing us everything up front, before the stickers are printed - they can fix the typos!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #881 on: July 10, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
My June week 2 arrived today.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #882 on: July 10, 2020, 12:28:25 PM »

Pat.  You have gone above and beyond for many on this board and your good works are truly treasured by many here.   Glad to hear you are scaling back
your wacky outlay. I hope many of us can help you out in the future.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #883 on: July 10, 2020, 01:15:26 PM »
Pat.  You have gone above and beyond for many on this board and your good works are truly treasured by many here.   Glad to hear you are scaling back

Andrew

I enjoy helping my Wacky friends!  Looking forward to some more good trades!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #884 on: July 10, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »
Let's hear it for Pat!

:clap: :91: :clap: :91: :clap: :91:

Offline Swiski

« Reply #885 on: July 10, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
Hopefully we can all help Pat if she ever needs anything!

I also got my June week 2 set today. I got the Pit-O-Money Wonky. Really wanted the Old Lice GA card, so I jumped on 1 on eBay for $8, but $12 after shipping.

That's almost the price of a weekly set from Topps, but if I ordered two sets from Topps, I run the risk of getting two Wonkys.

Still hoping I just got lucky with the Wonky this week and I get the GA cards every week.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:44:51 PM by Swiski »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #886 on: July 10, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
I'm throwing in the towel trying to help everyone.
Bummer! I was kinda dependin' on you to pick up some base sets down the road. I've stopped buying these from Topps, as I only care about base sets, and figure I can likely acquire them much more cheaply down the road from others...

And, I agree wholeheartedly with others, you Wacky rock! We've done some good trading/deals over the years...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #887 on: July 10, 2020, 03:11:36 PM »
Hopefully we can all help Pat if she ever needs anything!

I also got my June week 2 set today. I got the Pit-O-Money Wonky. Really wanted the Old Lice GA card, so I jumped on 1 on eBay for $8, but $12 after shipping.

That's almost the price of a weekly set from Topps, but if I ordered two sets from Topps, I run the risk of getting two Wonkys.

Still hoping I just got lucky with the Wonky this week and I get the GA cards every week.

My cards will be here tomorrow - please guys, wait on pulling the ebay trigger!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #888 on: July 10, 2020, 03:12:22 PM »
Bummer! I was kinda dependin' on you to pick up some base sets down the road. I've stopped buying these from Topps, as I only care about base sets, and figure I can likely acquire them much more cheaply down the road from others...

And, I agree wholeheartedly with others, you Wacky rock! We've done some good trading/deals over the years...

I'll have base sets for you, no worries there.  It's the inserts that are killing me.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #889 on: July 10, 2020, 03:27:17 PM »
I too would like to thank RawGoo for being kind enough to do this for forum members and am most appreciative of my recent transaction with her. :great:

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #890 on: July 10, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »
Did anyone get a June Week 3 Shipping Notification today? I seem to have gotten one this morning  :o

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #891 on: July 10, 2020, 03:30:49 PM »
Did anyone get a June Week 3 Shipping Notification today? I seem to have gotten one this morning  :o

I just received a shipping notice. Didn’t know if maybe it was replacement cards or June week 3. Should know by tomorrow:)

Offline Tie Boot Tea

« Reply #892 on: July 10, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
received my June replacement pack for my set of 10 purchase. Replacement was a single pack of 10 cards - 5 Wonky and 5 Pezz

I just got the same thing.  Now this is the weird part.  My original order was a single set plus a separate set of 10.  I received my single set.  Then I got those confirms for replacement sets.  I received another single set without a wonky or guest card.  I then received my set of ten (for the first time) with only one Wonky and one Guest artist in the set.  Now, today, I received two more deliveries for June Week 1 - one with 5 Wonkies and 5 Guest Artist cards and another with just one of each.

So, clearly Topps was trying to live up to their word here of a Wonky or GA in every pack.  I kind of feel bad for all the cards and mail they sent my way.  Thanks, Topps, for doing the right thing.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #893 on: July 10, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »
yes, just a fedex notice earlier for week 3

Edit - evening email sent out from topps saying they shipped
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:11:48 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #894 on: July 10, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »

Andrew

I couldn't agree more!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #895 on: July 10, 2020, 05:54:48 PM »
My cards will be here tomorrow - please guys, wait on pulling the ebay trigger!

Sorry about that, Pat! Confusion still on the rarity of the GA vs. Wonkys so I acted on impulse. Moving forward, what price do you guys think future GA and Wonkys will sell for? $5, or is that wishful thinking?

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #896 on: July 10, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
I purchased a Wonky Gatorage on eBay for around $75.00 on July 1st. About two or three days after that Gatorage arrived in the mail, I got my "replacement" June Week 1 package from Topps... of course, a Wonky Gatorage. I got burned, it happens, I wasn't too stressed. Then I got a "eBay Message" from the seller of the Gatorage. He expressed his apologies and mentioned how he never meant to take advantage of anyone, but obviously this card is no longer worth more then $10-$20. He said he couldn't refund my money but wanted to let me know he will ship the next Wonky and Guest Artist card out to me for free. I was shocked... I thought to myself, "I'm not sure I would have reached out to anyone; a deal is a deal." There was no way for him to know the replacement fiasco was about to happen! Anyway, chalk one up for this eBay seller, it doesn't happen often so I wanted to share my story!

