Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238518 times)

Online DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #700 on: June 26, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »
Got my two packs of June Week One cards. The same Coupon back in each pack (Thingles) and a different Ludlow in each pack.  No GA/Wonky.   :'(

Offline drono

« Reply #701 on: June 26, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
It is definitely encouraging (and much appreciated!) that Topps is taking a corrective action.

Agreed, but what corrective action are they taking?  It's like Zenergizer said, they promised X and instead it was Y.  I think a lot of the frustration expressed here on the forum stems from the fact that we don't know what X and Y are, and their email offers no details.  Finally with the last set up for sale, we got a small sampling of that, but all along others have been purchasing a lot of sets hoping to get a full set of ludlow and coupon backs along with a wonky and now a guest artist card only to be baffled by both the distribution and collation of chase cards.  If they're going to do that, then they should go back to putting them in wax packs and boxes and selling them that way.  At least hopefully you could get a full set by buying one box at $50 rather than spending $15+ for each base set along with whatever chase cards they want to throw in.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #702 on: June 26, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
we'll just have to wait and see, but I have faith it will be good for all of us.  Other companies
could just say "too bad," but some people spoke and they listened, all good.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #703 on: June 26, 2020, 11:56:41 AM »
we'll just have to wait and see, but I have faith it will be good for all of us.  Other companies
could just say "too bad," but some people spoke and they listened, all good.

I think I missed exactly what Topps did here here to rectify their screw-up. I have received no corrective action shipment email. Who has and what did it state?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #704 on: June 26, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »
For those that got replacement emails from Topps. Did anyone order less than 10 sets?

Offline drono

« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »
For those that got replacement emails from Topps. Did anyone order less than 10 sets?

I only ordered one set and got the email.  I'm guessing that the distribution of the chase cards didn't match what they stated on the web site:

• 2 chase stickers - (1) Red Ludlow Back OR Coupon Back, (1) Wonky Packages OR Guest Artist of the Week

So they're probably shipping out just either a wonky or a guest artist card, which will be greatly appreciated.

This is the gist of the email:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:15:33 PM by drono »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2020, 12:49:21 PM »
I think I missed exactly what Topps did here here to rectify their screw-up.
you didn't miss anything, as none of us actually knows yet exactly what Topps is doing

Perhaps it'll be like one of the recent GPK weekly sets, where they were sent out missing the chase card.
Everyone got the 'replacement order' and received just the missing chase card.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2020, 01:02:41 PM »
I only ordered one set and got the email.  I'm guessing that the distribution of the chase cards didn't match what they stated on the web site:

• 2 chase stickers - (1) Red Ludlow Back OR Coupon Back, (1) Wonky Packages OR Guest Artist of the Week

So they're probably shipping out just either a wonky or a guest artist card, which will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Offline quas

« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »
Got June Week 1.  Wonky, plus 4 of 5 coupon backs (missing #4 Blistext), plus all 5 Ludlows (except I don't collect the Ludlows).  That's two weeks in a row I've gotten all 5 Ludlows in 5 packs.
Marc

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »

I work not far from 1 Whitehall.  I should look into whether they give tours of their HQ.  maybe I can sneak into ‘The Vault’ lol.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #710 on: June 26, 2020, 07:38:33 PM »

Thank you. I ordered 4 sets and didn’t get an email. Wonder if they’ll just automatically ship to everyone. I can’t get my orders until the borders open, so I have no idea what I got. The way things are looking, I will have like 12-13 weeks worth of sets to open. Maybe more if they have sets in August or September.....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #711 on: June 27, 2020, 12:20:40 AM »
Thank you. I ordered 4 sets and didn’t get an email. Wonder if they’ll just automatically ship to everyone. I can’t get my orders until the borders open, so I have no idea what I got. The way things are looking, I will have like 12-13 weeks worth of sets to open. Maybe more if they have sets in August or September.....

Did you check your junk mail?  Some of my email from Topps ends up there.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #712 on: June 27, 2020, 08:25:14 AM »

Nothing in my junk mail or inbox. Even checked my Topps account....nothing. Maybe something will just get sent out?

• Administrator
« Reply #713 on: June 27, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »
Nothing in my junk mail or inbox. Even checked my Topps account....nothing. Maybe something will just get sent out?
maybe the problem was corrected before they shipped yours out?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #714 on: June 27, 2020, 09:00:54 AM »
maybe the problem was corrected before they shipped yours out?