I'm totally stoked on this weekly set, I hope it keeps up for the rest of the year! :-)

Todd B.
Ramona, CA

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #897 on: July 10, 2020, 08:46:41 PM »
Wow! You don't hear a story like that too often. Very cool to see that there's still some decent ebayer sellers out there.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #898 on: July 11, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »
Wow! You don't hear a story like that too often. Very cool to see that there's still some decent ebayer sellers out there.

Last I heard here the replacement sets were like the original shipments, with base sets, and Wonkys and GA cards scarce.  Yesterday afternoon I got a replacement package from Topps that had 5 of each Wonky and GA.  Topps is definitely trying to make things right, but how the heck am I supposed to know what to charge anymore to break even?

My June Week 2 order is supposed to arrive today, and my shipping notice for Week 3 came last night.  If I can figure out what to expect going forward, maybe I'll try another week of 40 packs to help people with July Week 3 coupons and ludlows (seems those are to be the tough ones now).  I don't know.  :c002:

Offline Swiski

« Reply #899 on: July 11, 2020, 05:42:31 AM »
Last I heard here the replacement sets were like the original shipments, with base sets, and Wonkys and GA cards scarce.  Yesterday afternoon I got a replacement package from Topps that had 5 of each Wonky and GA.  Topps is definitely trying to make things right, but how the heck am I supposed to know what to charge anymore to break even?

My June Week 2 order is supposed to arrive today, and my shipping notice for Week 3 came last night.  If I can figure out what to expect going forward, maybe I'll try another week of 40 packs to help people with July Week 3 coupons and ludlows (seems those are to be the tough ones now).  I don't know.  :c002:

Cool! LMK when you determine what you will be selling GAs and Wonkys for.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #900 on: July 11, 2020, 07:17:53 AM »
My sense is that Wonky's 2 and 3 (Crumbs and Clumsy) will now sell for even more as they are really the only super short-printed titles and once you own those two; collecting all the Wonkys is doable.  This series has been a roller coaster in terms of pricing.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #901 on: July 11, 2020, 07:30:40 AM »
My sense is that Wonky's 2 and 3 (Crumbs and Clumsy) will now sell for even more as they are really the only super short-printed titles and once you own those two; collecting all the Wonkys is doable.  This series has been a roller coaster in terms of pricing.

The roller coaster is making my scream  >( >( 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #902 on: July 11, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
My June Week 2 sets arrived today.  19 GA cards, 21 Wonkys.  On set 33 I finally finished a coupon back set.  No other coupon #8 cards, so just the one coupon set out of 40 base sets.  Did get 3 ludlow sets, so 2 available.  Some singles available.

Wonkys and Guest Artist cards are now VERY available.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:40:56 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #903 on: July 11, 2020, 08:59:43 AM »
My June Week 2 sets arrived today.  19 GA cards, 21 Wonkys.  On set 33 I finally finished a coupon back set.  No other coupon #8 cards, so just the one coupon set out of 40 base sets.  Did get 3 ludlow sets, so 2 available.  Some singles available.

How much are you asking for GA, Wonkys, coupons and Luds?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #904 on: July 11, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »
Let's hear it for Pat!

:clap: :91: :clap: :91: :clap: :91:

Seconds on thanking Pat for her service to the Wacky community!  You rock, Pat!

« Reply #905 on: July 11, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
I purchased a Wonky Gatorage on eBay for around $75.00 on July 1st. About two or three days after that Gatorage arrived in the mail, I got my "replacement" June Week 1 package from Topps... of course, a Wonky Gatorage. I got burned, it happens, I wasn't too stressed. Then I got a "eBay Message" from the seller of the Gatorage. He expressed his apologies and mentioned how he never meant to take advantage of anyone, but obviously this card is no longer worth more then $10-$20. He said he couldn't refund my money but wanted to let me know he will ship the next Wonky and Guest Artist card out to me for free. I was shocked... I thought to myself, "I'm not sure I would have reached out to anyone; a deal is a deal." There was no way for him to know the replacement fiasco was about to happen! Anyway, chalk one up for this eBay seller, it doesn't happen often so I wanted to share my story!

I'm totally stoked on this weekly set, I hope it keeps up for the rest of the year! :-)

Todd B.
Ramona, CA

I got burned like you did but my seller just kept the money. I think what is happening is shameful. Because of the delays and Topps errors and having to buy sets weeks before they arrive, I don’t know whether to buy just one set and get the artist cards and wonkys later on eBay or to buy the 10 sets from Topps? Raw goo posted she did not get a full coupon back set until the 33rd set. They are all I want. I think I give up. Becoming too expensive.

Offline 1980Phils

« Reply #906 on: July 11, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »
My single June Week 2 set arrived today with no #8 and two #9s.  Did someone here get my #8 and I have your #9?  And now I get a Wonky they are easy to get - go figure.  :-\    And the numbers are out of order again on the puzzle backs for everyone else, right?

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #907 on: July 11, 2020, 04:38:33 PM »

This is getting confusing...coupon sets are now harder to complete, at least for June Week 2....anyone keeping track of this, week by week?

Offline lordmopar66

« Reply #908 on: July 11, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
Hi everyone, new here.  Started collecting these this year from the beginning.

Bought 20 sets still needed 1 lud and 1 coupon.  Got 10 of each of the Wonky / GA.  Just my 2 cents!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #909 on: July 11, 2020, 05:11:00 PM »
Hi everyone, new here.  Started collecting these this year from the beginning.

Bought 20 sets still needed 1 lud and 1 coupon.  Got 10 of each of the Wonky / GA.  Just my 2 cents!

Welcome to the forum. Is your name referencing Mopar Muscle cars? If so, that is awesome. Mopar or no car!

anything