Maybe? It’s funny though. You and I seem to get our shipping notices at the exact same time. So that made me wonder. And as I mentioned before..with not being able to get my sets anytime soon, I’ll have no idea what I got. It’s driving me a bit crazy not really being able to be involved in the conversation here or so trades for what cards I may need....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #715 on: June 27, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
Maybe? It’s funny though. You and I seem to get our shipping notices at the exact same time. So that made me wonder. And as I mentioned before..with not being able to get my sets anytime soon, I’ll have no idea what I got. It’s driving me a bit crazy not really being able to be involved in the conversation here or so trades for what cards I may need....

I got correction messages for the 20 packs that came already, and a shipping notice for the other 20 packs. 

That's got to be frustrating, having the Wackys pile up.  For all you know, you're sitting on a pile of Wonkys!  I wish I could pick them up for you, but I'm about as far from the border as you can be and still be in New York.  Our covid numbers are really much better now - maybe soon they will open part of the border.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #716 on: June 27, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
I got correction messages for the 20 packs that came already, and a shipping notice for the other 20 packs. 

That's got to be frustrating, having the Wackys pile up.  For all you know, you're sitting on a pile of Wonkys!  I wish I could pick them up for you, but I'm about as far from the border as you can be and still be in New York.  Our covid numbers are really much better now - maybe soon they will open part of the border.

Awe thanks Pat! It’s going to be a lot of opening for me to do once I get them. And probably a fairly long want list spanning over 3 months of sets. Hope I get at least a few Wonkys!

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #717 on: June 27, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »
I just received my shipping notice.  :-\

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #718 on: June 27, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »

I don't see that email either and I wonder if I had deleted it thinking it was just another Topps ad.
Did you have to reply to the email?
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #719 on: June 27, 2020, 12:17:04 PM »
I don't see that email either and I wonder if I had deleted it thinking it was just another Topps ad.
Did you have to reply to the email?
A

No reply was needed.  The basic message is pictured a little further above in this thread.

Offline drono

« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2020, 01:29:40 PM »
Got my June Week 1 pack today - one coupon (Band-Ape) and one ludlow (Blistext).  So I guess my replacement shipment will either be a wonky or a guest artist.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #721 on: June 27, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »
I'll have plenty.

Great. Maybe you can let me know when that week's cards come in.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #722 on: June 27, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »
Got my June Week 1 pack today - one coupon (Band-Ape) and one ludlow (Blistext).  So I guess my replacement shipment will either be a wonky or a guest artist.

Wondering what the ratio is for receiving a Wonky or a GA card. 50-50 chance?

• Administrator
« Reply #723 on: June 27, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »
Wondering what the ratio is for receiving a Wonky or a GA card. 50-50 chance?
something tells me that is very unlikely. 

my bet is Wonkys will be just as rare (1:10)

Offline drono

« Reply #724 on: June 27, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »

That works for me.  I've given up on getting the wonkys, so I'll take the guest artist card every week.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #725 on: June 28, 2020, 12:29:21 AM »
My week 4 for May still hasn't come in..... :-\

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: June 28, 2020, 05:09:06 AM »
My week 4 for May still hasn't come in..... :-\

Something sounds wrong there, you should call them tomorrow.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #727 on: June 28, 2020, 05:10:38 AM »
something tells me that is very unlikely. 

I'm wondering how much packaging material there will be  :o

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #728 on: June 29, 2020, 12:36:27 AM »
Something sounds wrong there, you should call them tomorrow.

I just checked the shipping on this – I ordered this on June 3, expected delivery June 30!
A

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: June 30, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:19:31 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #730 on: June 30, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »
NO WAY.

I might have to get that pack, just for that card.

That brings back my childhood.

How much do the packs cost?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2020, 12:53:08 PM »
Sneak peek from FB for July week 1

https://i.postimg.cc/N0Bvz4pd/61-EE353-F-5-A0-E-4-F32-89-B7-B62045-AC0-FE4.jpg

Cool! Looks like a vintage series parody. The packaging design hasn't changed too much over the years.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2020, 01:02:11 PM »
Happy 4th of July!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #733 on: June 30, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »
Sneak peek from FB for July week 1

https://i.postimg.cc/N0Bvz4pd/61-EE353-F-5-A0-E-4-F32-89-B7-B62045-AC0-FE4.jpg

Amazing looking card! I wonder what the July series with hold. Similar to June or maybe something different....tomorrow will tell...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #734 on: June 30, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
Amazing looking card! I wonder what the July series with hold. Similar to June or maybe something different....tomorrow will tell...

Glad you all like the Black & Blue Cats card! I wanted to do something "fourthy" to celebrate the occasion. There's more holiday themed fun in store!